NBA 2018-2019 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

So Thibs turned down Eric Gordon, Nene, and two unprotected first-round picks from Houston for the package he got from Philadelphia.
The main reason he took the Philly was they are in the East and gets Butler out of the West.
Wow Thibs is out of control.

So Thibs turned down Eric Gordon, Nene, and two unprotected first-round picks from Houston for the package he got from Philadelphia.
The main reason he took the Philly was they are in the East and gets Butler out of the West.
The irony is, the root of him being out of control is the fact that he is in control.

Thibs’ fate should be tied to the development of KAT, Wiggins.
The problem is he traded a top 7 pick for Butler. I honestly was never really in love with Butler as I think his D was strength early on but as his offense developed his D wasn’t the same all-NBA D level.
Thibs should be realizing first he isn’t beating GS this year so it’s pointless to make trade now returns.
Second, with LeBron in LA and Denver pretty much playoff locks the West is going to lose atleast 2 playoff teams from last year and he was the 8 seed last year.
Minnesota and San Antonio are the clear favorites IMO to fall out maybe OKC, could but Schruder is great Westbrook insurance, Portland could as well but they have a great HCA and New Orleans could but they have Davis.
Thibs has blown what should have been an up and coming team to create the TimberBulls and he ruined it.

That wouldn't be good for Thibs, as neither of those players has developed a lick in the past two years. In fact, they've stagnated.

Everyone said Thibs learned a lot that year he spent visiting other teams while he worked for ESPN. That was clearly wrong. Same short rotations and same offensive sets out of his Bulls days.

Everyone said Thibs learned a lot that year he spent visiting other teams while he worked for ESPN. That was clearly wrong. Same short rotations and same offensive sets out of his Bulls days.

He basically seems obsessed with recreating that Bulls team from 8 years ago.

I don't think it was unprotected picks from Houston, at least not based on how The Athletic article was written. They specified that the pick that New Orleans was offering was unprotected but didn't say that about the picks Houston was offering. At any rate, I think Dario/Covington and a 2nd is probably better anyways.

So who do the 76ers have now that can hit an outside shot? Reddick and Embiid? Butler now?

I don't think it was unprotected picks from Houston, at least not based on how The Athletic article was written. They specified that the pick that New Orleans was offering was unprotected but didn't say that about the picks Houston was offering. At any rate, I think Dario/Covington and a 2nd is probably better anyways.
Gordon healthy is the best player out of him, Saric, Covvington.
Plus Nene next to KAT are pretty good fits if they wanted to win now and the picks were first rounders. I heard unprotected from Michael Vega.

The Wolves didn’t get a lot from Philly.

Gordon healthy is the best player out of him, Saric, Covvington.
Plus Nene next to KAT are pretty good fits if they wanted to win now and the picks were first rounders. I heard unprotected from Michael Vega.

The Wolves didn’t get a lot from Philly.

If the pick was a rockets unprotected 1 this year, not worth a whole lot. I'd rather have Covington than Gordon.

Though I agree Minny didnt get a ton here.

Celtics need a backup PF who can score.
Only have Morris on the second team who can score in the front court.
Dr0UVH2WoAI2nJ1
Im pre-ordering the jersey

If the pick was a rockets unprotected 1 this year, not worth a whole lot. I'd rather have Covington than Gordon.

Though I agree Minny didnt get a ton here.
Yeah this pretty much sums up my thoughts. Not getting a 1st round pick was disappointing. I do still think Dario has potential to be something in a higher usage role than he had in Philly though. You know what you're getting in Covington; he's one of the best 3 and D guys in the league. Dario has some potential as a scorer IMO.

Yeah this pretty much sums up my thoughts. Not getting a 1st round pick was disappointing. I do still think Dario has potential to be something in a higher usage role than he had in Philly though. You know what you're getting in Covington; he's one of the best 3 and D guys in the league. Dario has some potential as a scorer IMO.

Would you rather have the Miami package built around Richardson? Can't remember if they put a first in there

He basically seems obsessed with recreating that Bulls team from 8 years ago.

I remember that one season when the young Bulls of Rose, Noah, and Deng were winning a ton and Bill Simmons wrote something like “the rest of the East is watching Bulls games with the same look on their faces that Mick had when he was watching Clubber Lang destroy opponents on his rise through the ranks”. Not a huge Simmons fan, but that one description was so vivid and hilarious that it stuck with me even years later.

Would you rather have the Miami package built around Richardson? Can't remember if they put a first in there

It did include a 1st. I think I'd still prefer the Philly package personally. I also wonder if it was even on the table anymore since The Athletic was reporting that it was down to New Orleans, Houston, and Philly. I wonder if Miami really liked what they were seeing from Richardson this year and pulled the offer.

It’s crazy how Philadelphia has 3 top 20 players and completely botched the 2017 draft it had a top 3 pick and gave up a lottery pick and botched the pick.
Fultz is going to lose time now with Butler and that FT last night ouch.

It’s crazy how Philadelphia has 3 top 20 players and completely botched the 2017 draft it had a top 3 pick and gave up a lottery pick and botched the pick.
I assume you saw the Charles Barkley golf swing free throw shooting that Fultz now shoots. He deserves to lose time.

I remember when we [as fellow Celtics fans] were discussing that trade in the days leading up to June 2017 draft, and how happy we were that Boston traded back.

Despite the general consensus that Fultz / Ball were going to go with the top two picks, neither one of those players would have helped Boston improve. Conversely, JT has been a godsend -- great player already. Not sure that we'll ever say that about either Fultz nor Ball.

Ainge played that one perfectly. And it was a rare opportunity of drafting for need AND getting the right player / best choice.

I remember when we [as fellow Celtics fans] were discussing that draft prior to June 2017, and how happy we were that Boston traded back.

It was a fait accompli that Fultz / Ball were going to go with the top two picks, and neither one of those players would have helped Boston improve. Conversely, JT has been a godsend -- great player already. Not sure that we'll ever say that about either Fultz nor Ball.

Ainge played that one perfectly. And it was a rare opportunity of drafting for need AND getting the right player / best choice.
You were right on the move I remember . I was 100% wrong.
I hated the trade back. I wanted Fultz.
Danny got the guy he wanted and a valuable lottery pick as well.

Fultz is a head case now. He honestly needs a new team so he can get minutes and develop behind Simmons he is hurt.
While Tatum and Mitchell are the best players from that draft.

You were right on the move I remember . I was 100% wrong.
I hated the trade back. I wanted Fultz.
Danny got the guy he wanted and a valuable lottery pick as well.

Fultz is a head case now. He honestly needs a new team so he can get minutes and develop behind Simmons he is hurt.
While Tatum and Mitchell are the best players from that draft.

On the other hand, I hated drafting Brown the year before -- who's turned out to be much more versatile / much better of a player than I expected. So what the hell do I know?

Apprently Caris Levert dislocated his foot last night and they are saying he will be back this year. Never heard of this type of injury before, but it looked nearly as bad as Hayward’s.

It did include a 1st. I think I'd still prefer the Philly package personally. I also wonder if it was even on the table anymore since The Athletic was reporting that it was down to New Orleans, Houston, and Philly. I wonder if Miami really liked what they were seeing from Richardson this year and pulled the offer.

Shams def reported Miami pulled Richardson as time went on.

Apprently Caris Levert dislocated his foot last night and they are saying he will be back this year. Never heard of this type of injury before, but it looked nearly as bad as Hayward’s.

Someone on twitter said they were searching for anyone else who had that injury and they couldn't find even one other instance

Markelle Fultz is broken mentally. I feel for the guy

Debate i had with a friend; if Boston holds onto their #1 pick, do they pick Tatum? I know now they say they would, but also, easy to say that now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom