NBA 2018-2019 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Kyrie, Lillard, and Klay are not better than Butler IMO.

Jimmy just does more things well than those guys do.
klay is the closest of those three
kyrie & lillard different skill sets so hard to compare directly, but the ability to defend multiple positions at a high level puts butler (and klay for that matter) above those two.

imho, of course

klay is the closest of those three
kyrie & lillard different skill sets so hard to compare directly, but the ability to defend multiple positions at a high level puts butler (and klay for that matter) above those two.

imho, of course

Agree, I would like to see Klay shoulder the load offensively that Butler has. Thats why I would lean Butler.

To follow up on this, the last 3 years, Butler has been assisted on about 36% of his 2 pointers, and 70% of his threes. Klay is at 75% of his 2's and over 90% on his 3's

Klay is a top five shooter of all time. I’d rather have him and his on ball D than Butler 10 out of 10 times.

Dame can’t play D and Kyrie can’t stay healthy.

Just my 0.02.

Klay is a top five shooter of all time. I’d rather have him and his on ball D than Butler 10 out of 10 times.

Dame can’t play D and Kyrie can’t stay healthy.

Just my 0.02.
People for some reason still don’t give klay the credit he deserves

If I was the Warriors, I wouldn't trade Klay for Butler.

If I was starting a team from nothing, I'd take Butler. Klay is an all time shooter, but if he was the lead guy for an offense, I dunno

Is Kyrie out of shape? Young guys looked good. Hayward clearly has another month or so before he'll be ready.

Was thinking the same. Once Hayward gets in rhythm they will look even better. Kyrie looks like he’s put on about 10 pounds. They played better with Rozier on the floor.

Was thinking the same. Once Hayward gets in rhythm they will look even better. Kyrie looks like he’s put on about 10 pounds. They played better with Rozier on the floor.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how Stevens handles this team. It's easy to assume more talent on paper = better, but you never know (says the Knicks fan).

I think people are sleeping on Toronto a little bit. If Kawhi can stay healthy, they have an insanely deep team , the best player in the East and probably the best perimeter defense in the league.

Just glad to have the NBA back.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how Stevens handles this team. It's easy to assume more talent on paper = better, but you never know (says the Knicks fan).

I think people are sleeping on Toronto a little bit. If Kawhi can stay healthy, they have an insanely deep team , the best player in the East and probably the best perimeter defense in the league.

Just glad to have the NBA back.

Disgruntled Knicks fan here as well.

I think the Raptors are better than the Sixers as well and could potentially compete with Boston. For Philly outside of Embiid, Simmons, Redick, and Covington I don’t really think the rest of the team can keep up with the best teams in the association.

I think the Raptors are better than the Sixers as well and could potentially compete with Boston. For Philly outside of Embiid, Simmons, Redick, and Covington I don’t really think the rest of the team can keep up with the best teams in the association.

I think this is the consensus opinion. Hell, the season projections like what 538 does think Toronto is better than Boston.

I think this is the consensus opinion. Hell, the season projections like what 538 does think Toronto is better than Boston.
I think Toronto is good but Boston is better this year.
Kawhi is a tier above Heyward but both are coming off injuries.
The reason I think Boston is better is Rozier and Smart give them tremendous depth at the guard position.
Plus I think Tatum will make a leap to AllStar level this year.
Both teams should win high 50s.
I saw 538 projections and thought they were underrating Boston win total with all their depth.

I think Toronto is good but Boston is better this year.
Kawhi is a tier above Heyward but both are coming off injuries.
The reason I think Boston is better is Rozier and Smart give them tremendous depth at the guard position.
Plus I think Tatum will make a leap to AllStar level this year.
Both teams should win high 50s.
I saw 538 projections and thought they were underrating Boston win total with all their depth.

I think Boston's better as well. Raptors depth is pretty damn good too though. I think Boston's edge is actually the starting lineup. If Kawhi is healthy, he's better than anyone that Boston has, and Lowry is arguably better than Kyrie, but Toronto is at a major disadvantage everywhere else in the starting lineup.

Fultz wasn’t much better last night.
I can’t believe Philly has screwed him up. It could be like Andrew Luck who lied about his shoulder injury and it was from a skiing accident. It would be a shocker to find out Fultz hurt his shoulder BMX riding.

Fultz wasn’t much better last night.
I can’t believe Philly has screwed him up. It could be like Andrew Luck who lied about his shoulder injury and it was from a skiing accident. It would be a shocker to find out Fultz hurt his shoulder BMX riding.

His jumpshot definitely looks better, but still nowhere near what he was in college. Free throws are still a car crash and mentally he just isn't there. In college and even the Summer League, he never would have hesitated to pull-up off the dribble from anywhere on the court. Last night, Boston gave him open looks all game and he tried to force his way into the paint for short pull-ups instead. It's so sad to see.

Does Brown, Horford, and Sac/Memphis lottery picks get New Orleans to move Davis if he won’t sign the supermax?
That is the player to watch now.

Does Brown, Horford, and Sac/Memphis lottery picks get New Orleans to move Davis if he won’t sign the supermax?
That is the player to watch now.

By now, do you mean this season? As far as I know, Boston can't acquire Davis until the offseason due to Kyrie's contract. Regardless I don't think Davis is getting traded anytime soon.

By now, do you mean this season? As far as I know, Boston can't acquire Davis until the offseason due to Kyrie's contract. Regardless I don't think Davis is getting traded anytime soon.
Your right they can’t trade for Davis until Kyrie signs.
So that basically guarantees the guy will likely go to the Lakers.

Your right they can’t trade for Davis until Kyrie signs.
So that basically guarantees the guy will likely go to the Lakers.
We'll see. I really don't see New Orleans moving him this year. He's under contract for 3 more seasons. Unless teams are offering superstars in return, there's no real reason to look to move him this far in advance unless Davis demands it. I would imagine they'd require a Tatum-level prospect + more to move him right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom