NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

The craziest thing to me about Beasley is the guy was a rebounding machine in college, and rebounding is usually one of the things that translates the best from college to the pros. Dude averaged 14 rebounds per 36 in college! he was a better defensive rebounder in college than Kevin Love that same year.

My all star ballot:

West
Steph
Harden
KD
Ant Davis
Boogie

East
Kyrie
Dipo
Kristaps
Giannis
Bron

I guess the only problem I have with your ballot is I'm not sure I can reconcile the Pellies having 2 starting all stars and the record they do. But you can't vote Kawhi for a frontcourt spot yet, he hasn't played enough.

The craziest thing to me about Beasley is the guy was a rebounding machine in college, and rebounding is usually one of the things that translates the best from college to the pros. Dude averaged 14 rebounds per 36 in college! he was a better defensive rebounder in college than Kevin Love that same year.

I guess the only problem I have with your ballot is I'm not sure I can reconcile the Pellies having 2 starting all stars and the record they do. But you can't vote Kawhi for a frontcourt spot yet, he hasn't played enough.

The only other front court player I thought of was Lamarcus. But I couldn't put him in over Ant.

The only other front court player I thought of was Lamarcus. But I couldn't put him in over Ant.

Yeah I was just scanning the rosters in my mind, was thinking LMA. You're probably right.

Do you think DMC should be in over Davis? My gut says Davis first, and if you were gonna keep it to one Pelican, he's the guy.

Yeah I was just scanning the rosters in my mind, was thinking LMA. You're probably right.

Do you think DMC should be in over Davis? My gut says Davis first, and if you were gonna keep it to one Pelican, he's the guy.

I would likely take Ant for the long term, but Boogie is having an insane year. So for this year, I think Boogie is above Ant in the pecking order.

I would likely take Ant for the long term, but Boogie is having an insane year. So for this year, I think Boogie is above Ant in the pecking order.

So I decided to look it up

Boogie: Cousins 26/12/5 with 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks, 5 turnovers per game, 58.2% true shooting
Ant: 25/10/2 with 2 blocks, 1 steal, only 2.1 turnovers, 64.5 (!) true shooting.
I read in a recent Lowe article when Boogie plays and Davis sits the Pelicans are allowing like 115 points per 100 (all year, they allow 110, which is 25th in the league).

Both dudes are all stars, if I had to pick one, I'm gonna go Davis.

You think New Orleans ends up keeping Boogie?

Boogie is a great player and a loser all at the same time. That guys’ antics are absolutely ridiculous. Complete malcontent and a-hole. There’s not a player out there who I’d like to play with less if I were a player.

So I decided to look it up

Boogie: Cousins 26/12/5 with 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks, 5 turnovers per game, 58.2% true shooting
Ant: 25/10/2 with 2 blocks, 1 steal, only 2.1 turnovers, 64.5 (!) true shooting.
I read in a recent Lowe article when Boogie plays and Davis sits the Pelicans are allowing like 115 points per 100 (all year, they allow 110, which is 25th in the league).

Both dudes are all stars, if I had to pick one, I'm gonna go Davis.

You think New Orleans ends up keeping Boogie?

I don't think you can keep both and I'd keep Ant if I had to choose.

I would be angling to trade Boogie and get a haul of draft picks in return.

I don't think you can keep both and I'd keep Ant if I had to choose.

I would be angling to trade Boogie and get a haul of draft picks in return.

I pray my Lakers are smart enough to avoid that guy. He’s poison IMO. Was hoping he’d mature by now, but I don’t see it.

It’s too bad. He’s an excellent player who can do so many things. Huge, strong, coordinated, hands, can shoot, footwork, can rebound, and pass, etc. But winning goes beyond that, and having to deal with that guy day in and day out over the long haul seems like it would be difficult and not worth it.

Edit: I also don’t really want Paul George. Ingram’s numbers aren’t far off from George’s right now. I think George has peaked, and Ingram is just scratching the surface and will be at least equal if not the better player within 2-3 years.

I pray my Lakers are smart enough to avoid that guy. He’s poison IMO. Was hoping he’d mature by now, but I don’t see it.

It’s too bad. He’s an excellent player who can do so many things. Huge, strong, coordinated, hands, can shoot, footwork, can rebound, and pass, etc. But winning goes beyond that, and having to deal with that guy day in and day out over the long haul seems like it would be difficult and not worth it.

Yeah. He has top 5 talent but you can't put up with him as an nba team.

He just doesn't give consistent effort on both ends on top of all the other stuff.

It's really too bad, like you said. When he's on, it's incredible.

What would you do if you were the Lakers? Think Bron is realistic?

Yeah. He has top 5 talent but you can't put up with him as an nba team.

He just doesn't give consistent effort on both ends on top of all the other stuff.

It's really too bad, like you said. When he's on, it's incredible.

What would you do if you were the Lakers? Think Bron is realistic?

No idea on Lebron, really.

I really like our young core and want to see them stay together and grow while adding a knockdown shooter at the 2, and a Center. Clint Capela is my dream acquisition.

Edit: I also don’t really want Paul George. Ingram’s numbers aren’t far off from George’s right now. I think George has peaked, and Ingram is just scratching the surface and will be at least equal if not the better player within 2-3 years.

Assuming Lebron is out of play, can't you just sign George and keep Ingram?

Assuming Lebron is out of play, can't you just sign George and keep Ingram?

True. I wonder if that’s the best usage of our money though...seems like they play or will play similar roles offensively as a SF who can also initiate the offense. And we’ve got Kuzma as another swing man and small ball 4 option. I worry that George cuts into their minutes/roles and stunts their growth a bit on that end.

Maybe though. Walton likes guys who can guard multiple positions so that they can switch almost everything defensively and George would be an outstanding fit on that end.

True. I wonder if that’s the best usage of our money though...seems like they play or will play similar roles offensively as a SF who can also initiate the offense. And we’ve got Kuzma as another swing man and small ball 4 option. I worry that George cuts into their minutes/roles and stunts their growth a bit on that end.

Maybe though. Walton likes guys who can guard multiple positions so that they can switch almost everything defensively and George would be an outstanding fit on that end.

Like I said, assuming Lebron is not in play, I think you gotta go with George. Could you play Kuzma/George/Ingram all together at once? Probably not. And I know you're excited about Ingram/Kuzma, and you should be, but George is 27 and a star. Seems very unlikely to me either guy will ever be as good as George is now. I think you get him and make it work.

Have a feeling Bron ends up in Houston. Just a gut hunch. If that happens I wonder if people complain about that move like people complained about Durant.

Have a feeling Bron ends up in Houston. Just a gut hunch. If that happens I wonder if people complain about that move like people complained about Durant.

I know I certainly will. Unless Melo ends up there too and gets a ring.

I know I certainly will. Unless Melo ends up there too and gets a ring.

It makes too much sense. Houston is the closest to the Warriors talent and strategically. Wade and Melo could come in and lead the second unit. D’Antoni seems to have figured out how to juggle multiple ball dominant players.

It makes too much sense. Houston is the closest to the Warriors talent and strategically. Wade and Melo could come in and lead the second unit. D’Antoni seems to have figured out how to juggle multiple ball dominant players.

The thing is, Melo would need to opt out of like $28 million and take what, the vet minimum? Nothing in his career to this point indicates he'd be willing to do that

The thing is, Melo would need to opt out of like $28 million and take what, the vet minimum? Nothing in his career to this point indicates he'd be willing to do that

True. Even without Melo I think this would be the best option if Lebron wants to win another championship. Way to early to be speculating. This is just my opinion after watching Houston play the first two months.

True. Even without Melo I think this would be the best option if Lebron wants to win another championship. Way to early to be speculating. This is just my opinion after watching Houston play the first two months.

I totally agree with that. Just not sure if Melo fits in. The Rockets offense right now is freaking ridiculous.

If he wants to stay in the east and away from the Warriors for as long as possible, (and I said this before) I'm gonna say Philly.

I totally agree with that. Just not sure if Melo fits in. The Rockets offense right now is freaking ridiculous.

If he wants to stay in the east and away from the Warriors for as long as possible, (and I said this before) I'm gonna say Philly.

Agreed on Houston. Unsure on Philly right now. I wonder how Simmons would fit in with that mix unless he somehow figured out how to shoot in the next 6 months.

Agreed on Houston. Unsure on Philly right now. I wonder how Simmons would fit in with that mix unless he somehow figured out how to shoot in the next 6 months.

The way I see it with Philly, you have a few things in it's favor.
1) Eastern conference. Like I said, stay away from the Warriors as long as possible.
2) They have so many assets/cap flexibility. If Lebron goes to Houston, they'll presumably need to max out him and CP3, I think they can keep Capela, but there might not be a lot around them. Obviously they'll find guys and they'll be really good, but Philly can max Lebron, and probably add another guy or two? I see your point on Simmons, but I think he's going to continue to improve.

Does having the Warriors -5 count as a great moment in gambling history?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom