NBA 2018-2019 | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Even though he isn’t a Knick, Kawhi is my favorite player to watch.

He has taken it to a complete other level now. He's like one of the best iso players in the league now! Its unfathomable.

A bunch of times I've posted about what Arvydas Sabonis would've been like if he came over to the NBA in the 80s, in his prime, before he got hurt, etc. Pretty sure the answer is he'd basically be what Jokic is now. So, that's settled.

I’m cheerleading every Kawhi and Jimmy Butler stepback jumper that’s not a 3, while giving Melo and Kobe detractors the finger. Tired of hearing those friggin nerds who read a reddit post about the Rockets GM, talk about “the mid range jumper is a bad shot” the last 5 years of their careers.

Even though he isn’t a Knick, Kawhi is my favorite player to watch.

before he was hurt, i thought he was close to challenging lebron for best player in the league. after the injury, i had to put that thought on lay away.

now that he is clearly back . . . is it him, or durant? i say kawhi.

before he was hurt, i thought he was close to challenging lebron for best player in the league. after the injury, i had to put that thought on lay away.

If my Lakers can’t get him I hope he stays in Toronto.

And if he does, I hope KD goes to NY. And I hope there are some epic Toronto/NY playoff clashes with CNY located smack in the middle of both cities. Could realistically attend games in either direction.

I think Giannis is in the discussion.

The thing that hurts Kawhi is he ends up on the shelf a lot.

I think Giannis is in the discussion.

The thing that hurts Kawhi is he ends up on the shelf a lot.

“Load management”. SMH. 32-34 year old Mike playing all 82 every year at 38-39 mpg and 40+ in the playoffs would’ve shoved his patent leather 11’s up all these current stars’ asses. Sorry for hot take feel of post.

“Load management”. SMH. 32-34 year old Mike playing all 82 every year at 38-39 mpg and 40+ in the playoffs would’ve shoved his patent leather 11’s up all these current stars’ asses. Sorry for hot take feel of post.
It's kinda like the pitch count thing.

Pitchers get really sensitive about that. I read a story once about a pitching coach that was worried one of his starters was way too preoccupied with pitch count, and once he hit 100, started getting squirrely about wanting a reliever. Guy would come off the mound every inning and ask what he was at.

So the pitching coach one day records every pitch he makes in pre game, between innings and stuff, and after the 4th inning or something the pitcher comes off, and asks for his count, and the pitching coach says 215. And the starter is kind of in shock.

I wish I remembered the rest of that story. Dug myself a little hole there.

Pitchers get really sensitive about that. I read a story once about a pitching coach that was worried one of his starters was way too preoccupied with pitch count, and once he hit 100, started getting squirrely about wanting a reliever. Guy would come off the mound every inning and ask what he was at.

So the pitching coach one day records every pitch he makes in pre game, between innings and stuff, and after the 4th inning or something the pitcher comes off, and asks for his count, and the pitching coach says 215. And the starter is kind of in shock.

LMAO, I was so ready for the payoff.

MJ was playing more with the Wizards than guys do today lol. Mix of MJ being a freak of nature and it being a different era.

Agree with you on all counts. Giannis is knocking on the door, he’s coming for that top spot in the future.

I just think Kawhi’s defense puts him over the top of KD. Kawhi feels like he’s always in control, always.

On both ends of the floor. KD might be the greatest scorer of all time but Kawhi just feels like he’s owning the game on both ends.

Last edited:

"rectum? damn near killed 'im!"

Just saw the Celtics score. Hate them and the Sox. Rootin for the Bruins. It's weird

Harden is literally getting the **** kicked out of him every game this series.

Meh, I never liked ball hogs & gunners. Or whiners. I don't condone all the contact, but I don't feel badly about it either.

Meh, I never liked ball hogs & gunners. Or whiners. I don't condone all the contact, but I don't feel badly about it either.
Against anybody but the Warriors, id probably agree. Draymond, Steph and KD are always whining too.

Why would Durant want to play with Kyrie after playing with Curry? I hope the Knicks don’t go all in on Kyrie after what I’ve seen these playoffs. Not a smart play IMO.

Harden is literally getting the **** kicked out of him every game this series.
That's how the Jazz should have played him.

He's going to try and make it look like you're fouling him anyway. May as well make it count.

I hadn't seen Giannis much before today. Yikes.

The crazy thing is Boston is really making him work for it for the most part. A lot of his games are just basically dunk/euro step fests; Boston hasn't really given that up all that much in this series and he's still been pretty great overall.

Hope we can close it out in 5.

The crazy thing is Boston is really making him work for it for the most part. A lot of his games are just basically dunk/euro step fests; Boston hasn't really given that up all that much in this series and he's still been pretty great overall.

Hope we can close it out in 5.

Well, he's beating them at their own game, then. He's ahead in every play. They're gonna have to win it in five so he can get a break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom