NBA 2018-2019 | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I really don't get the officiating in the NBA tbh. I admit I hate Harden's style of play that is predicated on creating contact and drawing fouls, but if officials are going to call that I don't get how Steph did not get some calls yesterday where it was pretty evident he was hit when he was shooting or going to the basket. I'd much rather reward a player for getting fouled than to reward someone like Harden who is constantly looking for contact.

I really don't get the officiating in the NBA tbh. I admit I hate Harden's style of play that is predicated on creating contact and drawing fouls, but if officials are going to call that I don't get how Steph did not get some calls yesterday where it was pretty evident he was hit when he was shooting or going to the basket. I'd much rather reward a player for getting fouled than to reward someone like Harden who is constantly looking for contact.

Refs have always officiated Curry differently for some reason. He gets fouled both on and off the ball a ton.

I can't think of another player in my lifetime in the NBA who is so little of a household name but is as good as Nikola Jokic. I mean even I sometimes forget "is it Jovic or Jokic?" The guy averages freaking 20/11/7.

Bad defensively though

Props to the Bucks GM finding good depth for their bench.
They are the favorites to win it all IMO.
They are -500 to win game 5 so Vegas expects the Celtics to roll over.
Toronto doesn’t have a bench to beat them 4 of 7.
Philadelphia’s best player isn’t healthy.

Bucks vs. Houston/Golden State is the Finals.

It’s a 50:50 Finals. I think Milwaukee would beat Golden State as Draymond and Iguadala can’t stop Giannis defensively.
Houston actually is a tougher matchup for Milwaukee IMO because they take so many 3’s.

Jokic is a bigger Toni Kukoc. You can’t stop him offensively but his defense is atrocious.
That's a really interesting comparison.

Bad defensively though

I definitely wouldn't say he's good defensively, but he's improved enough where his offense vastly outweighs the defense. Players actually shot slightly worse when defended by him than their usual. That still makes him below-average for a center but he's not like Enes Kanter defensively where teams just feast on him.

Jalen Rose: “Kyrie’s Celtics teammates will help him pack.” Yikes.

Very good player. Looks like he needs to be your second best player to win it all though. Nothing wrong with that. Seems like he’s turned into a jerk the last few years though. I don’t go for the media running guys down and getting the narratives going with the fans, but if it’s true that the guy’s teammates don’t want him? That’s different.

Philly needs to get on the phone with New Orleans and ask them which one of Simmons/Embiid they want for AD.

Props to the Bucks GM finding good depth for their bench.
They are the favorites to win it all IMO.
They are -500 to win game 5 so Vegas expects the Celtics to roll over.
Toronto doesn’t have a bench to beat them 4 of 7.
Philadelphia’s best player isn’t healthy.

Bucks vs. Houston/Golden State is the Finals.

It’s a 50:50 Finals. I think Milwaukee would beat Golden State as Draymond and Iguadala can’t stop Giannis defensively.
Houston actually is a tougher matchup for Milwaukee IMO because they take so many 3’s.

While it's true that the Raptors bench is bad, I don't think it kills them if Lowey, Gasol and Green consistently contribute more... as an aside it went from really good young guns bench to bad, as Van Vleet sucks now, Wright was traded for Gasol, Poetel was traded for Leonard, and Anunoby is out again. Plus Siakam played some bench last year. Jeremy Lin has been totally useless, and the guards contribute nothing off the bench now.

I have Toronto 40/60 vs Milwaukee.

Loved what the TNT guys were saying about Embiid at halftime. I’m sure he’s sick and it sucks but bruh... dude is acting like he has the Ebola Virus.

In terms of Kawhi's "Load management", I think part of it is to guarantee himself of a large contract. I think once he gets that max deal I think it is possible he may play more.

I think the Raptors are about 50/50 to keep him. I think he is finally comfortable here, and I think it takes time for Kawhi to get comfy around people. That is an advantage. Winning is so-so, if he can hang around the Raps should have cap room to add Kawhi / Siakam in the offseason before the 2020/2021 season..

But the Clippers are a very attractive offer as well. Some solid young pieces and obviously home.

I don't think he will go anywhere else.

And BTW, this is the best playoff series I have ever seen, for a player on a team that I am a fan of..
Best Raptors player I’ve seen in a very very long time. Franchise altering if they get him signed...

One former teammate of Shaquille O’Neal has been in every NBA Finals since 1984.
This year there is only one former Shaq teammate still alive.
Danny Green-Toronto.

when is the last time you saw a team in a 2-2 series just completely no-show for game 5

Jokic is a bigger Toni Kukoc. You can’t stop him offensively but his defense is atrocious.
i don't see it. kukoc was wing player that could shoot. jokic is basically a center that plays point guard. jokic is 24. kukoc didnt play in the nba until he was 25.

Wait... I was told the rockets were going to get swept .. what happened ?

And that laughable take about D’antony doin Carmelo wrong ? Are you serious ? They gave him every chance .. even started him .. and they ssuuuuukkked... then they dumped him and suddenly we’re good again

Wait... I was told the rockets were going to get swept .. what happened ?

And that laughable take about D’antony doin Carmelo wrong ? Are you serious ? They gave him every chance .. even started him .. and they ssuuuuukkked... then they dumped him and suddenly we’re good again
Wasn't that a really small sample size? I don't disagree that he doesn't fit on the Rockets, or really any good team, but it's not like they tried too hard to "figure it out".

Is there any smoke to the Melo back to the Knicks with KD and co. rumor?

As a Syracuse fan, I feel cheated by his NBA time. He never had Championship level talent around him, except maybe the year the Nuggets made the WCF, and in the latter stages of his career, has a style that relies on him being a focal point of the offense while not being conducive to playing off others. He's just not efficient enough anymore to be a focal point and doesn't shoot the 3 well enough to play off others.

I wish he would've handled that first contract better to team up with Lebron/Wade... I wonder if he does too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom