NBA 2018-2019 | Page 194 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Jeff Malone was always a Jazz (member of the Jazz? how does this work??) My mind was probably blown by the fact that they had 2 guys named Malone on the team.

And when he was a Bullet, he and Moses Malone were their two best players.

Hornets beat writer

I am guessing its now going to cost Charlotte atleast more than the max but not full super max to keep Kemba now.

Hornets beat writer

I am guessing its now going to cost Charlotte atleast more than the max but not full super max to keep Kemba now.

The Hornets might be in a worse position right now than the Wizards are. It’s really pretty brutal. If they lose Kemba they have no path to really adding talent and they’re already one of the least talented teams in the league.

The Hornets might be in a worse position right now than the Wizards are. It’s really pretty brutal. If they lose Kemba they have no path to really adding talent and they’re already one of the least talented teams in the league.
I mean they freaking gave Nic Batum 5 years 120 million. The NBA should bring the amnesty clause back every decade. As that contract is just killing their cap space.

I mean they freaking gave Nic Batum 5 years 120 million. The NBA should bring the amnesty clause back every decade. As that contract is just killing their cap space.
Sure.

Or maybe teams could not act like morons.

So this idea that Houston is going to get Butler via sign and trade is AWESOME.

Sure, let's throw a guy that is known for throwing teammates under the bus and is combustible into an already volatile situation.

I'm not even mad that Houston simply doesn't give a shiz about chemistry, I'm impressed.

Sure, let's throw a guy that is known for throwing teammates under the bus and is combustible into an already volatile situation.

I'm not even mad that Houston simply doesn't give a shiz about chemistry, I'm impressed.

They can't without cooperation.

Honestly think they are better off letting him go and letting all crap deals expire in the next few years. Full clean slate.

Honestly think they are better off letting him go and letting all crap deals expire in the next few years. Full clean slate.

It’s definitely a possibility, but man, they might end up being a tax team with Cody Zeller as their best player. It’s so brutal. Idk how they get a single person to go to a game in that scenario.

It’s definitely a possibility, but man, they might end up being a tax team with Cody Zeller as their best player. It’s so brutal. Idk how they get a single person to go to a game in that scenario.

They need to unload someone by attaching picks or stretch one of their horrible contracts. Then they can sign Kemba and stay under the tax.

They need to unload someone by attaching picks or stretch one of their horrible contracts. Then they can sign Kemba and stay under the tax.

Not even worth it to still stay irrelevant. Full Sixers time. Sign Kemba and remain in purgatory for half a decade with no hope or just completely blow it up and take your chances in the lotto.

Would throw my teammates under the bus too if they were as soft as KAT/Wiggins and complacent playing fortnite all the time while I was in the gym trying to improve a .500 team with top 5 talent.

I missed their Free Agency Special last night on the deuce, but came across this today...

Morey is going to put up with Butler shooting mid range jumpers? 32 percent of his shots are between 10 feet and the 3 point line.

I missed their Free Agency Special last night on the deuce, but came across this today...

The Portland portion is the real interesting part there IMO. They really do appear poised to bring in a 3rd guy to go with Lillard and CJ. I'm still skeptical of that backcourt ever winning a title but with the right 3rd guy, maybe!

Morey is going to put up with Butler shooting mid range jumpers? 32 percent of his shots are between 10 feet and the 3 point line.

He'll put up with any star because he is the firmest believer in the stars and scrubs approach. Do anything you can for stars and filling in the rest is easy enough.

Would throw my teammates under the bus too if they were as soft as KAT/Wiggins and complacent playing fortnite all the time while I was in the gym trying to improve a .500 team with top 5 talent.
He might not be wrong in that case.

Seems like he always finds a reason though.

You think he'll get along with Harden and Paul?

Taking a look at the various sign-and-trade options for Jimmy Butler and the Houston Rockets

Regarding how Houston can acquire Jimmy, it's relatively simple. It can happen in one of two ways:

1. Philly maintains cap holds on their free agents, which would create a scenario where trading Butler only counts as $20 million in outgoing salary for the 76ers but $32 million in incoming salary for Houston. As a result, Houston would need to re-route Capela to a 3rd team while Philly gets Eric Gordon.

2. Philly renounces their cap holds (with the exception of Tobias Harris), allowing them to sign Butler with cap space. Then they can trade his $32 million to Houston, probably still re-route Capela to a 3rd team since they have Embiid already, and result in Philly having roughly $25 million in cap space to sign free agents and then re-sign Tobias after the fact. In this scenario, Houston would have 7 roster spots to fill with roughly $13 million below the tax apron. This would likely result in 6 league minimum contracts and one $3 million contract for Houston.

Taking a look at the various sign-and-trade options for Jimmy Butler and the Houston Rockets

Regarding how Houston can acquire Jimmy, it's relatively simple. It can happen in one of two ways:

1. Philly maintains cap holds on their free agents, which would create a scenario where trading Butler only counts as $20 million in outgoing salary for the 76ers but $32 million in incoming salary for Houston. As a result, Houston would need to re-route Capela to a 3rd team while Philly gets Eric Gordon.

2. Philly renounces their cap holds (with the exception of Tobias Harris), allowing them to sign Butler with cap space. Then they can trade his $32 million to Houston, probably still re-route Capela to a 3rd team since they have Embiid already, and result in Philly having roughly $25 million in cap space to sign free agents and then re-sign Tobias after the fact. In this scenario, Houston would have 7 roster spots to fill with roughly $13 million below the tax apron. This would likely result in 6 league minimum contracts and one $3 million contract for Houston.
giphy.gif

Why would Dallas want Kemba? They have Luca. Less ball handling for him is a bad thing.

Gordon fits there so easily and allows for JJ to head elsewhere unless they keep both and are able to have an elite floor spacer next to Ben and/or Joel at all times. The pair still costs less than what Jimmy would've got too so that's a benefit.

I honestly have no clue what Capela is worth. Seems like his value has cratered significantly in the last 12 months. A year ago he was talked about as a big piece of that team and this year he's been talked about as a salary dump guy. Guess that's just how it is with almost all true centers these days.

Why would Dallas want Kemba? They have Luca. Less ball handling for him is a bad thing.

They probably don't want Luka being the team's only real ball-handler/creator and both of them work well off-ball.

Gordon fits there so easily and allows for JJ to head elsewhere unless they keep both and are able to have an elite floor spacer next to Ben and/or Joel at all times. The pair still costs less than what Jimmy would've got too so that's a benefit.

I honestly have no clue what Capela is worth. Seems like his value has cratered significantly in the last 12 months. A year ago he was talked about as a big piece of that team and this year he's been talked about as a salary dump guy. Guess that's just how it is with almost all true centers these days.
Capela's value is down because if Houston is committed to this they don't have a lot of contracts they can put in a deal.

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda think the sign-and-trade might be the best move for Philly. They would theoretically walk away from it with:

Embiid
Simmons
Tobias
Eric Gordon
Jonah Bolden
Zhaire Smith
Matisse Thybulle
$25 million in cap space (could end up being DeAngelo Russell or could be Malcolm Brogdon + another role player or something like that)

and get draft picks in the process as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom