NBA 2018-2019 | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Magic has to know the Lakers weren’t getting any premiere FAs and didn’t want to have to sign LeBron’s people again in FA.

If the Lakers can’t get the Kemba Walker and Jimmy Butler types man the Lake Show is screwed.

Wait Jeanie not wanting to fire Luke Walton is why Magic quit?
OMG that is clown show.
Walton got screwed by the coach killer LeBron but Walton isn’t anything special as a HC.
Good god Jeanie you can love Walton and thank him but move on.

Lebrons last couple years haven’t smelled too well. No different than his last 2 years in Cleveland.

BRING BACK JERRY WEST!
Unless Jeanie will out bid a billionaire in Steve Ballmer I don’t see West going back.
Ballmer is allegedly paying West an obscene amount of money for his consulting role.

Holy Chit I just watched that Magic press conference that was amazing.
He wouldn’t shut up and was pretty much not making any sense. He was just rambling his frustrations and not holding back.

The best part was Magic kept calling Elton Brand “Eldin”. It was funny how he kept calling him Eldin and threw him under the bus like he didn’t know his name.

i predict the disappointment laker fans have been expressing in magic will quickly rebound and be directed at lebron, blaming him for magic's fall from grace

The Lakers catch a break here - Magics post playing career in basketball has been a debacle. Now they have to continue to help themselves by not - NOT - giving the job to Kobe, another ego maniac who's ego and greed put them in this position.

OMG that is clown show.
Walton got screwed by the coach killer LeBron but Walton isn’t anything special as a HC.

Why did Walton get screwed? As you say he's nothing special and has done almost nothing to show he's the right guy for the job or worth keeping around.

I think the LeBron coach killer rep is another one of the cliche things the people who don't like LeBron throw out there. He ran off Blatt but that guy was in over his head and then Lue coached them to a ring. Other than that I don't know which coach he's "killed".

The "GM LeBron" trainwreck narrative for his second run in Cleveland doesn't really make any sense either. Say LeBron really was the one calling all the shots during his last 4 years, what is the evidence that he wasn't the best GM Cleveland has ever had? In that scenario, if he was the GM, he built the team that went from one of the worst in the league over the prior 4 years to four straight NBA Finals and the first ring in franchise history.

The Lakers catch a break here - Magics post playing career in basketball has been a debacle. Now they have to continue to help themselves by not - NOT - giving the job to Kobe, another ego maniac who's ego and greed put them in this position.

I think this can be spun into a big positive for the Lakers as well. It became obvious around the league that people viewed the Lakers as a circus but now they have a chance to bring in a respected name and change the narrative and have a new start to sell to the big name free agents this summer. Not to even mention just having a guy who actually has a clue what he's doing will make instant improvements with their offseason decisions as well.

The pipe dream is Riley comes back to LA for one last chance at building a championship run before he retires now that the Wade era in Miami has closed. More realistic option I think is David Griffin who would be a really nice hire.

OMG that is clown show.
no, that may have been part of it. bill plaschke has a good synopsis of magic's ramblings
the news is that magic and pelinka did not get along & magic may have wanted to fire him, too

press row during the game last night: no journalists covering the game. after magic's impromptu press conference, he wandered through the tunnels continuing to expound on his feelings to anyone present, and the media couldn't resist

press row during the game last night: no journalists covering the game. after magic's impromptu press conference, he wandered through the tunnels continuing to expound on his feelings to anyone present, and the media couldn't resist

Why SHY, Greg Beacham?

I think this can be spun into a big positive for the Lakers as well. It became obvious around the league that people viewed the Lakers as a circus but now they have a chance to bring in a respected name and change the narrative and have a new start to sell to the big name free agents this summer. Not to even mention just having a guy who actually has a clue what he's doing will make instant improvements with their offseason decisions as well.

The pipe dream is Riley comes back to LA for one last chance at building a championship run before he retires now that the Wade era in Miami has closed. More realistic option I think is David Griffin who would be a really nice hire.

Zach Lowe mentioned Bob Myers as a possibility as well.

Masai? Gotta figure they call

Zach Lowe mentioned Bob Myers as a possibility as well.

Masai? Gotta figure they call

As much noise as there is about how Lakers are a mess it still is a really attractive opportunity. You have LeBron, cap flexibility, a lottery pick this June, young pieces, you’re in LA and it’s the Lakers. That’s enough to make most targets answer the phone at least.

As much noise as there is about how Lakers are a mess it still is a really attractive opportunity. You have LeBron, cap flexibility, a lottery pick this June, young pieces, you’re in LA and it’s the Lakers. That’s enough to make most targets answer the phone at least.

Oh yeah, they look like a clownshow right now, but it's still LA and its still the Lakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom