NBA 2018-2019 | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Kawhi was close to flawless tonight. Toronto/Milwaukee to get into the Finals likely isn't great for the NBA. :) But it's going to happen.

DeRozan just killing it tonight. :( At least Rudy Gay showed up.

All the Spurs, but specifically LMA, totally messed up that last possession by not fouling. Every coach is screaming for them to foul, Pop is on the court and the players should have known regardless!

With that said, Denver is the better team and a Portland/Denver series should be great. Jokic is legit.

All the Spurs, but specifically LMA, totally messed up that last possession by not fouling. Every coach is screaming for them to foul, Pop is on the court and the players should have known regardless!

With that said, Denver is the better team and a Portland/Denver series should be great. Jokic is legit.

I just don't understand how you even need the coach to tell you to foul there. What the hell was that??

Jokic though, what a great and fun player to watch

Pop is no Belichick.
He drills situational football into his players.

Pop is no Belichick.

I find it really hard to believe that guys who have in some cases played about one thousand NBA games at this point, not only didn’t realize that they should be fouling on their own, but also weren’t aware enough to bother looking to see what the coaching staff might be trying to tell them?

Just odd.

I find it really hard to believe that guys who have in some cases played about one thousand NBA games at this point, not only didn’t realize that they should be fouling on their own, but also weren’t aware enough to bother looking to see what the coaching staff might be trying to tell them?

Just odd.

Right. Maybe Pop waited a little too long to really tell them to foul, maybe it was really loud and they couldn't hear him, but like, LaMarcus Aldridge has been in the NBA since 2006. He shouldn't need to be told to foul in that situation. I have a little more sympathy for college kids, they are young, etc. These guys are pros!!

Also, Brian Anderson seemingly had no idea what was going on, he said the Spurs were out of fouls, and after Derozan didnt even get a shot off at the end he acted like it was a big deal.

The line I saw was Spurs +6. I'm not saying there's anything fishy going on (really, I'm not) but imagine having Nuggets -6 there.

Just odd.

Agree when you get to a certain level, it doesn't seem like you should need your hand held in a situation like that. It's basic strategy.

Pop is no Belichick.

Come on.

Pop is arguably the best coach in professional team sports in the US.

They have had about 22 straight playoff seasons in the dominant Western Conference and five titles.

The Spurs are the model teams want to emulate from top to bottom.

The Patriots are a dynasty, but they are in a division that has chronic incompetence and have the greatest QB of all time. You can straight up argue he’s the greatest football player of all time.

The Pats have made plenty of mistakes that shouldn’t have been. Is what it is. Pop shouldn’t even have to tell them to foul. The greatest coaches and players make mistakes. This was on the players.

Come on.

Pop is arguably the best coach in professional team sports in the US.

They have had about 22 straight playoff seasons in the dominant Western Conference and five titles.

The Spurs are the model teams want to emulate from top to bottom.

The Patriots are a dynasty, but they are in a division that has chronic incompetence and have the greatest QB of all time. You can straight up argue he’s the greatest football player of all time.

The Pats have made plenty of mistakes that shouldn’t have been. Is what it is. Pop shouldn’t even have to tell them to foul. The greatest coaches and players make mistakes. This was on the players.
I was just teasing.
Pop or Pat Riley are the best modern coach in NBA history.
I don’t think Phil Jackson is as good as either.

If Heyward plays this well the Celtics will beat the Bucks this series.
Plus Horford’s defense on Giannis has been insane:

If Heyward plays this well the Celtics will beat the Bucks this series.

This is impressive. Guess the Celts were just messing around in the regular season. But I have no doubt Milwaukee will show up better the rest of the series. But agree about your Heyward comment.

Boston looks like the best team in the NBA today.

I still think Toronto is the best team in the east (Lowe picked them), and I still think the Bucks can take this series, but the Cs have been like those early 00s Laker teams - turmoil through the regular season and then you remember they are awesome when they put it together.

Kawhi looked like the best player in the nba last night, too. Love the nba playoffs.

I still think Toronto is the best team in the east (Lowe picked them), and I still think the Bucks can take this series, but the Cs have been like those early 00s Laker teams - turmoil through the regular season and then you remember they are awesome when they put it together.

Kawhi looked like the best player in the nba last night, too. Love the nba playoffs.
Boston has more talent than Milwaukee.
The Bucks have the best player.
They need Brogdon back. He has to guard Kyrie. Drew Bledsoe and George Hill can’t stop Kyrie.
If Heyward plays like he did today though Boston will enough scoring on the second unit and will likely win this series.
Toronto is a team I feared more than Milwaukee just because the Celtics have only won 1 game in Toronto in the Brad Stevens Era(6 years)

If we assume Toronto beats Philly, and that may not be the case either, I would much rather face Boston than Milwaukee, even if Boston is an upward trend and is just as good.

Toronto has really struggled against Milwaukee this season, and matched up better in games against Boston.

Boston has more talent than Milwaukee.
The Bucks have the best player.
They need Brogdon back. He has to guard Kyrie. Drew Bledsoe and George Hill can’t stop Kyrie.
If Heyward plays like he did today though Boston will enough scoring on the second unit and will likely win this series.
Toronto is a team I feared more than Milwaukee just because the Celtics have only won 1 game in Toronto in the Brad Stevens Era(6 years)

If Bledsoe can’t guard Kyrie, nobody on the Bucks team can. He’s their best defender outside of maybe Giannis. Brogdon is nowhere near him defensively.

Brogdon is a big loss on the other end. Brown is an alright shooter but Brogdon is a great one and he can attack close outs unlike Brown.

Agree with everything else though. This is a really tough matchup for Milwaukee and literally everyone outside of George Hill played poorly today.

In any other scenario I’d root for anyone over GS at this point. But not sure I can do it.

Also, I didn’t like how they scapegoated Melo to take all the heat for their disappointing start. No integrity.

Go Warriors.

Yep. Agreed.

BTW, you know who should get Melo? The NYK after they sign KD and Kyrie and draft Zion.

One other thing TNT’s NBA coverage is so much better than ESPN/ABC.

Van Gundy and Jackson are stale as top broadcast team.