NBA 2018-2019 | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I wonder if the Clippers or Lakers would offer Al Horford 4 years 80 million.
I don’t see him leaving Boston for anything short of a contender offering 4 years.

Can't see the Lakers possibly being that dumb. Though anything is possible, they really have to spend everything they possibly have on wings/guards since they have none.

Oh no they won't get much at all if they can find a taker.

Went searching for what a Wiggins deal could look like and saw 2 interesting proposals:

Wiggins/Covington/#11 for Blake Griffin

Wiggins/Saric/#11/2021 protected 1st for DeRozan

Both at least made me think for a minute from both sides.

Jrue Holiday is better than Marcus Smart if they were the same age.
Smart is a defender who shoots too much.
Holiday can be a top 10 PG.
His age is why NO should try and deal him for value IMO. Him being 29 means he won’t be in his prime when these kids develop.

Jrue Holiday prefers to play off ball (2G) and that is where Gentry wants him in his system he will always cover the best guard out there and Ball will be the PG. Pels need shooting and rim protector. Gentry loves Ball. ( I am not sold on him but who knows) Gentry loves the backcourt as it sits now.

I could see them drafting the kid from Texas but they would take Barrett in a heartbeat IMO if he does drop to 4. Reddish maybe if they trade down?

Like I said, I think the Pelicans want to put a decent product on the court next year and not just reset

Last edited:
Jrue Holiday prefers to play off ball (2G) and that is where Gentry wants him in his system he will always cover the best guard out there and Ball will be the PG. Pels need shooting and rim protector. Gentry loves Ball. ( I am not sold on him but who knows) Gentry loves the backcourt as it sits now.

I could see them drafting the kid from Texas but they would take Barrett in a heartbeat IMO if he does drop to 4. Reddish maybe if they trade down?
I think the Pelicans trade the 4th pick for somebody to take Garland.
They want Hunter IMO.

After listening to the Woj podcast on Bol Bol a team with multiple first round picks is going to take him.
He has top 5 talent but Woj is saying teams don’t think he can stay healthy.

I would take him at 14 but at worst 20 the second first round pick for Boston.

Yahoo is reporting things are unsalvageable with CP3 in Houston.
That contract is almost impossible to trade to a contender.

Like Gordon Heyward for Chris Paul is about the best I could see.

If I had to stand and watch Harden dribble in place for 8 seconds on every single possession, I’d want out too.
I actually think Paul is the issue right now in this one.
Harden is the better player right now and he is a high usage rate guy but Chris Paul chose Houston.

Paul took the money last offseason he could have left if he hated Harden.

I wonder if the Clippers or Lakers would offer Al Horford 4 years 80 million.
I don’t see him leaving Boston for anything short of a contender offering 4 years.
Clippers don’t really need him.

Caesars posted a unique proposition on whether a team from California will win the 2019-20 NBA championship. That includes the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, and Kings (Yes +175). The other 26 teams represent the "No" (-210).

Caesars posted a unique proposition on whether a team from California will win the 2019-20 NBA championship. That includes the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, and Kings (Yes +175). The other 26 teams represent the "No" (-210).

I don’t see it.

I’d give top teams that have been together like Philly and Milwaukee a better shot...depending on what Philly does this summer.

I think Denver is kinda flying under the radar too.

Yahoo is reporting things are unsalvageable with CP3 in Houston.
Which is funny, because Morey was on Dan Patrick this morning saying everything is just fine.

Not sure what to think about Harrison Barnes turning down his $25m option. Definitely not going to beat that on AAV in a longer deal so I'd think he would have been better off opting in and then signing a similar deal next summer that he will now. I guess maybe there's a level of comfort that I'll never understand in being able to just lock in 3 years for $50-55m and not having to worry about it.

I get what you're saying, and I was thinking the same thing, but it's also easier for me or you to say that when there are no consequences if we're wrong. Harrison Barnes just saw Durant and Klay get serious injuries right before they hit free agency. The same thing happened to Boogie last year. Whats the market for Barnes like if he blows his ACL next March?

I don’t see it.

I’d give top teams that have been together like Philly and Milwaukee a better shot...depending on what Philly does this summer.

I think Denver is kinda flying under the radar too.
The California team is likely getting to the Finals so it’s actually good value IMO.
The team from the East is Milwaukee or Philadelphia. So +175 to get Golden State and the two LA teams isn’t bad at all.

If I had to stand and watch Harden dribble in place for 8 seconds on every single possession, I’d want out too.

Which is funny, because in this situation, I just think Paul is pissed he's not the one dribbling the ball for 8 seconds!

I said it yesterday, I think Paul is probably the most annoying teammate possible. Everything you read about the guy just makes me think he would be so frustrating to play with.

Which is funny, because in this situation, I just think Paul is pissed he's not the one dribbling the ball for 8 seconds!

I said it yesterday, I think Paul is probably the most annoying teammate possible. Everything you read about the guy just makes me think he would be so frustrating to play with.

I hear you on his personality(from what I can tell), but I think he’s one of the best with the ball as far as scoring, getting guys the ball, knack for making the right play. Harden is certainly very effective, it’s just an uglier game than the one Paul plays IMO.

Looks like Paul is clearly on the downside now though. Their best shot was last year when Paul was still elite.

The California team is likely getting to the Finals so it’s actually good value IMO.
The team from the East is Milwaukee or Philadelphia. So +175 to get Golden State and the two LA teams isn’t bad at all.

Sac and GSW aren’t making the Finals. Better value in just putting $ on Lakers at +300 and Clippers at +700 (Westgate odds).

If GSW resigns Klay and Durant shouldn’t they trade Draymond before the deadline next year?

Hot take: the Clippers with Kawhi are just the 20 years later version of Doc’s overachieving Orlando team when they added TMac.(Grant too, but he basically didn’t play)

Last edited:
Sac and GSW aren’t making the Finals. Better value in just putting $ on Lakers at +300 and Clippers at +700 (Westgate odds).

If GSW resigns Klay and Durant shouldn’t they trade Draymond before the deadline next year?
Klay will be back for the playoffs next year.
As long as Golden State wins enough games to make the playoffs I wouldn’t count them out in the April thru June.

I hear you on his personality(from what I can tell), but I think he’s one of the best with the ball as far as scoring, getting guys the ball, knack for making the right play. Harden is certainly very effective, it’s just an uglier game than the one Paul plays IMO.

Looks like Paul is clearly on the downside now though. Their best shot was last year when Paul was still elite.

Paul is one of the best PG ever, he's amazing, not trying to knock his play. (Though I do agree he's lost a step or two). Just personality wise, like you said.

It's going to be so hard to find a trade partner. Maybe him to Boston I guess?

I threw that out as a possible hot take. I don't hate the idea. Though if Klay is back in the playoffs, that team could make some noise.

Klay will be back for the playoffs next year.
As long as Golden State wins enough games to make the playoffs I wouldn’t count them out in the April thru June.

I think next year is a punt for GSW. Don’t rush Klay back. Unload Draymond for some picks and a young inexpensive prospect. Knicks, Nets, Celtics, idk.

I just saw CP3 to the Lakers and trending and went.

Looks like Horford is going to the Mavs for a 4 year 80 million deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom