NBA 2018-2019 | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Supposedly the Twolves are shopping Wiggins. Can’t imagine they succeed in getting much for him.

He's a negative asset everywhere outside of maybe Toronto if both Masai & Kawhi were to leave. Wonder if any of the teams with max space would take him for free if they whiff. Seems exactly like a Knicks move.

The Pelicans could be the OKC Thunder 2009 if they bring in 3 young studs together.
I'm going to propose that there's zero chance that with the 1st, 4th and 6th picks in the 2019 NBA draft you can get 3 future MVP candidates, check that, winners.

KNICKS WORKING OUT GARLAND.

If RJ falls to NO at #4... I mean, I know he was a bit underwhelming at Duke, but come on.
That tells me trade could be in the works.
Pelicans could offer something with 4 to move up to 3 or the Hawks could be offering 8 and 10.
Not sure Garland would get to 8 though.

I'm going to propose that there's zero chance that with the 1st, 4th and 6th picks in the 2019 NBA draft you can get 3 future MVP candidates, check that, winners.
If I am NO I would rather have the 6th pick over Holiday.

Jrue Holiday is good but they should try to deal him if they can get a top 10 pick.

If I am NO I would rather have the 6th pick over Holiday.

Jrue Holiday is good but they should try to deal him if they can get a top 10 pick.

Not in this draft. Holiday is what you hope that Marcus Smart could ever be but isn't and I wouldn't give him up for 6 in this draft either.

Not in this draft. Holiday is what you hope that Marcus Smart could ever be but isn't and I wouldn't give him up for 6 in this draft either.

I would be shocked if the Pels trade Jrue at all and certainly won't be for the 6th pick. Just don't see it unless they are 100% building towards the future. I think the Pelicans are tryng to get Capella.

The Pels fans love Jrue Holiday as well. Jrue is one of the best two way guards in the league, IMO. I think they want to see Ball and Jrue in the same backcourt

I think they could package the 4th pick and Brandon I for something but it's really such a crap shoot in this draft after the 3rd pick

good offensive game, really bad defender but would be a knicks type signing

He was developing into a decent defender at the C position in his last year with the Lakers.

I think his fit with whoever he ends up with will be key there.

Jrue Holiday is better than Marcus Smart if they were the same age.
Smart is a defender who shoots too much.
Holiday can be a top 10 PG.
His age is why NO should try and deal him for value IMO. Him being 29 means he won’t be in his prime when these kids develop.

His age is why NO should try and deal him for value IMO. Him being 29 means he won’t be in his prime when these kids develop.

Holiday has been better than Smart every day that Smart has been on earth and will continue to be until maybe 2022. The only way that deal would ever make sense is if they were able to use the $20m in cap space created to obtain more assets or sign a significant contributor in addition to using #6. The picks in this draft just aren't worth anything beyond maybe 4 as Garland seems to be the only guy that may have separated himself after the big 3.

SMH. I don’t think I even got a quarter of a way through that article. That thing just kept going on and on. That guy really thinks he’s saying something too.

I've heard Silver talk about it how unhappy a lot of the players seem on multiple occasions. Not sure what the answer to it is but obviously the draft isn't going anywhere. Article really isn't anymore useless than all of the nonsense rumors that are all over the place right now.

I think you're way overrating having a bunch of young guys together from the same draft and way underrating the importance of having a guiding hand on and off the floor with them.

Chit like this is why NBA media outside of Sham/Woj are really annoying.
Without reading the article, if this is a source of unhappiness, it would seem we would see similar unhappiness in every sport that has a draft.

SMH. I don’t think I even got a quarter of a way through that article. That thing just kept going on and on. That guy really thinks he’s saying something too.
Seriously. IYou know what else would probably help with the players' happiness and mental health? A shorter regular season. But that costs the league money, so it is not an option.

Not sure what to think about Harrison Barnes turning down his $25m option. Definitely not going to beat that on AAV in a longer deal so I'd think he would have been better off opting in and then signing a similar deal next summer that he will now. I guess maybe there's a level of comfort that I'll never understand in being able to just lock in 3 years for $50-55m and not having to worry about it.

I wonder if the Clippers or Lakers would offer Al Horford 4 years 80 million.
I don’t see him leaving Boston for anything short of a contender offering 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom