NBA 2018-2019 | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Kevin Huerter has moved into the starting lineup for the Hawks and has scored 19 pts in back to back games. Great three point shooting.

So Bill Simmons did his trade value chart for the first time in 3 years. Jayson Tatum was #9, ahead of Kevin Durant and James Harden

Huge tanking week for my Knicks, dropping home games to Atlanta and Phoenix

So Bill Simmons did his trade value chart for the first time in 3 years. Jayson Tatum was #9, ahead of Kevin Durant and James Harden

Ya. Some questionable rankings on his chart, but you do have to keep in mind the contracts and age for all.

How many players would Luka be traded for right now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Zion as an NBA player? Now that the Knicks are full on tanking, feels like we may have a shot.

Bill Simmons is a moron. In reinventing himself to hangout with millennials which is basically what every Ringer writer is he has lost touch with reality.
I can’t believe I used to think this guy got it.
His NBA takes have become worse.

Bill Simmons is a moron. In reinventing himself to hangout with millennials which is basically what every Ringer writer is he has lost touch with reality.
I can’t believe I used to think this guy got it.
His NBA takes have become worse.

His writing is terrible now, but between Grantland and The Ringer, he has an eye for talent and gives them room and support to grow.

Also, the way they explore avenues for delivering content is fantastic. Their use of data visualization, graphics, video (like nba desktop), etc aren’t always perfect, but it’s in the right direction.

Last edited:
I want to know how Fox has a Michelin star and Gobert doesn't.

I can't believe there are serious sentences "why does player x have a michelin star and player y doesn't?"

stupid simmons

Now they have pull a 1997 Spurs and sit their starting center all year even if he could play the last 6 weeks. but NY is not smart enough for that.

So the Lakers beating GSW with no Lebron for last 1.5 quarters more about the Lakers or GSW?

So the Lakers beating GSW with no Lebron for last 1.5 quarters more about the Lakers or GSW?
Kevin Durant would tell you it is this.

I haven’t looked at the other rankings, but I’m sure he heavily factored in the fact that Durant is expiring didn’t he? I’m not super high on Tatum but I understand others that are and I wouldn’t blame them for preferring Tatum being locked up for basically his entire prime (thanks to RFA) over a rental of Durant.

I haven’t looked at the other rankings, but I’m sure he heavily factored in the fact that Durant is expiring didn’t he? I’m not super high on Tatum but I understand others that are and I wouldn’t blame them for preferring Tatum being locked up for basically his entire prime (thanks to RFA) over a rental of Durant.

I'm sure he did (he also had Tatum over Harden, fwiw), but really, I think if I were Boston I would trade Tatum for Durant right now. You decimate the best team in the league and you pretty much cement yourself as the favorite to win the title this year. Sure Durant might walk, but you're probably going to have a ring for your trouble.

Tatum is a good prospect, he's a good player now and hes going to continue to be really good. But I'm not sure he's ever going to be one of the super elite level players in the league.

I'm sure he did (he also had Tatum over Harden, fwiw), but really, I think if I were Boston I would trade Tatum for Durant right now. You decimate the best team in the league and you pretty much cement yourself as the favorite to win the title this year. Sure Durant might walk, but you're probably going to have a ring for your trouble.

Tatum is a good prospect, he's a good player now and hes going to continue to be really good. But I'm not sure he's ever going to be one of the super elite level players in the league.
Yes, but you're forgetting, Simmons is a Boston homer.

Simmons is out of touch.
I would trade Tatum for Durant right now and not blink as long as Durant signed a 4 year deal with the trade.
Tatum is an all-NBA level player in a couple of years but Durant is a top 5 player for the next couple of seasons if not top 3.

Simmons is out of touch.
I would trade Tatum for Durant right now and not blink as long as Durant signed a 4 year deal with the trade.
Tatum is an all-NBA level player in a couple of years but Durant is a top 5 player for the next couple of seasons if not top 3.

I would bet anything that if Durant signed a 4 year deal, Simmons would trade Tatum for him too but that’s not what this is. The fact that Durant is an expiring contract is a huge hit to his trade value for this.

I would bet anything that if Durant signed a 4 year deal, Simmons would trade Tatum for him too but that’s not what this is. The fact that Durant is an expiring contract is a huge hit to his trade value for this.

Agree with that, I think he's either just docking Durant too much, or he's just overrating Tatum. (gee, i wonder which one it is).

Like I said, he's got Tatum like 5 spots ahead of the reigning MVP who is signed for the next few years

Yes, but you're forgetting, Simmons is a Boston homer.

I know, it's really my fault for even bothering

So Harden just singlehandedly beat the warriors on their floor, without CP or Gordon..and the refs tried real hard at the end..not calling Durant out of bounds on a play where he was nearly in the seats. I don't think ive ever seen a more egrigious miss in an NBA game in crunch time..and that's saying something. dude was WAAAYY out of bounds for MULTIPLE strides..NEVER came back in..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom