NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Marcus Smart is killing the Celtics tonight.
Dumb turnover leads to a 3.

Jaylen Brown comes out after his best friend commits suicide and balls out.

Favorite player since Pierce.

Props to Kyrie, Horford and Rozier too. Morris played very hard too.

Bucks are quietly 4-0 since acquiring Bledsoe. His numbers have been ugly, but he's made a huge difference on this team already.

I'm going to have to take back all of my Celtics takes from the preseason.
They can’t be worse than Charles Barkley’s.
I am sure he is trolling for attention but he thinks Toronto is the 2nd best team in the East behind Cleveland.

They can’t be worse than Charles Barkley’s.
I am sure he is trolling for attention but he thinks Toronto is the 2nd best team in the East behind Cleveland.

Nah I thought they'd go under 55 wins and Kyrie would be exposed a little playing without Lebron.

Just remember, Chuck didn't think the Warriors could win a title because they were a jump shooting team.

Golden State had a bad game(some of it due to the Celtics), but it just reinforces the fact for me that Boston can beat the Cavs this year.
Celtics had an awful first half as well, to be fair.

Celtics had an awful first half as well, to be fair.

They didn't get the calls in the first half, and Kyrie's 3-pointers weren't falling.

The "block" Brown got on Klay was one of the worst no-calls. Even if they didn't want to call him for the very clear grab of Klay's arm, the ball was above the rim when Brown got there, so it should have at least been a goaltend.

They didn't get the calls in the first half, and Kyrie's 3-pointers weren't falling.

The "block" Brown got on Klay was one of the worst no-calls. Even if they didn't want to call him for the very clear grab of Klay's arm, the ball was above the rim when Brown got there, so it should have at least been a goaltend.
That was awful lol I’ve not seen a worse missed call, in basketball, in a very long time.

That’s fair. I didn’t think Durant fouled Kyrie at the end though. That seemed like he was slightly out of control. Kyrie and Curry both played pretty terrible. Brown and Horford were best players for the C’s last night.

That’s fair. I didn’t think Durant fouled Kyrie at the end though. That seemed like he was slightly out of control. Kyrie and Curry both played pretty terrible. Brown and Horford were best players for the C’s last night.
I thought Jaylen Brown was a terrible pick. He looks like after Simmons a stud player.
Brown looks way better than Ingram.
It just shows how awful college coaching truly is.

Curry I think was hurt but the Warriors had all their guys and their halfcourt offense was off.
Celtics weren’t much better Kyrie was bad till the 4th and Marcus Smart was the worst offensive player but still was a +15 on the court.

I still think beating LeBron 4 times of 7 will be hard but it’s more likely than I thought.

Agreed. Durant didn't get him. But if you saw the overhead replay of that play, Draymond comes around and clocks Kyrie right in the face during the shot. I think that's what they called, but the telecast team was so awful they had no clue.

By the way, I don't know what Area 21 is, but I never want to see that again. I hate taking time away from the game like that. So flippin' annoying.

What a bleeping gutsy team.
God I love the Celtics team.
So good defensively.
Tatum had his worst game.
Smart killed them.

Brown showed a lot.
Kyrie was the closer.
I love the C's as well. I wonder what their record would be if Hayward didn't go down. Certainly, it has given more developmental PT for Brown and Tatum. Smart needs to learn how to shoot consistently. Hope all the players can hold out for the season with no more injuries, esp Kyrie and Al.

I love the C's as well. I wonder what their record would be if Hayward didn't go down. Certainly, it has given more developmental PT for Brown and Tatum. Smart needs to learn how to shoot consistently. Hope all the players can hold out for the season with no more injuries, esp Kyrie and Al.
I think they have the same record with Hayward.
Hayward would just help the bench scoring.
If Hayward was healthy Tatum or Morris go to the bench and give scoring help with the second unit.
Hayward’s injury has allowed Tatum the high minutes he has gotten.

Al will be fine. He got an elbow and concussion. Kyrie is more worrisome but as long as it isn’t a major injury Rosier and Smart can fill in for a game or 2.

Which player has more potential Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum?
I was discussing this today.
I think Tatum is the safer bet but Brown has more upside.
Meaning Tatum has a lower bottom but not as high a ceiling.

Brown’s comp for me is Jimmy Butler most likely
worst case Jason Richardson
best case Kwahi Leonard

Tatum’s comp for me is Danny Granger
Worst case Harrison Barnes
Best case Paul Pierce

I thought Jaylen Brown was a terrible pick. He looks like after Simmons a stud player.
Brown looks way better than Ingram.
It just shows how awful college coaching truly is.

Curry I think was hurt but the Warriors had all their guys and their halfcourt offense was off.
Celtics weren’t much better Kyrie was bad till the 4th and Marcus Smart was the worst offensive player but still was a +15 on the court.

I still think beating LeBron 4 times of 7 will be hard but it’s more likely than I thought.

My LBJ fandom since his junior year of high school aside, I'm jacked to see legit competition in the East.

I've enjoyed seeing LeBron go back to Ohio and take the Cavs to levels they'd never seen in their lifetime and likely will never see again once LeBron retires or heads to Houson or LA next year, but I have been an NBA fan since I fell in love with Wilt as a yute and I love seeing competition, not just walkovers. I think it's great that a storied franchise with LBJ's ex-running mate on it in a great Northeastern town is rising again.

The East is more competitive, but I still think the Cavs, despite their rough going early, is the team to beat in the East because of LeBron. Isaiah will be back soon, I hope by the time the Cavs play in Boston Jan, 3, and that could/should make quite a difference. Getting Thompson and, yes even, Rose back will help.

I'm also expecting the new wunderkind gm to bust a move and possibly make a deal mid-season.

My point is, mazel tov, Celts fans, enjoy, but we're barely a month into the season, it's a marathon, not a sprint. It's a long, long time from May to December -- and just as long a team from mid-November to mid-April, when the playoffs begin, and mid-May, when the conference finals start.

I and $200 I bet with some dudes in Costa Rica are on the Cavs winning it all. In the King I trust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom