NBA 2018-2019 | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

So sounds like Vogel is in as the Los Angeles LeBrons head coach, and Kidd will be an assistant.

Which is ideal for when inevitably they hit a skid, LeBron plays his passive aggressive media games, they fire Vogel and promote Kidd, because they had the answer sitting next to the head man all along.

So sounds like Vogel is in as the Los Angeles LeBrons head coach, and Kidd will be an assistant.

Which is ideal for when inevitably they hit a skid, LeBron plays his passive aggressive media games, they fire Vogel and promote Kidd, because they had the answer sitting next to the head man all along.
D6UmE9HW0AMnvhJ

Lakers need to land a top player. Won’t matter who the coach is. Vogel, Kidd, Lue - if no one comes this summer, it’s going to get really bad.

There isn't enough money in the galaxy for me to take that job.

Lakers need to land a top player. Won’t matter who the coach is. Vogel, Kidd, Lue - if no one comes this summer, it’s going to get really bad.
I really think it's going to be Kyrie.

why not just hire Kidd instead? that's where this ends up anyway. this is like those races where some guy goes out and establishes a pace and then bows out. only in this case, the pace will be bunch of losses.

Yeah I feel like there's a really obvious thing I'm missing, because if they want Kidd in a high profile asst role so bad, why not just make him the top guy?

Kidd is also a guy who is known for always wanting more power, so I'm sure this'll go well

Yeah I feel like there's a really obvious thing I'm missing, because if they want Kidd in a high profile asst role so bad, why not just make him the top guy?

Kidd is also a guy who is known for always wanting more power, so I'm sure this'll go well

From the outside, it appears an obvious setup to a coaching controversy down the road. Which is beyond weird.

I’m at a loss for what they’re trying to accomplish...

From the outside, it appears an obvious setup to a coaching controversy down the road. Which is beyond weird.

I’m at a loss for what they’re trying to accomplish...

Kidd's their guy for the long term. But next year isn't going to be pretty for the Lakers regardless of the coach, and they don't want Kidd to take the fall for that. Vogel is just a shock absorber. IMHO.

Kidd for player development of the young guys, especially Zo. Vogel for the strategy and in game.

It’s also probably a hedge like people are discussing in this thread for the next coach if they start slow.

Personally, I don’t think this is going to end well. If they don’t get a big FA or just end up with one guy like Kyrie or Butler, I don’t think that’s going to get it done.

I’ve said this before, but organizational competency matters in any industry. The stuff with AD, Magic, Lue, etc. there is no sign the Lakers can’t get to where they need to. Not anything that isn’t widely known.

Anyone have a preference of who they want to see against GSW (Den/PDX)?

Would GSW run Jokic off the floor if they played in a series?

Anyone have a preference of who they want to see against GSW (Den/PDX)?

Would GSW run Jokic off the floor if they played in a series?
Portland is a tougher matchup for Golden State if Durant is out.
Denver is the better team though.
Harris/Murray though would scare me whereas Dame/McCollum wouldn’t scare me.
Dokic/Millsap would eat up the Warriors front line though.

Portland is a tougher matchup for Golden State if Durant is out.
Denver is the better team though.
Harris/Murray though would scare me whereas Dame/McCollum wouldn’t scare me.
Dokic/Millsap would eat up the Warriors front line though.

Do you think that Millsap and Jokic could really both be on the court for extended periods?

I’m wary of that (and both guys are obviously great on o). Just feel like Steph could cook those guys putting them into PnR.

Denver would be more fun I think.

Plus, the possibility of the small market Finals matchup is awesome.

CJ is putting on a show. Feel bad for Dame...he’s played a great floor game, but can’t make a shot. I hope he gets going in the 4th.

The amount of dumb fouls 50-90 feet from the basket in this game blows my mind.

Guys turning the ball over and then going psycho to get the ball back and fouling the guy because they’re embarrassed like insecure, impulsive middle schoolers.

Was really hoping to see Denver win this one. I'm not sure Golden State - Portland will be competitive. Oh well. Great game from McCollum.