NBA 2018-2019 | Page 180 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I don’t get what the hell the Lakers can attach to Wagner and Bonga to entice another team to take them and help the Lakers cap.

They can’t trade consecutive first round picks because of the Stepen rule and Pelicans have all valuable Laker draft picks.

To move a contract you must include another bad contract or an enticing draft pick.

I don’t get what the hell the Lakers can attach to Wagner and Bonga to entice another team to take them and help the Lakers cap.

They can’t trade consecutive first round picks because of the Stepen rule and Pelicans have all valuable Laker draft picks.

To move a contract you must include another bad contract or an enticing draft pick.

They would need to find a team that sees upside in Wagner and Bonga. I’d imagine a team like the Hawks would take a flier on Wagner. Bonga looks 3 yrs away from being 3 yrs away.

They would need to find a team that sees upside in Wagner and Bonga. I’d imagine a team like the Hawks would take a flier on Wagner. Bonga looks 3 yrs away from being 3 yrs away.

I think if a team is rebuilding and you can get a guy like Wagner who is a potential stretch big and was viewed as a first round talent a year ago for a second rounder this year it’s probably appealing.

Browns upside is too great. I’d want Barrett, Ja or no dice

If the Celtics and Aingr had not consistently overvalued Tatum and Brown they may have accomplished something by moving them. Now they are riding them to nowhere.

The only thing I can see is the pelicans doing them a solid and taking those players on.

Otherwise no other team will take them on. Why would they want to help the lakers.

If the Celtics and Aingr had not consistently overvalued Tatum and Brown they may have accomplished something by moving them. Now they are riding them to nowhere.
Brown and Tatum are 22 and 21 they aren’t close to their primes yet.

Ainge got burned last year holding onto Brown for Kawhi but outside of that I don’t blame him for overpaying for Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

Ainge has been conservative but he likely does go after Anthony Davis harder if he had Kyrie under contract atleast one more year.

Congrats Knicks fans you finally have decent leadership in basketball operations.

The Knicks didn’t let the Rockets throw Chris Paul at them for nothing. Knicks turned down Chris Paul for a future draft pick.

Resident Utah guy here - I think with this deal Utah can also pick up Favors option, so a Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Favors/Gobert starting 5 is really strong. That's a plus player at every position.

Bench is limited. Really only Exum, who always gets hurt, and Royce O'Neal as known quantities. Would seem like a great destination for a 2nd round pick to make an impact, I wonder if they try to buy some draft picks. Really curious what else they can do in free agency, because they don't have a lot of money to give, and they need some bench.

Personally this sucks, because I got tix to Utah summer league for me and my little guy and we won't have a new 1st round pick to watch for. On the other hand, that Utah summer league might be a pretty competitive roster for guys angling for jobs.

I really love the deal for Utah, though maybe they should waive Favors and use that cap space on more of a stretch 4? I think I like that lineup better with Mirotic in place of Favors, for instance. Just not sure Gobert/Favors works.

But they totally have a chance to win the west now.

Here's a totally random thought I had; remember how long it's been since Greg Oden was a thing? He's the same age as Conley!

Congrats Knicks fans you finally have decent leadership in basketball operations.

The Knicks didn’t let the Rockets throw Chris Paul at them for nothing. Knicks turned down Chris Paul for a future draft pick.

Progress!!!

I really love the deal for Utah, though maybe they should waive Favors and use that cap space on more of a stretch 4? I think I like that lineup better with Mirotic in place of Favors, for instance. Just not sure Gobert/Favors works.

But they totally have a chance to win the west now.

Here's a totally random thought I had; remember how long it's been since Greg Oden was a thing? He's the same age as Conley!
Yeah, but the FO for Utah kinda loves Favors, so I think they'll keep him, even though the stats show if you pair Rudy with a pf that can shoot at all (we're not talking world beaters here - the Crowders and Jerebkos of the world), those lineups kill.

I wonder if there's a goofy scenario where the Clippers could sign and trade to get Favors and ship out Gallinari or something.

The ceiling for Brown is what? To become a 20ppg while playing elite D and being able to stretch the floor more like year 2 then year 3. Holiday is literally that while also averaging nearly 8 assists per game. Folks get blinded by promise and miss what is already happening.

Brown is going to be a solid NBA player as is Jrue Holiday but people waiting for him to become all NBA are crazy. Ain’t happening. The fact that they held onto him in the Kawhi deal was a blunder of monumental proportions. He can’t shoot well enough to be all nba. Like I said, he a really good player but I don’t get it with him as if he’s going to be elite all NBA type.

And you guys are taking RJ Barrett today’s workout was smoke screen.
Two good decisions in a row congrats.

We're getting close to a record here...

Yeah, but the FO for Utah kinda loves Favors, so I think they'll keep him, even though the stats show if you pair Rudy with a pf that can shoot at all (we're not talking world beaters here - the Crowders and Jerebkos of the world), those lineups kill.

I wonder if there's a goofy scenario where the Clippers could sign and trade to get Favors and ship out Gallinari or something.

I would love the Gallo fit in Utah too. It's kinda crazy to me how wide open things really are at the moment. If you told me any one of about 5 (and that # is prob low) teams won the west right now, I'd totally believe me. Of course this could all change in a few weeks.

I saw Old Man Rivers play last summer in Atlanta during the TBT. He had 11 and 5, but it hurt watching him play/run.

We're getting close to a record here...

I would love the Gallo fit in Utah too. It's kinda crazy to me how wide open things really are at the moment. If you told me any one of about 5 (and that # is prob low) teams won the west right now, I'd totally believe me. Of course this could all change in a few weeks.
Warriors
Nuggs
LeBrons
Jazz
Beards

Still got the Thunder duo, Portland, Spurs always lurking. Clippers with Leonard push into the elite group. Luka might take Dallas places, although maybe soon for that.

Once again, the west is going to be a meat grinder. I don't know if there are great teams, but there won't be many nights off.

I don't think they're trying to do that. They want to send those guys to the Pelicans as well. As it's constructed right now, they're taking Davis into cap space, so they don't need to match salaries. But from what I've read, they realize they can use their cap space to sign a FA, and then make the trade for Davis, but then they'd need to send more to New Orleans to match the salaries. But New Orleans doesn't have any real incentive to help them out

Warriors
Nuggs
LeBrons
Jazz
Beards

Still got the Thunder duo, Portland, Spurs always lurking. Clippers with Leonard push into the elite group. Luka might take Dallas places, although maybe soon for that.

Once again, the west is going to be a meat grinder. I don't know if there are great teams, but there won't be many nights off.

Yup, I would prob take the Warriors out, but I think you gotta have Portland in there, and I'm half expecting the Clippers to land Kawhi and something else good.

And if the Warriors make the playoffs and get Klay back...

I don't think they're trying to do that. They want to send those guys to the Pelicans as well. As it's constructed right now, they're taking Davis into cap space, so they don't need to match salaries. But from what I've read, they realize they can use their cap space to sign a FA, and then make the trade for Davis, but then they'd need to send more to New Orleans to match the salaries. But New Orleans doesn't have any real incentive to help them out
The only way I would help them if were the Pelicans is if the Lakers included Kuzma.
The Lakers are in their conference the Pelicans have zero incentive to help them out when the Lakers weren’t smart enough to negotiate it originally.
I don’t think the Lakers can add anymore draft picks as 4 is the most you can trade.

The only way I would help them if were the Pelicans is if the Lakers included Kuzma.
The Lakers are in their conference the Pelicans have zero incentive to help them out when the Lakers weren’t smart enough to negotiate it originally.
I don’t think the Lakers can add anymore draft picks as 4 is the most you can trade.

Plus the Pels have Laker picks, so they shouldn't want them getting a guy like Kemba. Understood it's down the road, but they have no reason to be helping the Lakers at all.

Hilarious tweet from Magic from over the weekend that I just saw today

I know he doesn't work there anymore, but I'm totally convinced the Lakers didn't understand the cap implications when they did this trade

Ramona Shelburne is reporting that Pelinka didn’t understand the implications of the trade on the salary cap. He tried to call the Pelicans back after everything had already been discussed about the timing.

Bring in CP3, and then go get Melo and talk Wade into coming out of retirement around March for one last playoff run. Screw it.
kobe probably has another load-managed season in him, too

Ramona Shelburne is reporting that Pelinka didn’t understand the implications of the trade on the salary cap. He tried to call the Pelicans back after everything had already been discussed about the timing.
Whoever is leaking that out clearly is sticking it to Pelinka.

That mistake is amazing. No way the Pelicans are going to do them a solid without additional compensation.
The mistake does help the Lakers out though. They shouldn’t be targeting one star with the remaining cap space two-three role players are better value.

Whoever is leaking that out clearly is sticking it to Pelinka.

That mistake is amazing. No way the Pelicans are going to do them a solid without additional compensation.
The mistake does help the Lakers out though. They shouldn’t be targeting one star with the remaining cap space two-three role players are better value.

I don't know, I think if you can get Kemba, you should go for it. He's really good, and the $ for the role players probably won't go that far. Maybe you can get 2 guys who can help though.

If Anthony Davis waives his trade kicker everyone is going to say LeBron and Klutch are going to pay him that money in Space Jam 2 cameo fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom