NBA 2018-2019 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

His jumpshot definitely looks better, but still nowhere near what he was in college. Free throws are still a car crash and mentally he just isn't there. In college and even the Summer League, he never would have hesitated to pull-up off the dribble from anywhere on the court. Last night, Boston gave him open looks all game and he tried to force his way into the paint for short pull-ups instead. It's so sad to see.

Yup. I’m hoping he can move beyond it. Watching him in college, he was a surefire lock to at least be a very good guard, with potential to be one of the best.

The size, strength, unique athleticism that is both smooth and explosive, body control, handle, off the dribble moves, etc are all there. But none of that matters much if you can’t shoot. He could shoot in college. Hope he gets back to it.

Disgruntled Knicks fan here as well.

I think the Raptors are better than the Sixers as well and could potentially compete with Boston. For Philly outside of Embiid, Simmons, Redick, and Covington I don’t really think the rest of the team can keep up with the best teams in the association.

Fultz is the wildcard. Wilson Chandler will help once he’s healthy.

But yeah, if Fultz doesn’t improve and be a major contributor then they’re really not better than last year.

Simmons is another one...he’s already a very good player, but his inability to even take a jumper is a major flaw that a team like Boston will continue to exploit in the playoffs. These guys gotta keep getting better.

Embiid too. He’s awesome, but he’s gotta be unguardable one on one on the block. Al Horford should not be making him eat the ball one on one on the block.

Fultz is the wildcard. Wilson Chandler will help once he’s healthy.

But yeah, if Fultz doesn’t improve and be a major contributor then they’re really not better than last year.

Simmons is another one...he’s already a very good player, but his inability to even take a jumper is a major flaw that a team like Boston will continue to exploit in the playoffs. These guys gotta keep getting better.

Embiid too. He’s awesome, but he’s gotta be unguardable one on one on the block. Al Horford should not be making him eat the ball one on one on the block.
Yeah I think Philly is getting a lot of hype but watching the Celtics play a C level game and beat them comfortably I think Toronto, Milwaukee are better and possibly Washington if their guards play as well as they can could finish above them.
The 76ers have little depth. They went on their run last year after they got Bennelli and Iiryasova on buyouts and had depth.

Yup. I’m hoping he can move beyond it. Watching him in college, he was a surefire lock to at least be a very good guard, with potential to be one of the best.

The size, strength, unique athleticism that is both smooth and explosive, body control, handle, off the dribble moves, etc are all there. But none of that matters much if you can’t shoot. He could shoot in college. Hope he gets back to it.

Yeah, I was excited about him as I've been about pretty much any prospect in awhile. I don't think he was likely to be a 40+% shooter in the NBA just based on his track record and free throw shooting, but obviously even mid 30's on good volume is a huge difference from literally not attempting any.

Yeah I think Philly is getting a lot of hype but watching the Celtics play a C level game and beat them comfortably I think Toronto, Milwaukee are better and possibly Washington if their guards play as well as they can could finish above them.
The 76ers have little depth. They went on their run last year after they got Bennelli and Iiryasova on buyouts and had depth.

To be fair, I think that was less than a C-level game from the 76ers too. None of them played well with the possible exception of Simmons, but even he wasn't as efficient as usual. 19 points on 14 FGA and 11 FTA is awful by his standards (or anyone's really). Embiid was a turnover machine and also struggled to score efficiently. JJ and Covington's shots were off. Dario was just invisible. And obviously we've discussed Fultz at length already.

I think Philly is definitely behind Boston and Toronto anyways, but they also just had a bad game from pretty much the entire team last night, which made the gap look even larger than it is.

I'm hopeful that Milwaukee is better than Philly this season too, but we'll see; I don't want to get ahead of myself with the Bucks but man, they looked incredible in the preseason.

To be fair, I think that was less than a C-level game from the 76ers too. None of them played well with the possible exception of Simmons, but even he wasn't as efficient as usual. 19 points on 14 FGA and 11 FTA is awful by his standards (or anyone's really). Embiid was a turnover machine and also struggled to score efficiently. JJ and Covington's shots were off. Dario was just invisible. And obviously we've discussed Fultz at length already.

I think Philly is definitely behind Boston and Toronto anyways, but they also just had a bad game from pretty much the entire team last night, which made the gap look even larger than it is.

I'm hopeful that Milwaukee is better than Philly this season too, but we'll see; I don't want to get ahead of myself with the Bucks but man, they looked incredible in the preseason.

Yeah, I still see Philly being top 3 in the East.

I think Giannis is better than anyone on Philly(or anyone else in the East) but even with their flaws Embiid and Simmons are absolute studs. Nobody else in the East has a better duo IMO.(maybe Lowry and Kawhi...we’ll see how they gel) I think that puts them right in the mix.

Lavar's been very quiet. I'm wondering if Lebron/Lakers gave him some bearer bonds so he can be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.

Lavar's been very quiet. I'm wondering if Lebron/Lakers gave him some bearer bonds so he can be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.

He knows with Lebron on the team he's one negative comment away from being shipped to Minnesota.

I’ll get bashed for this but Simmons is hugely overrated

I think he's pretty great right now, with potential to get better. But I also think that his jumpshot as it currently is is too big of a liability for Philly to have playoff success. Once we get to the point in the year where teams are really focusing on a gameplan specifically for your team, having a guy like Simmons that more than just being a bad shooter, literally will not attempt any shots, is something that teams will feast on IMO.

Awesome passer, especially for his size. Good finisher around the rim. Good defender. But he has to get his jumpshot to at least Giannis-levels of bad for Philly to have a chance in the playoffs IMO.

I think he's pretty great right now, with potential to get better. But I also think that his jumpshot as it currently is is too big of a liability for Philly to have playoff success. Once we get to the point in the year where teams are really focusing on a gameplan specifically for your team, having a guy like Simmons that more than just being a bad shooter, literally will not attempt any shots, is something that teams will feast on IMO.

Awesome passer, especially for his size. Good finisher around the rim. Good defender. But he has to get his jumpshot to at least Giannis-levels of bad for Philly to have a chance in the playoffs IMO.

Yep. He may average close to a triple double during the regular season, but once you hit the seven-game series, not being able to shoot becomes a lot more problematic.

Yeah, I still see Philly being top 3 in the East.

I think Giannis is better than anyone on Philly(or anyone else in the East) but even with their flaws Embiid and Simmons are absolute studs. Nobody else in the East has a better duo IMO.(maybe Lowry and Kawhi...we’ll see how they gel) I think that puts them right in the mix.

My only quibble is that I think Kawhi, if healthy, is better than Giannis. To win in title, you need someone that can lockdown (as much as one can) KD or Bron or Harden, etc. Kawhi is that person. His defense is incredible (not unearthing anything big).

Philly will win most games, I just don't think they are going to win a series against a Toronto or Boston. The rest of the east I'm not too keen on. We'll see how Milwaukee ends up doing.

I'm sure we'll have our lumps this season taking this many 3's, but damn do I love Budenholzer. It looks like a brand new team.

I'm sure we'll have our lumps this season taking this many 3's, but damn do I love Budenholzer. It looks like a brand new team.

I’m kinda ready to go back to walking the ball up the court, the “defense” chant rocking, dumping it into the post, kicking out when the double comes - playing inside out.

The amount of 3’s being jacked is starting to resemble a bad open gym run. Getting kinda boring to me.

This pace NY is playing at is dumb if it results in literally zero easy buckets

I’m kinda ready to go back to walking the ball up the court, the “defense” chant rocking, dumping it into the post, kicking out when the double comes - playing inside out.

The amount of 3’s being jacked is starting to resemble a bad open gym run. Getting kinda boring to me.

You learn to appreciate it when your team is filled with shooters that don't shoot lol

Check your NBA TV channels. Mine are all free for a preview.

This pace NY is playing at is dumb if it results in literally zero easy buckets
They just scored 49 points in the 2nd quarter which is an all time record for them. Of course it's against the Hawks who might not win a game this year.

They just scored 49 points in the 2nd quarter which is an all time record for them. Of course it's against the Hawks who might not win a game this year.
Yup spoke too soon
D has been amazing
I like the non beefy kanter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors