NBA 2018-2019 | Page 181 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I don't know, I think if you can get Kemba, you should go for it. He's really good, and the $ for the role players probably won't go that far. Maybe you can get 2 guys who can help though.
JJ Redick and Danny Green or Kemba Walker?

I guess the Lakers are going to end up with Kyle Korver and pretty much every ring chaser.

If true, Pelinka should just admit he’s in over his head and resign.

There’s just absolutely no way an NBA GM can screw something like that up, if that is in fact what happened.

If Anthony Davis waives his trade kicker everyone is going to say LeBron and Klutch are going to pay him that money in Space Jam 2 cameo fee.
His agent will say he should get that cameo anyway.

the lakers should be a sitcom. since the two jerry's exited, the team has been run like wkrp in cincinatti
Kind of amazing that the Clippers are now the well-run organization and the Lakers are inept.

The Lakers have two stars in search of a supporting cast, while the Clippers have the supporting cast in search of two stars.

Yup, I would prob take the Warriors out, but I think you gotta have Portland in there, and I'm half expecting the Clippers to land Kawhi and something else good.

And if the Warriors make the playoffs and get Klay back...
Curry will get the Warriors to the playoffs.

He's going to average like 35 next season.

They will be a scary 7th/8th seed if Thompson is healthy by the end of the regular season.

My god Jon Horst did it. Snell + 30 to Detroit for Jon Leuer. Milwaukee can have anywhere from $14-26 million in cap space depending on what they do from here. Could make a big splash while keeping Middleton/Brogdon or just bring everybody including Brook back now.

My god Jon Horst did it. Snell + 30 to Detroit for Jon Leuer. Milwaukee can have anywhere from $14-26 million in cap space depending on what they do from here. Could make a big splash while keeping Middleton/Brogdon or just bring everybody including Brook back now.
Horford to Milwaukee 4 years 100 million.

If true, Pelinka should just admit he’s in over his head and resign.

There’s just absolutely no way an NBA GM can screw something like that up, if that is in fact what happened.

I don't remember the details on this, but Zach Lowe mentioned recently that at one point this front office offered someone an extension that they weren't eligible for, so, it's believable.

Would be kind of fun to see the Warriors just turn Steph loose like that

JJ Redick and Danny Green or Kemba Walker?

I guess the Lakers are going to end up with Kyle Korver and pretty much every ring chaser.

I'm not sure you could get both those guys for the same money as Kemba, but it's probably close enough. I think I would go Kemba? He's an all star (in the east at least) type player. Then again, I'm not sure I trust his Laker staff to fill out the rest of the roster

I hope that’s not it but we’ll see. Gotta waive Leuer and trade Ilyasova still to get there, but I’d rather just keep Brook than give Horford that contract.

I'm not sure you could get both those guys for the same money as Kemba, but it's probably close enough. I think I would go Kemba? He's an all star (in the east at least) type player. Then again, I'm not sure I trust his Laker staff to fill out the rest of the roster

I think the Lakers can do better than JJ and Danny with that cap space tbh. If it were me I’d be trying for something like Beverley, Marcus Morris, and maybe one cheaper guy like a Seth Curry or Thomas Bryant or something like that. That should be doable if they get $25+ million in cap space. Could potentially do Bev + Danny Green + a smaller piece if they wanted too.

Not that it's realistic for multiple reasons, but based on the report that the Knicks have basically given up on the idea of signing two max guys this offseason and instead are hoping to sign KD and save the rest of the cap space for next year to convince Davis to sign with them instead of extending with the Lakers, here's my absolute dream world:

Knicks don't want to tie up their cap long-term right now anyways, so send them our last available 1st round pick to take Leuer and Ilyasova off our hands, giving us a max slot.

Somehow convince Kawhi or Klay to sign a max with us.

THEN sign Middleton and Brogdon.

THEN use the room exception (roughly $5 million) to sign a starting C (let's say Dewayne Dedmon given the Bud connection).

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Klay
SF: Middleton
PF: Giannis
C: Dedmon

Bench:
Brogdon
Connaughton
Sterling Brown
DJ Wilson
Donte DiVincenzo

and THEN I wake up.

Need to turn off the Boston noise. I can't imagine anyone is doing this outside of Dallas. Would be the 1st move in oushing Giannis out the door if they were paying Horford 25+ mill in 22 & 23.

Plus the Pels have Laker picks, so they shouldn't want them getting a guy like Kemba. Understood it's down the road, but they have no reason to be helping the Lakers at all.

Hilarious tweet from Magic from over the weekend that I just saw today

I know he doesn't work there anymore, but I'm totally convinced the Lakers didn't understand the cap implications when they did this trade
Someone needs to conduct an intervention with Magic on tweeting

Not that it's realistic for multiple reasons, but based on the report that the Knicks have basically given up on the idea of signing two max guys this offseason and instead are hoping to sign KD and save the rest of the cap space for next year to convince Davis to sign with them instead of extending with the Lakers, here's my absolute dream world:

Knicks don't want to tie up their cap long-term right now anyways, so send them our last available 1st round pick to take Leuer and Ilyasova off our hands, giving us a max slot.

Somehow convince Kawhi or Klay to sign a max with us.

THEN sign Middleton and Brogdon.

THEN use the room exception (roughly $5 million) to sign a starting C (let's say Dewayne Dedmon given the Bud connection).

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Klay
SF: Middleton
PF: Giannis
C: Dedmon

Bench:
Brogdon
Connaughton
Sterling Brown
DJ Wilson
Donte DiVincenzo

and THEN I wake up.

Think I have a similar chance at getting them for minimum wage to come play on my mens league team.

Think I have a similar chance at getting them for minimum wage to come play on my mens league team.

Yeah haha. Hence being just a dream for me.

I do feel like we could have some non-zero chance of convincing Butler or Tobias to come here if we wanted to. But I don't think we'd find a team willing to take both the Leuer and Ilyasova expiring for a first anyways.

Yeah I can't believe people are automatically counting them out. I would be less surprised if the Warriors were a top 4 seed than if the Lakers completely meltdown.

Yeah haha. Hence being just a dream for me.

I do feel like we could have some non-zero chance of convincing Butler or Tobias to come here if we wanted to. But I don't think we'd find a team willing to take both the Leuer and Ilyasova expiring for a first anyways.

Are you sure that getting rid of Ilyasova at $7m is all that smart? Feel like they'll end up needing a similar player that will cost a similar amount. Though if it allows you to grab a guy an extra tier up and then can get a ring chaser on a minimum then maybe the outcome is a net positive. Feel like if he was at $5m its an easier decision, $7m is right at the line where you can likely get 90% of the production at 60% of the cost.

My favorite part of the Lakers trade is their management team had zero clue about the salary cap ramifications.
Is that a win for LeBron the GM, or a strike against LeBron the GM?

Yeah I can't believe people are automatically counting them out. I would be less surprised if the Warriors were a top 4 seed than if the Lakers completely meltdown.

No kidding. Going to still be a 2 all star team. Blazers ususally end up a top 5 seed with a 2 star team every year.

Are you sure that getting rid of Ilyasova at $7m is all that smart? Feel like they'll end up needing a similar player that will cost a similar amount. Though if it allows you to grab a guy an extra tier up and then can get a ring chaser on a minimum then maybe the outcome is a net positive. Feel like if he was at $5m its an easier decision, $7m is right at the line where you can likely get 90% of the production at 60% of the cost.

If giving up Ilyasova allowed us to sign Kawhi, Klay, Butler, or Tobias? Yes, I'd help pack his bags. And I'm probably the biggest Ilyasova fan out there outside of his family.

I'm probably content at this point to just bring Middleton, Brogdon, and Brook back and then maybe bring Hill or an upgrade back as well and keep Ilyasova.

Outside of my dream scenario, I could see us moving Ilyasova to get up to the $20-25 million cap range. We probably will not have cap space again until Giannis leaves us anyways, so if we wanted to create that cap space and then sign Brook + Pat Beverley or something like that, I'd probably be happy to do it.

I would not attach other assets to Ilyasova unless we were getting one of those max guys though.