NBA 2018-2019 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I think not just the game going global, but marketability of any athlete too.

Yes I can buy that, I'm a little too young to know for sure, but it's definitely my understanding that no one prior to him was marketed to the extent that he was.

Remember when every 6’5 - 6’6 perimeter player that was a good dunker was the “next Michael Jordan”? Hard to believe people were that dumb. Harold Minor aka “baby Jordan”(not even a good player), Jerry Stackhouse(lacked the smooth polish to even warrant a comparison), Vince Carter(two foot jumper - much more Dominique like), etc.

Kobe is the only guy similar enough to warrant a comparison and that’s because he was a psycho who did it on purpose.

LOL. Baby Jordan. man.

Stackhouse and Vince Carter at least went to UNC, so the comparison was probably somewhat inevitable.

Take this fwiw:

I see that one going...not well.

I was looking up Blake's stats this year. Guy is averaging 25-8-5, 59% true shooting. The contract still isnt great, but hell of a season

I think Kobe is fringe top 10 (i am a Kobe hater). I think Lebron is #3 all time at absolute worst (kareem and Jordan) but in my heart of hearts I think he's the GOAT. Until Zion gets a few years in the league, of course

A crazy stat I saw on twitter last night is that LeBron has a realistic, though somewhat of a long shot, chance of retiring as the NBA's all time leading scorer and in the top 5 for all time assist leaders.

Right now he is 5th in all time scoring and 11th in all time assists (73 away from #10). Only other guy who is up in the top 25 of both is Oscar, 12th in points and 6th in assists. Kobe is 3rd in points and 31st in assists and Jordan is 2nd in points and 44th in assists.

A crazy stat I saw on twitter last night is that LeBron has a realistic, though somewhat of a long shot, chance of retiring as the NBA's all time leading scorer and in the top 5 for all time assist leaders.

Right now he is 5th in all time scoring and 11th in all time assists (73 away from #10). Only other guy who is up in the top 25 of both is Oscar, 12th in points and 6th in assists. Kobe is 3rd in points and 31st in assists and Jordan is 2nd in points and 44th in assists.
Friggin' ball hog.

I see that one going...not well.

I was looking up Blake's stats this year. Guy is averaging 25-8-5, 59% true shooting. The contract still isnt great, but hell of a season

I think of guys like Iverson and Webber going to Detroit when they were pretty much at the end of the line. Derrick Coleman too. Pistons seem to pick up stars when they’re just about done. Though Webber was actually a nice contributor for them.

Celtics/Raptors was pretty entertaining tonight. Celtics closed on an 11-0 run to win.

So once again it looks like the East is pathetic.

Seeds 6, 7, and 8 right now are all teams that are .500 or worse.

Meanwhile in the west you've got 10 teams above .500 and a whole 3.5 games separate the 10th team from the 3 seed.

Meanwhile in the west you've got 10 teams above .500 and a whole 3.5 games separate the 10th team from the 3 seed.

At least the top of the East appears to be capable of competing with the West this year. I’ll continue to expect the Warriors to win it all until it doesn’t happen but this is the first time in like 5 years that I’ve felt like other teams have at least some chance of winning.

Kyrie to the Lakers
Kuzma/Brown/Smart/3 draft picks(two lottery picks) to the Pelicans
Davis to the Celtics

This will get explored. After Kyrie did what he did last night.

Nets are very underrated. The East-West gap isn’t as large it’s made out to be.
The East has 3 teams tanking but the conference isn’t a pushover. The West is a little overrated outside of the Warriors.
The top 5 in the East is probably better than the top 5 of the West.

Kyrie to the Lakers
Davis to the Celtics

Interesting but I don't think Pelicans are trading AD until he officially turns down the max at end of season. Pelicans have to let that play out, once he says NO then they have to wheel and deal. That said, that would be a great deal for the Pels if the know NOW that AD is not coming back

Kyrie to the Lakers
Davis to the Celtics

Where do I sign up??

Where do I sign up??

I think the Lakers lose on that deal for sure although this years draft outside the the top 2 maybe even 1 looks pretty weak. I see AD with the Lakers though too

Where do I sign up??
Kyrie nuked his future with Boston with those comments.
Ainge would have traded Jaylen Brown to keep Kyrie happy but invoking LeBron like he did totally put the struggles this year on the young kids. That isn’t leadership that was passive aggressive Kyrie telling them he is bigger than them and that will kill the locker room.
I was with Kyrie until those comments.
Now when they pursue AD I would do the deal I just said. The Pelicans can be pursued now.

I think the Lakers lose on that deal for sure although this years draft outside the the top 2 maybe even 1 looks pretty weak. I see AD with the Lakers though too
Lakers only chance at Davis is if he forces his way there.
Davis could want Chicago or New York as well.
Lakers would have to gut their team to get Davis in a trade now.
Kyrie being given them to is atleast a deal they can live with.
Durant and Leonard aren’t going to the Lakers.
Everyone and the world is saying Leonard to the Clippers and Durant isn’t going to be LeBron’s number 2.

Ainge would have traded Jaylen Brown to keep Kyrie happy but invoking LeBron like he did totally put the struggles this year on the young kids. That isn’t leadership that was passive aggressive Kyrie telling them he is bigger than them and that will kill the locker room.
Now when they pursue AD I would do the deal I just said. The Pelicans can be pursued now.

Yeah and you have to think pels have a decent idea of what AD's intentions are. I think he will at least give them that professional courtesy and allow them to hopefully maximize his value. Pelicans are finally healthy and playing better but probably too little to late as they will be lucky to make the playoffs as is and will need a really good back half of the season to get there. Depth in the West is just crazy

Lakers only chance at Davis is if he forces his way there.
Davis could want Chicago or New York as well.
Lakers would have to gut their team to get Davis in a trade now.
Kyrie being given them to is atleast a deal they can live with.
Durant and Leonard aren’t going to the Lakers.
Everyone and the world is saying Leonard to the Clippers and Durant isn’t going to be LeBron’s number 2.

Knicks could trade Hardaway and maybe KP to try and make run at a Durant/ Kyrie duo. Can they keep KP and get both Kyrie and Durant in FA? don't know if that is possible

That’s the difference between being really good and being the franchise. Kyrie does not have it. No one on our current roster does, very few players do.

Knicks could trade Hardaway and maybe KP to try and make run at a Durant/ Kyrie duo. Can they keep KP and get both Kyrie and Durant in FA? don't know if that is possible
I don’t see Kyrie going anywhere but LA if he is traded.

At least the top of the East appears to be capable of competing with the West this year. I’ll continue to expect the Warriors to win it all until it doesn’t happen but this is the first time in like 5 years that I’ve felt like other teams have at least some chance of winning.

I don't think anyone will touch the Warriors, but I agree the top of the east is much improved.

I do think maybe maybe the Warriors are vulnerable (though I should see Boogie with them first) but I dont think theres any team as good as last years Rockets, for instance, to really push them

I don't think anyone will touch the Warriors, but I agree the top of the east is much improved.

I do think maybe maybe the Warriors are vulnerable (though I should see Boogie with them first) but I dont think theres any team as good as last years Rockets, for instance, to really push them

So I say this, and I see that the Bucks have a point differential of +10 this year per game, which would be 12th best of all time, which is pretty damn good, and 1.5 better than Houston last year. Granted, easier to do it over half a season than a full season, but maybe I'm wrong here. Houston does have 2 legit great players though, and the Bucks just the one

And to be fair, this is all hindsight for me in pumping Houston up anyway, since last year I thought the Warriors would roll them

So I say this, and I see that the Bucks have a point differential of +10 this year per game, which would be 12th best of all time, which is pretty damn good, and 1.5 better than Houston last year. Granted, easier to do it over half a season than a full season, but maybe I'm wrong here. Houston does have 2 legit great players though, and the Bucks just the one

And to be fair, this is all hindsight for me in pumping Houston up anyway, since last year I thought the Warriors would roll them
Vegas doesn’t believe in the Bucks.
They are plus +500 to win the East.
That is a really good number if you like them as a team.
Toronto is +130
Boston +170
Milwaukee is +500
Philadelphia is +800
Indiana is +2000

Vegas doesn’t believe in the Bucks.
They are plus +500 to win the East.
That is a really good number if you like them as a team.

I'll be in Jersey in 2 weeks and I think I'll make that bet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom