NBA 2018-2019 | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

The Raptors fanbase is incredible.

Well, basketball has taken off tremendously here, driven in large part by the success of the Raptors. So consider it's one team that has an entire country behind them.

Also the Leafs got the punt early, and the Jays are in major suckage mode. :D

It’s kind of like the Blue Jays when they were on a slight run. It’s good but for Toronto that happens with any sport not named hockey.

Joey Bats famous home run and bat flip was one of my favorite moments because of how crazy that crowd came across.

I actually was in Toronto watching my Dodgers a few years ago, and while we weren’t doing anything obnoxious we certainly were rooting hard and the whole sections around us were very aware of us. Toronto hit a go ahead homer in the 8th and the place was going nuts. Everybody with me bolted up the aisle and into the concourse as soon as that ball went over the fence. I was left to take the brunt of the Toronto fans. It was all in good fun though, but man with the noise in that place after that homer and everyone around me wanting to get their 2 cents in towards me...it was quite an experience, lol.

Well, basketball has taken off tremendously here, driven in large part by the success of the Raptors. So consider it's one team that has an entire country behind them.

Also the Leafs got the punt early, and the Jays are in major suckage mode. :D

The Toronto fanbase was incredible, before Canada followed. It's not like the rest of Canada is at the games.

And I am not saying this as a Toronto lover. Like many Canadians I have a love hate relationship with the City.

Joey Bats famous home run and bat flip was one of my favorite moments because of how crazy that crowd came across.

I actually was in Toronto watching my Dodgers a few years ago, and while we weren’t doing anything obnoxious we certainly were rooting hard and the whole sections around us were very aware of us. Toronto hit a go ahead homer in the 8th and the place was going nuts. Everybody with me bolted up the aisle and into the concourse as soon as that ball went over the fence. I was left to take the brunt of the Toronto fans. It was all in good fun though, but man with the noise in that place after that homer and everyone around me wanting to get their 2 cents in towards me...it was quite an experience, lol.

Best bat flip ever.

I was told by many NBA experts on TV / radio that The Raptors game 3 win was a mirage. Amazing how often "experts" are completely wrong yet expect us to take their NEXT prediction seriously.

I was told by many NBA experts on TV / radio that The Raptors game 3 win was a mirage. Amazing how often "experts" are completely wrong yet expect us to take their NEXT prediction seriously.

I'm no expert or anything, but I have to say, I was really surprised about how last night's game went. Pleasantly so though, since we get at least 2 more games now before the finals. Could've been looking at a super long break with no games

He's a clown.

Yapping at the Bucks on the way off the floor. Giving them some motivation going back to Milwaukee.

He did the same in Game 3 and -checks notes- it didn't seem to motivate Milwaukee last night.

It's kinda silly considering Toronto has now outplayed Milwaukee for roughly 75-80% of the series.

The Toronto fanbase was incredible, before Canada followed. It's not like the rest of Canada is at the games.

And I am not saying this as a Toronto lover. Like many Canadians I have a love hate relationship with the City.
Blue Jays game at Seattle are insanely pro-Blue Jay crowds nowadays.
I was in Seattle 2 years ago and the Blue Jays had to have more fans at the ballpark than Mariners. Must be all those Western Canadian fans chance to see their team.

It feels like for baseball and basketball the Toronto franchise is more national and then hockey it’s more local.
Just my observation south of the border.

The 2003 draft class is Darko away from doing that.
They had LeBron/Melo/Bosh/Wade and then the 7th overall pick Kirk Henrich.

The article also mentions the last time the top five picks were all first-team rookie honorees was in 1984-85 -- a class consisting of Hakeem Olajuwon, Sam Bowie, Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins and Charles Barkley
Sam Bowie pre-injury was a player. Gets sh-- on for no reason

two days now of los angeles talk radio calls are still running heavily against magic

this is not to say that they are pro-jeannie or pro-rob; they are not

but magic does not seem to have sentiment on his side, either.

Yea I think Magic gave Lakers fans and the Laker front office a universal place to point the blame on why things looked to be so dysfunctional. Very well could be right and my guess is that will be how they address any of those concerns with free agents this summer.

Yea I think Magic gave Lakers fans and the Laker front office a universal place to point the blame on why things looked to be so dysfunctional. Very well could be right and my guess is that will be how they address any of those concerns with free agents this summer.
Magic getting the blame is laughable.
LeBron didn’t meet with Jeanie and Pelinka during the early of FA it was Magic.
Lakers fans are pissed because Magic left but he isn’t the problem.

Pelinka didn’t close LeBron but let’s blame Magic because Pelinka was two facing him behind his back and Magic didn’t want to deal with it.

Magic getting the blame is laughable.
LeBron didn’t meet with Jeanie and Pelinka during the early of FA it was Magic.
Lakers fans are pissed because Magic left but he isn’t the problem.

I agree with you that Magic wasn't the problem but more just part of the bigger problem. I'm just saying that my guess is that's how they'll spin it because they have to think of something to counter the public image the organization has right now leading up to what is such a huge summer for them. And him resigning via impromptu press conference right before a game without telling anyone beforehand and then his interview this week help aid the narrative if that's the direction they want to go in.

I agree with you that Magic wasn't the problem but more just part of the bigger problem. I'm just saying that my guess is that's how they'll spin it because they have to think of something to counter the public image the organization has right now leading up to what is such a huge summer for them. And him resigning via impromptu press conference right before a game without telling anyone beforehand and then his interview this week help aid the narrative if that's the direction they want to go in.
Pelinka and Jeanie want Magic to be the fall guy to excuse their stupidity/inaction.
Magic wasn’t the GM he was the team President. Team President’s delegate responsibilities they don’t have to be working 12 hour days.

The only thing Magic did wrong was he didn’t tell Jeanie in private the problems with Pelinka when they went to dinner weeks ago and he went on ESPN the exact day they were announcing the new coach.
However Magic doesn’t owe Jeanie telling her Pelinka was a snake/two faced he didn’t want to deal with the politics of the job.

Magic didn’t leave the organization screwed. They didn’t make the playoffs this year because LeBron got hurt and missed 17 games.
He didn’t tie up cap space. He signed veterans to one year deals.
Why does Magic get the blame and not Pelinka for letting Julius Randle and Brook Lopez go?
Pelinka owns more of this mess than the spin coming out.
Jeanie didn’t give Magic the power to fire Luke Walton.
Magic was getting credit for his direction last year from Ramona.

Now he screwed the team according to her when he did no such thing. The owner is allowing dysfunction and the GM is two facing Magic. I know you aren’t blaming him but Lakers fans should realize the problem isn’t Magic but because they are fans of the team he gets the blame when he leaves the team.
Jeanie and Pelinka are the problems. Other agents hate Pelinka and Jeanie doesn’t make her own decisions she asks everyone to be involved and then goes with that.

Pelinka and Jeanie want Magic to be the fall guy to excuse their stupidity/inaction.
Magic wasn’t the GM he was the team President. Team President’s delegate responsibilities they don’t have to be working 12 hour days.

The only thing Magic did wrong was he didn’t tell Jeanie in private the problems with Pelinka when they went to dinner weeks ago and he went on ESPN the exact day they were announcing the new coach.
However Magic doesn’t owe Jeanie telling her Pelinka was a snake/two faced he didn’t want to deal with the politics of the job.

Magic didn’t leave the organization screwed. They didn’t make the playoffs this year because LeBron got hurt and missed 17 games.
He didn’t tie up cap space. He signed veterans to one year deals.
Why does Magic get the blame and not Pelinka for letting Julius Randle and Brook Lopez go?
Pelinka owns more of this mess than the spin coming out.
Jeanie didn’t give Magic the power to fire Luke Walton.
Magic was getting credit for his direction last year from Ramona.

Now he screwed the team according to her when he did no such thing. The owner is allowing dysfunction and the GM is two facing Magic. I know you aren’t blaming him but Lakers fans should realize the problem isn’t Magic but because they are fans of the team he gets the blame when he leaves the team.
Jeanie and Pelinka are the problems. Other agents hate Pelinka and Jeanie doesn’t make her own decisions she asks everyone to be involved and then goes with that.

I think Jeannie is in over her head and doesn't really know what she's doing.

They have LeBron, good young pieces, the number 4 pick in the draft, tons of cap space, are in one of if not the most alluring markets in the league, are one of if not the most storied franchises in the league and it looks like she's probably going to mess it up somehow.

I think Jeannie is in over her head and doesn't really know what she's doing.

They have LeBron, good young pieces, the number 4 pick in the draft, tons of cap space, are in one of if not the most alluring markets in the league, are one of if not the most storied franchises in the league and it looks like she's probably going to mess it up somehow.
Once Magic quit she should have blown out Pelinka. Hired a Donnie Walsh type executive think Masai Ujiri or Bob Myers given them complete control of basketball operations. Enjoy being the owner of the freaking Lakers and that executive would get the job done likely because of what you outlined.

Instead they aren’t replacing Magic and giving Pelinka the power because he will keep her and her posse part of basketball operations and basically they have to hope LeBron’s agent gets Anthony Davis to them and one of Kyrie/Butler/Kemba/Middleton want to play in LA.

I am shocked Bledsoe was first team all-defense.
D7MKWN4WsAcMrTh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom