NBA 2018-2019 | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

After what the Pelicans just got for AD, Giannis would command three starters, five first round picks and first born children.

Seriously though, if there is a legit rift in Houston, I can see CP3 “asking” for a trade as Morey is trying to ship him out.

Towns is a solid guess.

Kyrie six months into anywhere he goes.

Low key could see CJ asking out early in Portland since he’s out into every trade rumor.

There's been talk already that Paul may have asked out. Did anyone read that ESPN story from yesterday on te Rockets? God, CP must be so annoying to deal with.

I wouldn't consider Paul for this thought experiment too. Too old, and probably has fallen off a bit.

There's been talk already that Paul may have asked out. Did anyone read that ESPN story from yesterday on te Rockets? God, CP must be so annoying to deal with.

I wouldn't consider Paul for this thought experiment too. Too old, and probably has fallen off a bit.

Paul's contract is brutal as well. Who the hell will want him at that price. Aging, annoying small PG who can't stay healthy at 40 mil a year. No thanks

Last edited:

Owner sounds like a dink too. You can tell that Morey must get calls from the owner just whining about costs, etc!!! Cut back on the buses!! Guy has D bag written all over him

You could totally be right about Illysova; Stein was very vague in his tweet (below)

"Draft compensation" could mean a second rounder or whatever. Or they could more be looking to move Snell. Etc

I would guess it's a situation where they can't get anyone to take Snell, so they're resigned to the idea of trading Ilyasova instead. I really want him to stay though; his charge-drawing ability is huge (guy plays like 15ish minutes a game and still leads the league every year) and he's just one of those guys that will do all the little things. I definitely have a soft spot for him considering he's been with the Bucks at like 4 different times in the past 15 years, but he's a legitimately solid role player and if we're going to lose Mirotic and or Brook anyways, we need to replace those minutes and getting rid of Ersan would just make that even tougher.

Beal seems like another good choice to eventually ask out, though he's said he's happy in Washington to this point. Another season of serious struggles might be enough to get him to crack though (and he might get traded even without asking for it).

Beal seems like another good choice to eventually ask out, though he's said he's happy in Washington to this point. Another season of serious struggles might be enough to get him to crack though (and he might get traded even without asking for it).
Beal is my new Knicks target - I like his game a lot.

Beal is my new Knicks target - I like his game a lot.

He's one of those guys that's a good fit on almost any team.

If the Knicks still want to try the "Sign two max guys and trade for a 3rd star" approach, I think Beal's salary is just low enough that they could make him that 3rd guy.

Can the Clips get a second max player?
Yes. They can. Clippers have 53 million in cap space right now.
They can fit 2 max players.
They wanted Durant and Leonard.
That won’t hapen but they could get Leonard and compete for those 15 million dollar second tier FAs.

There's a lot of smoke around the Knicks going after Julius Randle now...
I feel for Knick fans. There has to be a way to eminent domain that franchise from James Dolan.

I would guess it's a situation where they can't get anyone to take Snell, so they're resigned to the idea of trading Ilyasova instead. I really want him to stay though; his charge-drawing ability is huge (guy plays like 15ish minutes a game and still leads the league every year) and he's just one of those guys that will do all the little things. I definitely have a soft spot for him considering he's been with the Bucks at like 4 different times in the past 15 years, but he's a legitimately solid role player and if we're going to lose Mirotic and or Brook anyways, we need to replace those minutes and getting rid of Ersan would just make that even tougher.

I was stunned during the finals to see that he draws more than Lowry.

Sure seems like his teammates hate playing with him wherever he goes.

Knicks would be better off waiting for Durant to sign a 5 year deal before blowing their cap space on Randle types.
Durant could easily opt-in.

Knicks would be better off waiting for Durant to sign a 5 year deal before blowing their cap space on Randle types.
Durant could easily opt-in.

Woj already said that was the last scenario Durant would take. I may be in the minority here, but Durant with a blown Achilles is worth less to the Knicks than the Warriors. I don’t want to have a hobbled version of him with now help when he moves into his mid 30’s.

Yes. They can. Clippers have 53 million in cap space right now.
They can fit 2 max players.
They wanted Durant and Leonard.
That won’t hapen but they could get Leonard and compete for those 15 million dollar second tier FAs.
I think it will be Leonard and Butler.

Supposedly the Twolves are shopping Wiggins. Can’t imagine they succeed in getting much for him.

If I were New Orleans I offer Jrue Holiday to Phoenix for the 6th pick.
Try to get Zion, Garland and one of Cullver/Hunter in this draft.
Let those 3 develop together.

If I were New Orleans I offer Jrue Holiday to Phoenix for the 6th pick.
Try to get Zion, Garland and one of Cullver/Hunter in this draft.
Let those 3 develop together.
I think the NO organization has a lot of respect for Jrue, and would value his veteran leadership and ability to mentor young players over having a bunch of young bucks all grow together at once.

I think the NO organization has a lot of respect for Jrue, and would value his veteran leadership and ability to mentor young players over having a bunch of young bucks all grow together at once.
The Pelicans could be the OKC Thunder 2009 if they bring in 3 young studs together.

Holiday is good but he is the piece Phoenix needs. He is 29 years old by the time Zion is developed he is old.
Sell him why while you can.

Owner sounds like a dink too. You can tell that Morey must get calls from the owner just whining about costs, etc!!! Cut back on the buses!! Guy has D bag written all over him

Image result for rachel phelps major league coddling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom