NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Kareem?

Nope, he missed one early due to injury, and he wasn't even elected in like 78.

Here's a hint, the guy who started 13 years in a row, his career was only 13 years, so he started the as game every year of his career. (and no, not Magic Johnson)

Here's a hint, the guy who started 13 years in a row, his career was only 13 years, so he started the as game every year of his career. (and no, not Magic Johnson)

Larry Legend?

Jerry West?

What Era was he in?
Magic-Bird, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron Era?
Or somebody like Jojo White who just passed away RIP.

Debuted prior to 1970. That's as much as you're gonna get. For now...

The NBA needs to be careful that the fighting doesn't become a thing.

The NFL is weakening. The NBA has an opportunity. They don't need sentiment towards the players to run negative. Fighting could do that.

Thoughts on Cavs? Fireball Jr.
Seen this mid-season funk before, only difference this year is the division competition is tougher.

But in LeBron I trust. They've looked turrible recently, have had no consistent lineups, guys hurt, guys coming back. I'm semi-optimistic they're gonna right the ship -- they at least were way more competitive the last two games -- and expect Lue, LBJ, etc., to let Gilbert and the gm, Koby Altman, know they've got to go get help. JR's time may be up, I hope they keep Thompson. Shump can go any time, too. I read they may be going after Derrick Favors.

An issue for Gilbert and Altman is, they have no clue if LeBron's staying after this season, hence, their hesitancy to deal the Nets' lottery pick, their biggest asset. I don't think LeBron knows what he's gonna do next season, either, although I'm sure he has the scenarios all thought out. And I don't blame him for not tipping his hand: why should he?

I think if the Cavs end the season well and get another good piece or two, LBJ plays out his career in Ohio.

To answer your question, I think the Cavs start making their comeback tonight against a "patsy," Orlando, and again Saturday against OKC.

If not, c'est la vie. It's only a game.

Speaking of LeBron and records, he's about to hit an impressive mark: youngest ever to reach 30,000 points. Pretty fly for a pass-first guy: Cavaliers report: LeBron James willing to wait one more game for 30,000 career points so his children can witness the milestone
Obviously he benefits from playign so early, but yeah, he's pretty good.

He's about 8,000 points behind Kareem. He's good for about 1700-1800 per year, that's like 4.5 more seasons at this rate. Or, if he scores about 25 per game, that's another 320 games, again around 4.5 years or so. He's gonna get there, right? Going to be funny too, he's lead the league in scoring once and he's got a great chance of being the all time leading scorer in league history.

Durant is about exactly 10,000 points behind Lebron, wonder how close they end up.

Obviously he benefits from playign so early, but yeah, he's pretty good.

He's about 8,000 points behind Kareem. He's good for about 1700-1800 per year, that's like 4.5 more seasons at this rate. Or, if he scores about 25 per game, that's another 320 games, again around 4.5 years or so. He's gonna get there, right? Going to be funny too, he's lead the league in scoring once and he's got a great chance of being the all time leading scorer in league history.

Durant is about exactly 10,000 points behind Lebron, wonder how close they end up.

My favorite part of LeBron's game is his passing. No. 12 on the career list. NBA All-Time Assists Leaders - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Seen this mid-season funk before, only difference this year is the division competition is tougher.

But in LeBron I trust. They've looked turrible recently, have had no consistent lineups, guys hurt, guys coming back. I'm semi-optimistic they're gonna right the ship -- they at least were way more competitive the last two games -- and expect Lue, LBJ, etc., to let Gilbert and the gm, Koby Altman, know they've got to go get help. JR's time may be up, I hope they keep Thompson. Shump can go any time, too. I read they may be going after Derrick Favors.

An issue for Gilbert and Altman is, they have no clue if LeBron's staying after this season, hence, their hesitancy to deal the Nets' lottery pick, their biggest asset. I don't think LeBron knows what he's gonna do next season, either, although I'm sure he has the scenarios all thought out. And I don't blame him for not tipping his hand: why should he?

I think if the Cavs end the season well and get another good piece or two, LBJ plays out his career in Ohio.

To answer your question, I think the Cavs start making their comeback tonight against a "patsy," Orlando, and again Saturday against OKC.

If not, c'est la vie. It's only a game.
Living in Jazz country, I'd love to see Favors head to the Cavs. It might sound funny, but I wonder if there's a bigger deal to be had to also send Rubio. Maybe Favors/Rubio for IT/Shumpert/picks (not BK)/Osman? That could really shore up the defense for the Cavs, and give the Jazz some of the future flex they want.

Living in Jazz country, I'd love to see Favors head to the Cavs. It might sound funny, but I wonder if there's a bigger deal to be had to also send Rubio. Maybe Favors/Rubio for IT/Shumpert/picks (not BK)/Osman? That could really shore up the defense for the Cavs, and give the Jazz some of the future flex they want.
I really like Osman. He could add a "d" to the end of his name if he ends up in Mormon country.

Not sure there's substance to the Favors talk, but I'd like to see the Cavs keep Thompson.

Trade Rumor: Cavaliers Showing Interest in Derrick Favors

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom