NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Zach Lowe did a pretty good write-up on his awards ballot today.

I really do think Simmons is a no brainer, it's not a knock on Mitchell, but Simmons is also a very good defender, I think when you add that in, it tips the scales pretty clearly in his favor. It's bad timing for Mitchell though, it sucks that he's not goign to win it and Malcolm Brogdon, for instance, won last year.

Gobert I think I agree on. Lowe has some real good stats in his piece. Would recommend it, if you haven't already read it.
Mitchell's a good defender too, he's just smaller than Simmons and isn't asked to be as versatile on that end.

Mitchell's a good defender too, he's just smaller than Simmons and isn't asked to be as versatile on that end.

Fair, but "he's a good defender, but smaller and less versatile than Simmons" kinda makes it sound like simmons is better on defense, which is all I was trying to say.

I'm not trying to knock the guy, he's been fantastic. i just think Simmons has been clearly better. But I also think Simmons is going to end up being one of the great players in league history.

Fwiw, (maybe not much), real plus minus has Simmons as the 4th best defensive PG in the league, and Mitchell 28th at SG.

It's just so amazing to me that the NBA pushed Hinke out of Philly. He knew what he was doing and looks like a genius now, which I always though. Mcw was exactly what he was and overvalued and he ended up turning MCW into Embiid I believe or whomever the Lakers pick would've been. Amazing.

Hot take, watch LeBron go to Philly, if he did they turn into a better team than Golden State imo.

It's just so amazing to me that the NBA pushed Hinke out of Philly. He knew what he was doing and looks like a genius now, which I always though. Mcw was exactly what he was and overvalued and he ended up turning MCW into Embiid I believe or whomever the Lakers pick would've been. Amazing.

Hot take, watch LeBron go to Philly, if he did they turn into a better team than Golden State imo.

lebron and Ben simmons together is not a good fit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom