NBA 2018-2019 | Page 163 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I don't know, but he mentioned retirement multiple times in the Portland series. Sounds like a guy that is just beat up. Either way people acting like the Warriors are just going to disappear really make no sense to me. They are incredibly undervaluing Curry.

I haven't heard anyone say they'll disappear but I think it's a safe bet to say they'll take a huge step back next year without Klay and Durant.

Curry is obviously an incredible talent and top 3-5 player in the world but his life is going to be much, much harder without defenses having to also worry about Klay and Durant.

I said he was terrible in the playoffs - which I can quite easily back up with lots of statistics that he was downright awful for about 10-15 games in a row at the time I posted. If I remember correctly you didn't even know he played in the playoffs last year...so let's calm ourselves down about your incredibly vast knowledge/expertise in assessing VanVleet. I actually live here, watch Toronto...you quote ESPN fan-o-meters. Ugh.

Good try. Guy struggles for 2 weeks and is a bum yet ends up with a Finals MVP vote.

I haven't heard anyone say they'll disappear but I think it's a safe bet to say they'll take a huge step back next year without Klay and Durant.

Curry is obviously an incredible talent and top 3-5 player in the world but his life is going to be much, much harder without defenses having to also worry about Klay and Durant.

I will bet Klay is back by at worst the All Star break next year. ACL's aren't what they used to be. That's 8 months.

I think they sign Looney and Klay and let Draymond go. He is diminishing returns - I know he had a triple double - but sometimes numbers lie.

Is the Toronto GM a free agent now too? That may be bigger re-sign than Leonard

I don't know if they can afford to let Dray go. He is pretty elite defensively with how spot on his rotations are and how he can switch out and just be a monster in the trap game. And is a great rebounder on top of that.

Then offensively, he kills teams when they try to trap Curry off a screen and he catches it on the roll attacking a 4 on 3 situation. He pretty much always makes the right pass. I mean just look at the Portland series and how he dominated on both ends and meanwhile when Lillard would get trapped he'd pass to the Portland screener who was usually a non-threat with the ball.

I don’t think the Warriors are a lock to offer both of them max deals.
That Durant would be 42.4 million and Klay Thompson would be 39 million.

With luxury tax repeat offender status next year would cost the Warriors 160 million for those 2 alone to not play one minute.

Printing money with the new arena. Think season ticket holders had to give them what was essentially an interest free $70k loan or something insane like that. The thing I would be most concerned about is whether or not they can still attract as many ring chasers that are capable of contributing while taking the mid-level or vet minimum. Those kind of guys are going to be vital next year.

Printing money with the new arena. Think season ticket holders had to give them what was essentially an interest free $70k loan or something insane like that. The thing I would be most concerned about is whether or not they can still attract as many ring chasers that are capable of contributing while taking the mid-level or vet minimum. Those kind of guys are going to be vital next year.

All they really need is 3 and D guys around Curry. It would help their offense immensely. Too many times in the playoffs they were playing in a packed paint.

I will bet Klay is back by at worst the All Star break next year. ACL's aren't what they used to be. That's 8 months.

I don't think that's happening but I think he should be to get a dozen games over the last month of the reg season and be back up to around 90% by the playoffs. Kind of like what they did with Boogie this year.

Hard to say -- depends entirely upon the extent of the tear. A full tear [which seems unlikely, given how he was running / jumping in the locker room when he left the floor] would necessitate a lengthier rehab process.

All they really need is 3 and D guys around Curry. It would help their offense immensely. Too many times in the playoffs they were playing in a packed paint.

Problem being that those guys are the most valuable guys in the league currently with every team in need of them. From a quick glance at guys in their 30s that are UFA, I'd say they could grab a few out of Bazemore, Carroll, both Chandlers, Deng, Gibson, J.Green, Matthews, Noah, Sefolosha. It's not ideal and those dudes would all need to play only like 25 mins a night but I imagine that's where they will be doing their shopping.

Durant is done for next year as an Achilles is a 12 month injury.

Thompson is out 6-9 months best case scenario and even if it’s on the 6 month and I doubt it will be an ACL tear takes 20 months to become fully at the same strength as it was before the tear. The other ligaments around the ACL can pick up some of the shock absorbing but they need 20 months to be what you were that is why guys coming off their 2nd year in fantasy football are good values.

I understand what you are saying about the Warriors paying the luxury tax but resigning those guys would cost the Warriors 1.6 billion dollars the next four years. Paying that if those guys didn’t get hurt is an obvious decision but these guys with major injuries that is a lot of money to not be the favorite.
Playoff revenue with home games makes up revenue but the Warriors without Klay/Durant next year are not the best team in the West.
They have to resign Looney who is a FA.
Cousins is a FA and he isn’t taking the MLE next year.

The roster didn’t have depth as it was.
They won’t get ring chasers with just Steph and Green. Plus Green next year will be gunning for DPOY or 3rd team all-NBA to try and force a Supermax which he wouldn’t get but would want.

Warriors aren’t the favorite for the West now.
I go
1 Rockets
2. Clippers assuming they Kawhi or Butler
3. Warriors
4. Lakers assuming they get Anthony Davis

ACL tears heal in 6-9 months. He just won’t have the ligament 100% it takes time for it to get back to where it was while you are still healthy enough to play.

Thompson is out 6-9 months best case scenario and even if it’s on the 6 month and I doubt it will be an ACL tear takes 20 months to become fully at the same strength as it was before the tear. The other ligaments around the ACL can pick up some of the shock absorbing but they need 20 months to be what you were that is why guys coming off their 2nd year in fantasy football are good values.

I understand what you are saying about the Warriors paying the luxury tax but resigning those guys would cost the Warriors 1.6 billion dollars the next four years. Paying that if those guys didn’t get hurt is an obvious decision but these guys with major injuries that is a lot of money to not be the favorite.
Playoff revenue with home games makes up revenue but the Warriors without Klay/Durant next year are not the best team in the West.

They won’t get ring chasers with just Steph and Green. Plus Green next year will be gunning for DPOY or 3rd team all-NBA to try and force a Supermax which he wouldn’t get but would want.

I go
1 Rockets
3. Warriors
That's a sketchy top 4.

Two orgs that appear really dysfunctional right now, one dealing with injuries eating their cap, and one banking on adding a big fish otherwise the roster might be limited.

I go
1 Rockets
3. Warriors

Counterpoint. They don't care about the regular season anymore as we have seen over the past few years. There only goal will be to get a top 4 seed and have both guys ready to go in April/May. Ring chasers will still likely come to join that party. Klay should be absolutely fine come Spring as that stroke doesn't rely on extreme athleticism. Durant who knows, still just as likely that isn't around as everyone thought a week ago.

ACL tears heal in 6-9 months. He just won’t have the ligament 100% it takes time for it to get back to where it was while you are still healthy enough to play.

This is the old timeline. I'd like one of our board docs to chime in, but guys have been coming back sooner and sooner. ACL is not an achilles injury.

So other than the Gasol brothers, are there any other siblings with NBA titles?

Counterpoint. They don't care about the regular season anymore as we have seen over the past few years. There only goal will be to get a top 4 seed and have both guys ready to go in April/May. Ring chasers will still likely come to join that party. Klay should be absolutely fine come Spring as that stroke doesn't rely on extreme athleticism. Durant who knows, still just as likely that isn't around as everyone thought a week ago.
Reasonable and pretty plausible.

This is the old timeline. I'd like one of our board docs to chime in, but guys have been coming back sooner and sooner. ACL is not an achilles injury.
An ACL year isn’t a 12 month injury but it does take 6-9 months depending on how hard you rehab.
As said above when you come back the ACL takes an additional year to be what it was before. So he could play 6-9 months it just would take more time to get the rust off.

I think they sign Looney and Klay and let Draymond go. He is diminishing returns - I know he had a triple double - but sometimes numbers lie.

Is the Toronto GM a free agent now too? That may be bigger re-sign than Leonard
He has two years left I believe, but Washington is hoping they can convince him to come work for them/convince Toronto to let him leave.

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I hope free agency is a dud and Kawhi stays in Toronto and KD/Klay both stay in San Fran. The hot stove has been worn out for me.

Agreed. The talking heads who are paid to talk, have to find things to talk about in the off season.

I go
1 Rockets
3. Warriors

In terms of odds right now, I might put Denver ahead of Golden State and definitely ahead of the Clippers.

This will all change a ton once we hit July though.

Good try. Guy struggles for 2 weeks and is a bum yet ends up with a Finals MVP vote.

I don't really get you.

He sucked in 10-15 straight playoff games over multiple seasons - over 4 series. I know your ESPN graphs don't tell you that as it's a measurement for the whole season - or that he played in the playoffs last year, so you don't know that he did obviously (because you thought he was hurt), but if you watch games, you'd know.

I mean, it's great you have bookmarks and can easily access web pages to have super-informed opinions. You're the awe of everyone who hasn't discovered the internet yet.

Truly. I applaud you and your top-notch detective skills. FWIW, I mean that. Also, guys judging people on in-game reactions days later, they're always the best! I mean, it's really, really hard to do that. You should head over to some game threads from last year and just dominate those tooooo! People will be super-impressed!

You're the same guy who called me out for editing a post two hours later...and you want to come back on this a month later? lololol…..that's kinda sad. Well, you're kinda sad.

Windhorst is saying the Pelicans are using the Lakers to get more from Boston.

I don’t get anything anymore.

If the Lakers dont get AD and after the Warriors fell apart due to injury, Lebron will really regret leaving Cleveland. May have cost himself a title this year.

I don't really get you.

He sucked in 10-15 straight playoff games over multiple seasons - over 4 series. I know your ESPN graphs don't tell you that as it's a measurement for the whole season - or that he played in the playoffs last year, so you don't know that he did obviously (because you thought he was hurt), but if you watch games, you'd know.

I mean, it's great you have bookmarks and can easily access web pages to have super-informed opinions. You're the awe of everyone who hasn't discovered the internet yet.

Truly. I applaud you and your top-notch detective skills. FWIW, I mean that. Also, guys judging people on in-game reactions days later, they're always the best! I mean, it's really, really hard to do that. You should head over to some game threads from last year and just dominate those tooooo! People will be super-impressed!

You're the same guy who called me out for editing a post two hours later...and you want to come back on this a month later? lololol…..that's kinda sad. Well, you're kinda sad.

Ha.

Danny has had a hard on about AD for like 3 years and collected assets with pretty much a singular goal of grabbing him if he ever became available. Basically his only shot at having an elite team next year and possibly into the future if that's enough to get Kyrie to stick around. Think the Klay/KD injuries even encourage him more as the Warriors stranglehold on the league just loosened up a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom