NBA 2018-2019 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I really gotta watch James Harden all year if I wanna watch Melo and MCW? Man I hate watching him.

Carmelo is done, IMO. He doesn’t even try to play D or block shots anymore. Or take more than a couple of dribbles. He’d rather attempt a weak strip/slapping of the ball against E’twaun Moore than blocking it or taking a charge. Harden and Capela are their best players by and I think CP3 will really regress this season.

MCW is competing. Has really worked on his body the past year or so.

Last edited:
Carmelo is done, IMO. He doesn’t even try to play D or block shots anymore. Or take more than a couple of dribbles. He’d rather attempt a weak strip/slapping of the ball against E’twaun Moore than blocking it or taking a charge. Harden and Capela are their best players by and I think CP3 will really regress this season.

MCW is competing. Has really worked on his body the past year or so.

MCW deserved more minutes than he got. Behind Harden and Capela he looked better than anyone else. Gordon was awful, CP3 meh. Melo- about time to hangem up.

Denver with a Bold strategy this season

Screenshot_20181018-054439.png

MCW deserved more minutes than he got. Behind Harden and Capela he looked better than anyone else. Gordon was awful, CP3 meh. Melo- about time to hangem up.

MCW was on a minutes restriction last night. I agree he played well. Also agree Melo was atrocious. If he continues to play like that, I’m not sure he lasts the season. Truly sad to see his lack of effort defensively. I would have hoped he’d show more effort at least in the first game.

Kobe-Dwight pt. 2 with Jimmy and KAT.

MCW was on a minutes restriction last night. I agree he played well. Also agree Melo was atrocious. If he continues to play like that, I’m not sure he lasts the season. Truly sad to see his lack of effort defensively. I would have hoped he’d show more effort at least in the first game.
It's early so can't conclude much but first glance MCW had a nice outing. He seems to be in a good spot. Does Melo think its 2010 and he doesn't have to do the grunt stuff to get minutes? How do you not show up energy wise in your first game?

It's early so can't conclude much but first glance MCW had a nice outing. He seems to be in a good spot. Does Melo think its 2010 and he doesn't have to do the grunt stuff to get minutes? How do you not show up energy wise in your first game?

Yeah, it was hard to watch. Especially in a debut like you said. Obviously his athleticism, ballhandling skills, etc., have eroded to the point where he basically is left to launch and/or take one dribble in and shoot. But, the other areas you can control. Not loafing up and down. Try on D. Maybe coming off the bench now just crushed his spirit. Regardless it’s not good. Hope he picks it up.

His just “loss of bounce” is cringey

His just “loss of bounce” is cringey

There was a play where he beat his guy off the dribble and had a step on him, but rather than explode to the basket, he stopped and pump faked a bunch of times...got fouled, but the guy probably didn’t have to foul him. Melo would’ve had a hard time finishing over him if he just contested. His legs look like they’re gone.

We’ll see though. He had some good games in the preseason.

Why are the Sixers starting Fultz in the first half, but not the second? I don’t get it? Stop being weird and leave the guy alone. The stupid angsty Philly fans being their usual stupid angsty selves by overreacting when he made a jumper. Again, leave the kid alone and be normal.

I think Portland will make the Playoffs. Lillard/McCollum/Stauskas can REALLY shoot it. Lots of size with the rotation of Nurkic/Zach Collins/Leonard. If they can get some decent play out of Aminu and Turner then they will be a pain in the ass to play, IMO.

I think Portland will make the Playoffs. Lillard/McCollum/Stauskas can REALLY shoot it. Lots of size with the rotation of Nurkic/Zach Collins/Leonard. If they can get some decent play out of Aminu and Turner then they will be a pain in the ass to play, IMO.
The west is just a grind, man.

I think he's pretty great right now, with potential to get better. But I also think that his jumpshot as it currently is is too big of a liability for Philly to have playoff success. Once we get to the point in the year where teams are really focusing on a gameplan specifically for your team, having a guy like Simmons that more than just being a bad shooter, literally will not attempt any shots, is something that teams will feast on IMO.

Awesome passer, especially for his size. Good finisher around the rim. Good defender. But he has to get his jumpshot to at least Giannis-levels of bad for Philly to have a chance in the playoffs IMO.

I love him too, but maybe I overrate him a little because he's just so much damn fun to watch, especially on the break.

Knicks; 81-1 or 82-0? We'll see

There was a play where he beat his guy off the dribble and had a step on him, but rather than explode to the basket, he stopped and pump faked a bunch of times...got fouled, but the guy probably didn’t have to foul him. Melo would’ve had a hard time finishing over him if he just contested. His legs look like they’re gone.

We’ll see though. He had some good games in the preseason.

He also tried to challenge Anthony Davis a few times and got rejected. Not a good result for most players but if you’re going to go up weak and try to lay it up then that’s a fail!

He also tried to challenge Anthony Davis a few times and got rejected. Not a good result for most players but if you’re going to go up weak and try to lay it up then that’s a fail!

Davis blocked his jumper once too. Melo was doing his moves to create space for a pull-up 15 footer from the wing-baseline area, and Davis just blocked it. That certainly hasn’t happened too many times to Melo.

Then again...it was Davis. Pretty much anyone else probably wouldn’t have gotten it.

Davis blocked his jumper once too. Melo was doing his moves to create space for a pull-up 15 footer from the wing-baseline area, and Davis just blocked it. That certainly hasn’t happened too many times to Melo.

Then again...it was Davis. Pretty much anyone else probably wouldn’t have gotten it.

Yeah I saw that jumper too. There was another one out by the three point line as well Davis got. Poor decision also because he’s wasting time and/or not moving the ball but, like you said, Davis is pretty much the only guy I think who could’ve gotten that. Davis is phenomenal.

Yeah I saw that jumper too. There was another one out by the three point line as well Davis got. Poor decision also because he’s wasting time and/or not moving the ball but, like you said, Davis is pretty much the only guy I think who could’ve gotten that. Davis is phenomenal.

This may be Davis’s first MVP year. With Cousins gone, he’s got nobody in his way for all numbers, basically. He’s got a decent team around him, and he’s at that point in his career where age wise and skill wise he’s just hitting his prime.

This may be Davis’s first MVP year. With Cousins gone, he’s got nobody in his way for all numbers, basically. He’s got a decent team around him, and he’s at that point in his career where age wise and skill wise he’s just hitting his prime.
Also... I feel like the buzz is indicating that people want to give him the award.

Also... I feel like the buzz is indicating that people want to give him the award.

There is kind of an opening. Lebron is the best player, but the Lakers probably won't be that good. (Though if they are near the top o the west he probably takes it) Harden just won it last year, odds he gets it again seem low. For better or worse, Durant and Steph probably cancel each other out.

I was just looking at Lebron's MVP history; it's incredible, the last time he didn't finish in the top 4 was 2007! He was 5th. He's been top 5 13 years in a row.

There is kind of an opening. Lebron is the best player, but the Lakers probably won't be that good. (Though if they are near the top o the west he probably takes it) Harden just won it last year, odds he gets it again seem low. For better or worse, Durant and Steph probably cancel each other out.

I was just looking at Lebron's MVP history; it's incredible, the last time he didn't finish in the top 4 was 2007! He was 5th. He's been top 5 13 years in a row.
My stealth MVP candidates are Kawhi and Freak.

My bold prediction is that HOU will struggle to make the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom