NBA 2018-2019 | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Lakers need to expand options beyond the family, much like SU should do in a couple of years

Man, this amazing video clip has been trending with D-Wade's final NBA game. I love that a bunch of the retweets using the #FreeMelo hashtag. It's also fun to see the discussion/banter on how much the NBA misses and needs Melo (he's still got something to give), how fans want him to get a deserved farewell tour, and how he's washed out and done. I'm a Melo guy through and through and I'm ridin' with him to the end!

Orlando-Toronto is the possible first round upset in the East.
In the West OKC over Portland.

Houston went from 2 seed to 4 seed with that loss to OKC on Tuesday.
Tough break for Utah they all but had Portland in the 4-5 game but they got Houston and then Golden State as a possible second round.

Miss Melo a lot. Wish he’d just take a farewell tour in DC or somewhere someone’s about to enter rebuild in.

Orlando-Toronto is the possible first round upset in the East.
In the West OKC over Portland.

Houston went from 2 seed to 4 seed with that loss to OKC on Tuesday.
Tough break for Utah they all but had Portland in the 4-5 game but they got Houston and then Golden State as a possible second round.

Houston better off playing Utah than OKC
Portland goes all out to lose on purpose, playing only 6 guys, no regulars..and somehow still wins.

The Jazz drafted Grayson Allen so that when Harden inevitably pulls his ref baiting bullshiz they can check Allen into the game to trip Harden, and injure himself because as lustrous as the beard is, it isn't quite thick enough to fully cushion the fall.

West bracket is really unbalanced.

I wouldn’t be surprised if SAS makes the WCF. All flawed teams on that side.
OKC-SA second round is realistic.
Houston as the 4 sucks.
Houston is only west team I could see beating Golden State.

East should have a lot of short series first round.
If Collinson doesn’t come back for Indiana we could have all 4 series go only 5 games.

Houston better off playing Utah than OKC
Portland goes all out to lose on purpose, playing only 6 guys, no regulars..and somehow still wins.
Portland didn’t want OKC which is stupid but they must hate the matchup,
All it did was screw Utah.
Utah would likely have beaten Portland.
Now Utah has to beat the best 2 teams in the West just to get to the WCF.
OKC had to beat Houston on Tuesday to avoid the 8 seed and it screwed Houston royally.

West bracket is really unbalanced.

I wouldn’t be surprised if SAS makes the WCF. All flawed teams on that side.
It's almost unfair that this is a 1st round matchup.

Vlade gotta be Vlade.
As the Kings turn.
I can’t believe the coach got fired via a Woj tweet before he found out from Vlade.

Vlade gotta be Vlade.
As the Kings turn.
I can’t believe the coach got fired via a Woj tweet before he found out from Vlade.
Wait, they fired their coach?

He was a big part of why they were getting better.

Woj knew before the coach.
Kings are a clown show organization.
That's so bad.

Also, maybe kinda a weird move on Woj's part?

Here I was thinking the Kings are maybe actually turning the corner, and then like you said, Vlade gonna Vlade.

I think Woj or someone else had said that Vlade and Joerger didn't really see eye to eye and that Vlade thought it took Joerger far too long to play Bagley, who Vlade was obviously very high on considering he took him over Luka at #2.

Not a Rovell fan (and I'm sure the numbers are a bit iffy), but thought this was interesting.

I think Woj or someone else had said that Vlade and Joerger didn't really see eye to eye and that Vlade thought it took Joerger far too long to play Bagley, who Vlade was obviously very high on considering he took him over Luka at #2.
Joerger butted heads with mgmt in Memphis as well. I'm a half-season ticket holder in Sac. Joerger was very popular with the fans but not so much with management or the players. I was expecting this and I believe he was as well based on last night's coaching performance... There was a turning point earlier in the season where he chewed out Buddy Hield for closing the gap against the warriors with a long 3 pt shot. Then Buddy passed on the game winner because of the incident moments earlier. IF we hire Luke I'm pissed; thought Joerger did a great job developing talent, horrific job in-game decisions - especially with lineups. Very happy that Vlade got the extension though, well deserved. Just hope he nails this coaching hire.

Not a Rovell fan (and I'm sure the numbers are a bit iffy), but thought this was interesting.
Baseball is dying a slow death.
The sport gets little buzz for people iin their 20s thru 40s.
It’s becoming too old.
NBA has the young demographic.

If baseball didn’t have the summer to themselves the sport would be in bigger trouble.

It’s 1. NFL...,....2.NBA.3.MLB...4.NHL

It’s becoming too old.

If baseball didn’t have the summer to themselves the sport would be in bigger trouble.

It’s 1. NFL...,...2.NBA.3.MLB...4.NHL

Basically because of smart phones, people have the attention spans of gnats.

Basically because of smart phones, people have the attention spans of gnats.
It’s true but also baseball has a pace of play issue.
It’s awful to sit and watch a full game on TV.
You just can’t. I mean I don’t watch a random NBA game either start to finish a lot of the time but the sport moves.

Baseball is just so slow and the players don’t do care to market the game either. The demo for baseball is over 50 white males or young kids.

Basketball has a more diverse audience and demo.

The players run the NBA also. In baseball I used to know the lineups for all the teams. Now I couldn’t name the managers of the Orioles and Blue Jays if you offered me a 1000 bucks and my team plays them 38 times.

Last edited:
It’s becoming too old.

It’s 1. NFL...,...2.NBA.3.MLB...4.NHL
NBA could go for the throat and move to a summer schedule.

NBA could go for the throat and move to a summer schedule.

I would very much be open to a January - June regular season, playoffs take us up to NFL preseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom