NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I don't think they will ,but I mean, it's the Knicks.

Maybe this is just me, but is it totally going under the radar that Russ is nearly averaging a triple double again?

Yep, under the radar.

Cavs defense was actually so bad that it prevented George and Melo getting 40 points each...because they sat the bench the whole 4th quarter because they were up by so much.
I think Melo is beginning to embrace his role on this team. It's nice to see him get his points without getting beaten up and pounded on every night.

Has to be the first time he’s outplayed Steph in at least 5 years. Thought when he got his pocket picked at the end the Warriors would win. I like Houston, but still skeptical of a 7 gamer against GSW in May.

Wouldn’t it be something if we got Houston/Boston in the finals. Nobody saw that coming in October.

Currently pays 11-1

Currently pays 11-1
If Rockets could Anderson 19.2 million and Gordon 12.1 million off the books they could have cap space for LeBron.
Houston is the dark horse for LeBron James if he wants to leave Cleveland.

11-1 is pretty decent value. I still respect Cleveland but man that D isn’t getting better unless they make a move and it won’t beat the Eastern conference right now.

If Rockets could Anderson 19.2 million and Gordon 12.1 million off the books they could have cap space for LeBron.
Houston is the dark horse for LeBron James if he wants to leave Cleveland.

11-1 is pretty decent value. I still respect Cleveland but man that D isn’t getting better unless they make a move and it won’t beat the Eastern conference right now.

Zach Lowe was mentioning them a while back; considering Paul and Lebron are close, you have to think they would be in play. Like you said, if they can shed those contracts

Not that anyone cares with the NFL conference title games going, but the Knicks lost to the Lakers and really should be in tank-a-palooza at this point.
They won't be bad enough to tank properly because they won some games to start the season and the East is straight trash. Probably picking 9-12, draft another Ntilikina... awesome.

This team will never be good. Free Agents don't want to come to NY and we have Trey Burke playing over our Lottery Pick.

They won't be bad enough to tank properly because they won some games to start the season and the East is straight trash. Probably picking 9-12, draft another Ntilikina... awesome.

This team will never be good. Free Agents don't want to come to NY and we have Trey Burke playing over our Lottery Pick.

I was thinking maybe send Frank down for a week or two. If they want to let Burke play, there probably won't be a lot of minutes for him, and he needs to play more than anything else.

I like to mess around with a lot lineup combos and see how they play together, when Frank and KP play together (only 36% of Frank's minutes have come with KP on the floor, that doesn't seem very smart to me) the Knicks are a +12 per 100 possessions, with a defensive rating of 97.9. For some context, the Celtics lead the league with a defensive rating of 101.9. Granted, it's a limited number of minutes, but i don't think we should be surprised the Knicks play good defense when those 2 share the court.

Ok Knicks fans... do you want Kemba if it means trading away Ntilikina? I'm in Charlotte, and I'm hearing that the Hornets won't trade Kemba to NY unless Ntilikina, Hernangomez AND the first round pick come back in return. Of the bad Hornets contracts which one is more enticing to NY fans... Batum, Marvin Williams, Dwight Howard, or MKG?

Thoughts? I like Kemba, and people around these parts are not happy to hear his name being thrown around in trades. He's been nothing but a professional since landing in Charlotte. He's not a head case, he works hard, makes his teammates better, he's a leader, he's clutch, and a NY guy. What are you guys willing to give up to get Kemba, or would you prefer to stay on the course that you're on?

Ok Knicks fans... do you want Kemba if it means trading away Ntilikina? I'm in Charlotte, and I'm hearing that the Hornets won't trade Kemba to NY unless Ntilikina, Hernangomez AND the first round pick come back in return. Of the bad Hornets contracts which one is more enticing to NY fans... Batum, Marvin Williams, Dwight Howard, or MKG?

Thoughts? I like Kemba, and people around these parts are not happy to hear his name being thrown around in trades. He's been nothing but a professional since landing in Charlotte. He's not a head case, he works hard, makes his teammates better, he's a leader, he's clutch, and a NY guy. What are you guys willing to give up to get Kemba, or would you prefer to stay on the course that you're on?

Kemba is good, and the contract is great. But I think the Knicks need to stay the course here.

The Hornets aren’t getting a good pick and young player for Kemba.
There is a reason they want to trade him now.
The Hornets should be trying to get a pick and shed a bad contract.
The Knicks can’t be stupid enough to give up Frank and first round pick for Kemba.

The Hornets aren’t getting a good pick and young player for Kemba.
There is a reason they want to trade him now.
The Hornets should be trying to get a pick and shed a bad contract.
The Knicks can’t be stupid enough to give up Frank and first round pick for Kemba.

I agree with 3 of your 4 statements. Guess which is the one.

I agree with 3 of your 4 statements. Guess which is the one.
I actually think the Knicks are dumb enough. I'm torn because I grew up a Knicks fan, but have also grown to like the Hornets. I'd like to see a trade that would truly help both sides.

Can’t trade the pick. Frank, Wily and Noah to make the $$ work fine.

BTW: the NBA burying Knicks-Lakers yesterday against the NFL Championships was disgraceful.

Granted, both aren’t what they once were, but come on...

Can’t trade the pick. Frank, Wily and Noah to make the $$ work fine.

BTW: the NBA burying Knicks-Lakers yesterday against the NFL Championships was disgraceful.

Granted, both aren’t what they once were, but come on...

There's no way the Hornets are taking Noah back. They're trying to dump a bad contract, not add one.

There's no way the Hornets are taking Noah back. They're trying to dump a bad contract, not add one.
Yeah, but they want to get something for the 1 they have now that they want to dump.

Yeah, but they want to get something for the 1 they have now that they want to dump.

I dont think there's any chance they take Noah back. I think he's basically unmoveable. Why would you trade your best player and attach a bad contract to him if you're just getting one back? May as well keep Walker or just move him for the best package of players.

I guess maybe the Batum contract is worse? I dunno. He at least plays

KIDD HAS BEEN FIRED. THE DAY HAS COME. AND NOW, THE EASTERN CONFERENCE'S RECKONING MAY COMMENCE.

Is it true that Giannis disapproves? If so, it’s a mistake IMO. They’re not going anywhere yet until Parker is back and healthy(hopefully). Gotta keep Giannis happy.

Is it true that Giannis disapproves? If so, it’s a mistake IMO. They’re not going anywhere yet until Parker is back and healthy(hopefully). Gotta keep Giannis happy.
Giannis only knows Kidd as an upgrade over Larry Drew. He’ll be fine as long as the Bucks start winning games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom