NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Marcus Smart causing James Harden to completely melt down mentally in the final seconds. You can't teach that.
Im not so sure we cant contend with the Warriors anymore. I know i gotta sober up from that win but Rozier and smart anchoring that second unit with a healthy Morris and Brown is one of the more formidable lineups, still, in the league.

Im not so sure we cant contend with the Warriors anymore. I know i gotta sober up from that win but Rozier and smart anchoring that second unit with a healthy Morris and Brown is one of the more formidable lineups, still, in the league.
Celtics and Rockets were both short handed last night.
Celtics no Jaylen Brown, Sami Olejaye.
Rockets no Chris Paul, Clint Cillpea.

Celtics need to use that 9 million trade exception on a bench piece.

Celtics and Rockets were both short handed last night.
Celtics no Jaylen Brown, Sami Olejaye.
Rockets no Chris Paul, Clint Cillpea.

Celtics need to use that 9 million trade exception on a bench piece.

Yep, with those two + hayward potentially back in the post season... anything may be possible

Smart is a flopper but Harden extended his arm and shoved him.
Harden always does it and it was shocking he was finally called for it.

Did he? It's hard to tell from the TV angle and due to no timeouts being called, they didn't show a replay, but it didn't look to me like he extended his arm much at all in either instance. Smart just basically planted his feet under Harden so that the slightest bit of contact would make himself fall over.

What Harden did seems pretty much identical to what 99% of NBA players do at the end of games. The refs just decided to call it for pretty much the first time ever and did it twice.

The 2nd one was so stupid on Harden's part though; really even the first one was. You know Smart is going to flop if you put any contact into him at all; surely your teammates, such as Eric Gordon, who is also a lights out free throw shooter, can get open instead.

Did he? It's hard to tell from the TV angle and due to no timeouts being called, they didn't show a replay, but it didn't look to me like he extended his arm much at all in either instance. Smart just basically planted his feet under Harden so that the slightest bit of contact would make himself fall over.

What Harden did seems pretty much identical to what 99% of NBA players do at the end of games. The refs just decided to call it for pretty much the first time ever and did it twice.

The 2nd one was so stupid on Harden's part though; really even the first one was. You know Smart is going to flop if you put any contact into him at all; surely your teammates, such as Eric Gordon, who is also a lights out free throw shooter, can get open instead.

He did. Both times.

Harden gets so many cheapies I consider it sweet, sweet justice if he gets hosed on a call.

Refs will make that call 9/10 times when the offensive player extends his arm and the defender is flopmaster Marcus

The funny thing is Harden got called for basically the same thing against the Clippers last week. 3 times in a week!!

It seemed to me that on the first one, the Rockets were really slow and lazy to inbound the ball, Ariza took forever to come and get it, Harden didn't seem to show much urgency. Very odd.

If I was a Boston fan I'd be super excited now, but I can't help but think every other team is just playing for second place.

Foul 1
hardenfoul.0.gif

Questionable but he threw an elbow into Smart’s body.

Foul 2
hardenfouledthisup.0.gif

Obvious no question offensive foul.

Harden had Smart get under his skin.

Foul 1
hardenfoul.0.gif

Foul 2
hardenfouledthisup.0.gif

Yeah, that 2nd one is definitely an offensive foul. That angle is so much better than what was originally shown on TV.

Foul 1
hardenfoul.0.gif

Foul 2
hardenfouledthisup.0.gif

Somethign else that's interesting, I thought I noticed it last night but didn't watch the replay; Gordon, who caught the inbound on the first play, def had his jersey grabbed as he was coming to the ball. Considering refs are looking to call the foul there since they know it's coming, I am kinda surprised there was no whistle. Maybe because it was before the ball was inbounded, and they were down a ref.

Refs will make that call 9/10 times when the offensive player extends his arm and the defender is flopmaster Marcus
Don’t look now but the Lakers have the 4th worst record in the NBA and the Celtics could be looking at another top 5 pick this draft.
Trae Young or Michael Porter Jr. would fit nicely with this team.
As Bagley and Donic are going 1-2.

Don’t look now but the Lakers have the 4th worst record in the NBA and the Celtics could be looking at another top 5 pick this draft.
Trae Young or Michael Porter Jr. would fit nicely with this team.
As Bagley and Donic are going 1-2.
Porter Jr., huh?

I guess they could play Kyrie with 4 small forwards.

Porter Jr., huh?

I guess they could play Kyrie with 4 small forwards.
I think Ayton or Bamba could be considered but Ainge goes for the most talented.
The most talented players are Bagley who will be the first pick IMO, Doncic and Porter.
I think Porter would be the Celtics guy most likely. Porter is 6’10 as well.
Unless they flipped the pick, and one of Tatum and Brown for Anthony Davis.

The funny thing is Harden got called for basically the same thing against the Clippers last week. 3 times in a week!!

It seemed to me that on the first one, the Rockets were really slow and lazy to inbound the ball, Ariza took forever to come and get it, Harden didn't seem to show much urgency. Very odd.

If I was a Boston fan I'd be super excited now, but I can't help but think every other team is just playing for second place.

Officials must have been tipped off on Harden’s moves to get open recently.

I think Ayton or Bamba could be considered but Ainge goes for the most talented.
The most talented players are Bagley who will be the first pick IMO, Doncic and Porter.
I think Porter would be the Celtics guy most likely. Porter is 6’10 as well.
Unless they flipped the pick, and one of Tatum and Brown for Anthony Davis.
I actually think a 4 small forward lineup would be killer. Small forwards are often the most versatile guys on the floor. It's hard enough to have one or two good ones on a team - to have four plus small forwards would be nuts. Sure, you'd give up some size, but the things you could do on both ends of the floor are insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom