NBA 2018-2019 | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I personally don’t want to trade Heyward because of what you said.
Everything else I agree with you.
There is no doubt Kyrie stunted Brown last year. Kyrie hated Brown and the veteran of the Boston beat Steve Bullipet is saying Kyrie treated Brown and Tatum like LeBron treated Kyrie in Cleveland and those guys hated him.
The Kyrie and Tatum relationship wasn’t as close as it was perceived.

Ainge was just obsessed with Davis and if Kyrie didn’t make it obvious he wants out the Celtics would have traded for Davis. Kyrie killed that.
Well,there is Kyrie's agent saying he won't sign with Boston that screwed things up as well.

Sneaky good as in winning 25 games? I don't know if there are 3 worse rosters in the league.
I want the Grizzlies to suck next year but the roster is young and talented.

They are going to resign Valanciunas and Jackson was good.

Resident Utah guy here - I think with this deal Utah can also pick up Favors option, so a Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Favors/Gobert starting 5 is really strong. That's a plus player at every position.

Bench is limited. Really only Exum, who always gets hurt, and Royce O'Neal as known quantities. Would seem like a great destination for a 2nd round pick to make an impact, I wonder if they try to buy some draft picks. Really curious what else they can do in free agency, because they don't have a lot of money to give, and they need some bench.

Personally this sucks, because I got tix to Utah summer league for me and my little guy and we won't have a new 1st round pick to watch for. On the other hand, that Utah summer league might be a pretty competitive roster for guys angling for jobs.

Would take Rondo rather than ever see Kyrie in green ever again.

I want the Grizzlies to suck next year but the roster is young and talented.

They are going to resign Valanciunas and Jackson was good.

Memphis Grizzlies Roster | ESPN

That roster is not talented. They have 1 guy that is an average NBA starter in Jackson and he's still only 19. Add in Morant who will be terribly inefficient next year as a rookie PG transitioning from a weak conference and I don't see a way that pick conveys unless they get skipped by a minimum of 3 teams. Cleveland, Charlotte(If Kemba bolts) and maybe the Knicks if they strike out are the only teams in the realm of that bad.

Memphis Grizzlies Roster | ESPN

That roster is not talented. They have 1 guy that is an average NBA starter in Jackson and he's still only 19. Add in Morant who will be terribly inefficient next year as a rookie PG transitioning from a weak conference and I don't see a way that pick conveys unless they get skipped by a minimum of 3 teams. Cleveland, Charlotte(If Kemba bolts) and maybe the Knicks if they strike out are the only teams in the realm of that bad.
I agree - I guess the future picks is attractive but their re-build has a way to go.

I think it’s Dallas as if Horford goes to the other two he isnt getting paid.

Horford would be scary good with Lebron and AD in the pick and roll if the Lakers could afford to add either D Green or Reddick as well...which it seems they most definitely cannot

If the celtics trade Brown for any pick that doesnt get them Barrett or Morant..

Horford would be scary good with Lebron and AD in the pick and roll if the Lakers could afford to add either D Green or Reddick as well...which it seems they most definitely cannot
If Horford goes to the Lakers he is ring chasing and the offer from the Celtics was fine.
3 years 51 million isn’t a bad starter they could have upped it to 3-60.

Boston media is saying Brown for Holiday and the 4th pick is being discussed.
No thanks.
Browns upside is too great. I’d want Barrett, Ja or no dice

Boston media is saying Brown for Holiday and the 4th pick is being discussed.
No thanks.

I have a hard time believing Brown would return you both Holiday and the 4th pick. If it does Ainge should definitely pull the trigger.

Haberstroh thinks the Knicks could pass on Barrett for Garland as the Knicks don’t like Barrett’s shooting percentages.

I have a hard time believing Brown would return you both Holiday and the 4th pick. If it does Ainge should definitely pull the trigger.

Interesting, I don't think Pels trade the 4th if they think they can get Barrett and it seems there may be small chance. And unless Holiday has requested out of NOLA, I don't see them trading him but who knows.

Resident Utah guy here - I think with this deal Utah can also pick up Favors option, so a Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Favors/Gobert starting 5 is really strong. That's a plus player at every position.

Bench is limited. Really only Exum, who always gets hurt, and Royce O'Neal as known quantities. Would seem like a great destination for a 2nd round pick to make an impact, I wonder if they try to buy some draft picks. Really curious what else they can do in free agency, because they don't have a lot of money to give, and they need some bench.

Personally this sucks, because I got tix to Utah summer league for me and my little guy and we won't have a new 1st round pick to watch for. On the other hand, that Utah summer league might be a pretty competitive roster for guys angling for jobs.
It's a great trade, especially if Conley extends when his contract expires. I received an email today at 1:15 eastern time, less than an hour after the trade was announced, to buy season tickets. Too bad I live 2000 miles away.

No kidding. The Boston folks have such an elevated value of their players that it's absurd. If they can get Garland/Culver AND Jrue for just Brown then it would have already happened. Better chance that Brown ends up the worst player involved in that trade then the best.

Haberstroh thinks the Knicks could pass on Barrett for Garland as the Knicks don’t like Barrett’s shooting percentages.

In 2 years Garland may emerge as the best player in this draft. Will be interesting to see what the Knicks do but I have little confidence in their brain trust when it comes to scouting and identifying talent.

Brown is 22 years old and ready to pop. Bill Simmons in his book said he always looks at players age 24 for their breakout season.

Brown is way better than Holiday and one of these guys after the top 3.

I would be pissed if Ainge traded Brown for those 2.

No kidding. The Boston folks have such an elevated value of their players that it's absurd. If they can get Garland/Culver AND Jrue for just Brown then it would have already happened. Better chance that Brown ends up the worst player involved in that trade then the best.

and again, I think Gentry loves the Holiday/ Lonzo backcourt

Brown is better than Holiday.
Culver/Hunter are going to take 3 years to be Brown. I would be pissed if they dealt Brown now.

He is a 2 way player who has been really underused.
Celtics need to build around Brown and Tatum.

Brown is 22 years old and ready to pop. Bill Simmons in his book said he always looks at players age 24 for their breakout season.

Brown is way better than Holiday and one of these guys after the top 3.

I would be pissed if Ainge traded Brown for those 2.

Brown is not way better than Holiday. Holiday is way better than Brown right now; this isn't even a debatable point. Holiday put up more points, far more assists, and roughly the same number of rebounds while scoring with better efficiency and playing All-Defense level defense.

I like Jaylen Brown a lot and he might become a better player at some point, but there's no reasonable way to argue that he's a better player today than Jrue is. Whether or not he has more trade value than Holiday is a more reasonable debate, but if he has more trade value, which I would tend to doubt, it certainly isn't so much so that Holiday + the #4 pick is an easy no from Boston.

Brown is better than Holiday.

Maybe at pouting or being younger but he's certainly not better at basketball currently. Jrue is superior offensively and defensively. Jrue averaged 21 pts, 7.7 asts and 5 boards a game while being an all-defense guy for the 2nd straight year. It's even more laughable if you compare WS or PER or any advanced metric. Most folks don't watch Pelicans games ever so have no clue.

Brown is not way better than Holiday. Holiday is way better than Brown right now; this isn't even a debatable point. Holiday put up more points, far more assists, and roughly the same number of rebounds while scoring with better efficiency and playing All-Defense level defense.

I like Jaylen Brown a lot and he might become a better player at some point, but there's no reasonable way to argue that he's a better player today than Jrue is. Whether or not he has more trade value than Holiday is a more reasonable debate, but if he has more trade value, which I would tend to doubt, it certainly isn't so much so that Holiday + the #4 pick is an easy no from Boston.

The ceiling for Brown is what? To become a 20ppg while playing elite D and being able to stretch the floor more like year 2 then year 3. Holiday is literally that while also averaging nearly 8 assists per game. Folks get blinded by promise and miss what is already happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom