NBA 2018-2019 | Page 177 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Boston offered Horford 3 year 51 million dollar extension.
Horford wanted 4 years in 18-20 million per year range.

He is getting an extra 50 million so can’t blame him. I wouldn’t give him a 4 year deal at that age when he is a good player but not great.
I agree but he was one of the most admirable post-pierce era players.

Boston offered Horford 3 year 51 million dollar extension.
Horford wanted 4 years in 18-20 million per year range.
That’s crazy. Can’t blame Boston one bit. Horford is already slowing down, IMO he has two decent years left and then that’s it.

My guess for a deal is this.

Celtics, Rockets, and Timberwolves.
Andrew Wiggins to HOU, Chris Paul to BOS, and Gordon Hayward to MIN

I'd poop my pants if this was even remotely realistic. Not sure who says no.

All I know is that the Celtics went from loaded for the future to irrelevant faster than Magic went from smiling at press conferences to First Take.

That’s crazy. Can’t blame Boston one bit. Horford is already slowing down, IMO he has two decent years left and then that’s it.
Dallas, Brooklyn or Milwaukee are the teams in on Horford.
If the Bucks get the space they would be a smart pick but I don’t know if they will get in the 18-20 million range for 4 years he is looking for.

I don’t see it.

I’d give top teams that have been together like Philly and Milwaukee a better shot...depending on what Philly does this summer.

I think Denver is kinda flying under the radar too.
If the Clips get Leonard and Butler, that’s as complete of a team as you’re going to find.

He is a good bench depth piece . Crawford is probably the greatest 6th man in NBA history.
Crawford scored 50 in a game last year. He can still play.
Lakers need vet minimum guys.
John Havlicek says excuse me

Dallas, Brooklyn or Milwaukee are the teams in on Horford.
If the Bucks get the space they would be a smart pick but I don’t know if they will get in the 18-20 million range for 4 years he is looking for.

He’s not worth what Milwaukee would need to sacrifice to have that kind of cap space and it sounds like he’s gonna get even more than that. Really hope we aren’t the team.

I just can't see Houston going for Wiggins.

I'd poop my pants if this was even remotely realistic. Not sure who says no.

All I know is that the Celtics went from loaded for the future to irrelevant faster than Magic went from smiling at press conferences to First Take.
I know people on this board love him but the genius of Danny Ainge's plan still is eluding me.

I know Hayward was hurt, but why would Boston want an aging more expensive Paul?

Also Boston might want to keep Hayward considering they can't find anyone who seems to want to play there. Trading him exacerbates that IMO.

Not a good year for Ainge.

I know people on this board love him but the genius of Danny Ainge's plan still is eluding me.
Ainge screwed up last year with Kawhi but beyond that he has done a great job.
The plan just fell apart because Kyrie is a little crazy and killed the team chemistry this year and he chose his right to leave.
Horford leaving isn’t a problem.
He is a good 3rd player but not at that money.
Ainge is a great trader and he did bring in Horford as a FA 3 years ago and it’s not his fault Heyward broke his leg.

Celtics still have talent and while they aren’t a championship contender they aren’t garbage. They 19 milllion in cap space right now and if Morris/Rozier don’t resign that cap space goes up.

I don't think Ainge is really anything special, but there is a path to recovery here. They're at like $20-25 mil in cap space if they do this right and can just continue building around Tatum and Jaylen.

lol to the reports the Nets are the team for Horford. There is no chance Horford is signing where Kyrie goes.

Horford hated the drama that Kyrie created this year. No way Horford is going to Brooklyn. Dallas, Milwaukee or Los Angeles.

Would definitely put us in luxury tax hell and I don't think our owners will go for it, but hypothetically I think this works cap-wise:

1. Waive George Hill
2. Renounce cap holds to Mirotic and Brook
3. Trade Ersan to someone for free
4. Attach #30 and or DiVincenzo/DJ Wilson to trade Snell

Depending on what's attached in #3, that opens up around $25-30 million in cap space for the Bucks.

5. Sign Horford (or any other big free agent around $20-30 million per year)
6. Sign Middleton for like 5/$150 million
7. Sign Brogdon for like 4/$70-80 million

Again, I don't expect our owners to actually be willing to pay that kind of tax bill, but it's theoretically possible for us to make a big splash this offseason while keeping almost all of our players.

Would definitely put us in luxury tax hell and I don't think our owners will go for it, but hypothetically I think this works cap-wise:

1. Waive George Hill
2. Renounce cap holds to Mirotic and Brook
3. Trade Ersan to someone for free
4. Attach #30 and or DiVincenzo/DJ Wilson to trade Snell

Depending on what's attached in #3, that opens up around $25-30 million in cap space for the Bucks.

5. Sign Horford (or any other big free agent around $20-30 million per year)
6. Sign Middleton for like 5/$150 million
7. Sign Brogdon for like 4/$70-80 million

Again, I don't expect our owners to actually be willing to pay that kind of tax bill, but it's theoretically possible for us to make a big splash this offseason while keeping almost all of our players.
Horford to the Bucks is an upgrade from Lopez.
Horford can shoot well and his defense is where his value truly comes.
His offense isn’t worthy of 25+ million but he is basically the Eastern conference version of Draymond Green minus the annoying/ borderline dirty antics.

George Hill is a guy I would be all over if I were a contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom