NBA 2018-2019 | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Danny has had a hard on about AD for like 3 years and collected assets with pretty much a singular goal of grabbing him if he ever became available. Basically his only shot at having an elite team next year and possibly into the future if that's enough to get Kyrie to stick around. Think the Klay/KD injuries even encourage him more as the Warriors stranglehold on the league just loosened up a lot.
If Danny is going to go stupid and trades for Anthony Davis.
He should talk to Durant and see he would interested in playing for Boston after he returns and give Golden State Gordon Heyward and let Durant rehab.

Sell that to Kyrie and maybe AD become interested in staying.
However it’s all stupid at this point if Danny deals Tatum for Davis.

If Danny trades Heyward for Mike Conley ugh.

Conley, Anthony Davis, Horford isn’t winning a championship.
The Celtics offer for AD is Tatum, Smart, Theis, 14, 20, and Memphis pick.

That is garbage.

He should talk to Durant and see he would interested in playing for Boston after he returns and give Golden State Gordon Heyward and let Durant rehab.

I don't see why Golden State would do that and take the Heyward contract. You take on the huge luxury tax bill if it means you can keep KD and/or Klay on board but you don't pay that luxury tax for Heyward.

Pre-Klay injury I thought AD would end up in LA but now I think a surprise team emerges and takes a shot on a one year rental and tries to replicate the Raptors success.

Also, do we know what deals Ainge wouldn't do for Kawhi a year ago? I can't remember but that looks like a big missed opportunity when you see Toronto didn't have to give all that much up.

I don't know if they can afford to let Dray go. He is pretty elite defensively with how spot on his rotations are and how he can switch out and just be a monster in the trap game. And is a great rebounder on top of that.

Then offensively, he kills teams when they try to trap Curry off a screen and he catches it on the roll attacking a 4 on 3 situation. He pretty much always makes the right pass. I mean just look at the Portland series and how he dominated on both ends and meanwhile when Lillard would get trapped he'd pass to the Portland screener who was usually a non-threat with the ball.
AGree to disagree - 8 turnovers last night. He's a guy with lots of miles and has shown he can't always stay in shape. He also could not stop Pascal when isolated. He is going to want a lot of cash

It's not stupid if you think that Tatum has a destiny as a 1 dimensional, high volume, middle of the road efficiency scorer which is certainly in play.

That is garbage.

If Ainge gets rid of Hayward, Brown and Tatum you have no wing shooting. Incredibly dumb.

AGree to disagree - 8 turnovers last night. He's a guy with lots of miles and has shown he can't always stay in shape. He also could not stop Pascal when isolated. He is going to want a lot of cash

Any contract for him that goes beyond 2022 will be a real disaster.

I don't see why Golden State would do that and take the Heyward contract. You take on the huge luxury tax bill if it means you can keep KD and/or Klay on board but you don't pay that luxury tax for Heyward.

Pre-Klay injury I thought AD would end up in LA but now I think a surprise team emerges and takes a shot on a one year rental and tries to replicate the Raptors success.

Also, do we know what deals Ainge wouldn't do for Kawhi a year ago? I can't remember but that looks like a big missed opportunity when you see Toronto didn't have to give all that much up.
Gordon Heyward is going to be good next year.
By the end of the year he was healthy and back closer to his Utah form.
He was rusty part of the reason I don’t want to deal him is I expect a great year from him.
Golden State will need scoring next year and Heyward could give that to them if they did what I said which won’t happen.

He was exposed a bit in the finals. Not the shooter he was a couple of years ago either. The turnovers last night really killed them.

If Ainge gets rid of Hayward, Brown and Tatum you have no wing shooting. Incredibly dumb.
Ainge hasn’t put Brown and Tatum in the offers.
So all 3 wouldn’t be gone.

Windhorst is saying the Pelicans are using the Lakers to get more from Boston.

I don’t get anything anymore.

Fascinating. I thought for sure it was the exact opposite lol

He was rusty part of the reason I don’t want to deal him is I expect a great year from him.
Golden State will need scoring next year and Heyward could give that to them if they did what I said which won’t happen.

I agree with this 100%, I look for Heyward to really take a big step forward next year, It's a 2 year deal with how badly he was hurt.

I think Hayward is probably mostly healed by the time next season rolls around, but the bolded is leaving out the part that he looked absolutely atrocious against Milwaukee.

I'm rooting for Boston to get AD just so Rich Paul can be put in his place.

I think Hayward is probably mostly healed by the time next season rolls around, but the bolded is leaving out the part that he looked absolutely atrocious against Milwaukee.
The whole team minus Horford was atrocious against Milwaukee and that was because Kyrie was in me first mode and sucked.
Milwaukee put George Hill on Kyrie and the team folded.

That is garbage.
Forget Anthony Davis, let Kyrie walk and beg Kemba to come.

We’re knocking on the door of organizational issues. Kyrie being Kyrie and Ainge Lakering our young talent for free agents who aren’t all the interested to stay is becoming incredibly concerning.

We’re knocking on the door of organizational issues. Kyrie being Kyrie and Ainge Lakering our young talent for free agents who aren’t all the interested to stay is becoming incredibly concerning.
The Celtics do not have the cap space to sign Kemba.
They could re-sign Kyrie because you can go over the cap to re-sign your own players.

If they trade for Anthony Davis Danny Ainge either knows Kyrie is resigning or he’s going to trade for Mike Conley.

If Boston lets Kyrie, Rozier, and Morris walk and then convinces Baynes and Horford to both pass on their player options and let them walk as well, then Boston can afford to offer Kemba significantly less money than all of his other suitors will. Best of luck.

The Celtics do not have the cap space to sign Kemba.
They could re-sign Kyrie because you can go over the cap to re-sign your own players.

If they trade for Anthony Davis Danny Ainge either knows Kyrie is resigning or he’s going to trade for Mike Conley.

Mike Conley..

After all the posturing and “building of the war chest”.. Mike Conley.

I truly hope that, whatever happens, we retain Horford and don’t give up brown or tatum. What a disappointing year. Renting Davis won’t have the kawhi toronto effect imo.

Ha.

You wanna be a ****, be a ****. You don't have to use my comments a day after they're made during a game thread to pat yourself on the back for whatever you're hoping to accomplish.

Just write posts to yourself saying how smart you are. No need for collateral damage.

Mike Conley..

After all the posturing and “building of the war chest”.. Mike Conley.

I truly hope that, whatever happens, we retain Horford and don’t give up brown or tatum. What a disappointing year. Renting Davis won’t have the kawhi toronto effect imo.

Conley will be 32 at the start of next season, but to be fair, he was playing at an All-NBA level this year. Probably still a downgrade talent wise from Kyrie, but he might be a better fit with the rest of the roster (then again, who knows what the roster even looks like if Boston swings the Davis trade).

If Boston lets Kyrie, Rozier, and Morris walk and then convinces Baynes and Horford to both pass on their player options and let them walk as well, then Boston can afford to offer Kemba significantly less money than all of his other suitors will. Best of luck.
Baynes already entered into his player option. So he is back at 5.9 million.

Yea I'll probably end up being wrong on this.

Saw someone say, and I think it makes a lot of sense, that GS should just cut their losses and try to flip Dray and Iggy now for assets and try to rebuild for 20-21 and on. They aren't winning a championship next year and if you keep those two around you'll be paying a ton of money in 19-20 to not really be a contender then will probably watch both walk in 2020 for nothing or have to pay Draymond a huge contract.

If you try and flip those two this summer then it lets you save money this season, hopefully get a decent draft pick next June and collect some young assets to try and make a second run after this season with Steph and Klay and maybe Durant if he sticks around which I doubt. Flip them for additional flexibility before it's too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom