NBA 2018-2019 | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

People are forgetting the Warriors are without Boogie. He would be really good in this matchup with Houston.
The Rockets being the 4 seed instead of the 2/3 actually helps them have a better chance against these Warriors.

As Boogie is a couple of weeks away from coming back if the Warriors advance/

denver and portland both swept the celts this year
View attachment 162506
The regular season sweeps mean nothing. The Suns swept the Bucks they wouldn’t beat them in a best of 7.
The Celtics would be favored over the Nuggets or Blazers.
The Bucks are that damn good.

People are forgetting the Warriors are without Boogie. He would be really good in this matchup with Houston.
The Rockets being the 4 seed instead of the 2/3 actually helps them have a better chance against these Warriors.

As Boogie is a couple of weeks away from coming back if the Warriors advance/

I’m not a big Boogie fan or anything but that was a huge bummer. As a basketball fan, I really wanted to see what that guy could do in big games.

Injuries are part of the game, but it especially sucks when it happens to star players in the playoffs.

Lol, memory like an elephant!!!

Denver and Portland are legit.

Denver is young but loaded. Portland has a legit argument as best backcourt in the league.
Boston would have been favored against either of those teams.
It’s not a knock on either of them.
Celtics are out but it’s not like they were upset they lost to the top seed in the league.
Playoff basketball is completely different than the regular season. You know back to backs and travel has a big impact on regular season matchups.

I honestly don’t have a problem with Lue. I know the “LeBron’s coach” thing gives him a bad rap, but I thought he did a good job and got the most out of those teams.

I have concerns about his health issues and what the high pressure Lakers job will do to it though. I don’t view him as a “must have” by any means and I was intrigued by Monty Williams. I won’t be heartbroken if we lose him, but if it’s over Kurt Rambis as an assistant? Come on. Let the guy pick his own staff and stop making a clown show out of everything.
I share your concerns about his health, especially under pressure, but also believe Lue sucks.

The regular season sweeps mean nothing. The Suns swept the Bucks they wouldn’t beat them in a best of 7.

I think Nuggets-Celtics is a pick em.

Boston as a slight favorite over Portland.

However, 4 seed Houston would be slightly favored over Boston IMO.

I always make the argument regular season means nothing so I agree there, but I still would take Portland and Denver over the C's.

I think Nuggets-Celtics is a pick em.

Boston as a slight favorite over Portland.

However, 4 seed Houston would be slightly favored over Boston IMO.
Before this round started I had Houston/Golden State/Milwaukee are the top 3 teams in any order.
Toronto 4th.
Philadelphia 5th.
Boston 6th
Denver 7th
Portland 8th.

Now Boston got its ass kicked and one of Portland-Denver was advancing.
I wish Denver/Portland well I would love one of them in the Finals.

Ainge needs to make some moves. Thus far for all the moves and accolades, his team is worse. He still owes McHale for KG because the rest of his moves are just noise.

Ainge needs to make some moves. Thus far for all the moves and accolades, his team is worse. He still owes McHale for KG because the rest of his moves are just noise.
It comes down to Kyrie.
If he resigns they will go hard after Anthony Davis.
If Kyrie leaves I could see them trading Heyward and Horford and rebuilding around Brown and Tatum.
I just want Rozier gone.

Before this round started I had Houston/Golden State/Milwaukee are the top 3 teams in any order.
Toronto 4th.
Philadelphia 5th.
Boston 6th
Denver 7th
Portland 8th.

Now Boston got its ass kicked and one of Portland-Denver was advancing.
I wish Denver/Portland well I would love one of them in the Finals.

I think that’s about right. I’d probably give a slight edge to Denver over Boston though. I just think they’ve been the better team this year. Their youth and fact they haven’t done anything with this group yet and Boston having made a run last year and having former champion Kyrie and veteran Horford scores them some points but at the end of the day I think Denver has flat out played better this year.

I think Portland has second round ceiling written all over them - hope I’m wrong because they’re easily the most likable team left IMO.

But they’re rock solid and I honestly like Lillard over Kyrie or any other Celtic so in a series I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they won. I’d have it like 56/44 in boston’s Favor going in.

GS looking focused right now!

Regardless of people being bored of them and some of their players seeming like jerks...they still play flat out incredible basketball to watch when they are on.

I have serious questions on why Max Kellerman gets paid for talking about basketball. What are his qualifications?

He’s a boxing guy and a bad, generic, nobody mid 90s rapper. Why is he trying to tell me something about hoops? If he was at the bar watching the game next to me, I’d give all his comments the brush off until he got the hint. Guarantee he jumps off the wrong foot when shooting a layup.

It's insane that Nene is in his 18th year. And his real first name Maybyner, is way cooler than Nene.

It's insane that Nene is in his 18th year. And his real first name Maybyner, is way cooler than Nene.

Ha. Good point. I remember when Nene and Nikolez(I won’t even attempt to not butcher his last name but it started with a T and he was the 5th pick), were the Nuggets promising young big guys when Melo joined the team.

Ha. Good point. I remember when Nene and Nikolez(I won’t even attempt to not butcher his last name but it started with a T and he was the 5th pick), were the Nuggets promising young big guys when Melo joined the team.
Tskitishvili. Man, my boys and I were in the club late one night after closing, we knew the bartender and they let us hang out after hours. skitish and his friend come over and talk to us. I shook hands with him, and asked, "You gonna help my boy Melo win a championship?" He smiled and said, "I vill"

Tskitishvili. Man, my boys and I were in the club late one night after closing, we knew the bartender and they let us hang out after hours. skitish and his friend come over and talk to us. I shook hands with him, and asked, "You gonna help my boy Melo win a championship?" He smiled and said, "I vill"

Haha. Great stuff.

I have serious questions on why Max Kellerman gets paid for talking about basketball. What are his qualifications?

He’s a boxing guy and a bad, generic, nobody mid 90s rapper. Why is he trying to tell me something about hoops? If he was at the bar watching the game next to me, I’d give all his comments the brush off until he got the hint. Guarantee he jumps off the wrong foot when shooting a layup.

He was a rapper?!

He was a rapper?!

I don’t want to go too hard because it was with his brother who passed away but...yeah.

But even back then he was rapping about boxing...not hoops. He’s not a hoops guy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom