NBA Draft Tonight | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

That's a great spot for Rak. Not expected to do much but go maximum effort for 10-12 minutes a game as a rookie,just be an effort guy and work on the glass. Chance to learn from the games best.

And if memory serves 2 straight years we have a guy drafted at 36.

If Rak stays healthy he'll be a solid NBA player...just needs the right opportunity.

I don't follow the NBA that closely...hopefully Cleveland is a good place for him.

RF2044 said:
No kidding. There's plenty of crap tossed around on this forum that gets me fired up.

You had every right to be. Rak's motor?!?!? Did that dude watch our team once last year?

Odd evaluation. His motor is fine. So is his size, weight, stength, athleticism, wingspan, stamina, and shot blocking prowess.

But you're right--we'll see.

Don't think it's that odd. Saw too many games over his career where he was invisible. He made huge strides on offense but he is a very weak defensive player. The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. If you can't defend they iso on you until you are outta the league.

Hope Love leaves now.

Leave the banging to Anderson V, Mosgov, Rak and Thompson and pick up some valid shooters.

Yes, I'm being biased Syracuse fan who really wants to find an NBA to really root for.

So happy for Rak ... could have gone earlier ... but at least he's with a playoff team (Cav's probably lose K-Love). When Tatum announced Rak to T-Wolves, I was like, nooooooooo. Then I remembered the Cavs had traded for the pick. Thank God. Great career at the 'Cuse and it's justice that he can go to a contender where he can learn and contribute.

Nice for C-Mack also. I was starting to question his decision to come out, which left his college team in a bit of a bind with bigs. But he went in the first round, so best of luck to him at his hometown team (Nets).

Last edited:
Don't think it's that odd. Saw too many games where he was invisible. He made huge strides on offense but he is a very weak defensive player. The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. If you can't defend they iso on you until you are outta the league.

Accurate observation for his first three years. You still feel that same way after last year? Honestly? Nah, not an accurate assessment. His lateral mobility is above average, and will enable him to defend just fine at the next level.

Hope Love leaves now.

Leave the banging to Anderson V, Mosgov, Rak and Thompson and pick up some valid shooters.

Yes, I'm being biased Syracuse fan who really wants to find an NBA to really root for.
You got it. Too bad Dion didn't work out there.

bpo57 said:
Don't think it's that odd. Saw too many games where he was invisible. He made huge strides on offense but he is a very weak defensive player. The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. If you can't defend they iso on you until you are outta the league.

His rebounding and points per game beg to differ. It's very hard to project his defense here in the zone vs the NBA game.

Disagree, watch the Baylor game from the 13-14 season.

Don't think it's that odd. Saw too many games over his career where he was invisible. He made huge strides on offense but he is a very weak defensive player. The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. If you can't defend they iso on you until you are outta the league.

Hard to play aggressive D when there's no reliable back up for you.

Rak showed that he can play D if you bothered to watch his Soph and Jr years. Last season he was handcuffed by the roster situation.

Who's ripping on McCullough???

For f#$% sake...

I'd say cuseguy calling the Nets "sad" right after picking McCullough, and bayside(I think, or was it ragman?) saying he did nothing borders on ripping on him. Lots of other replies unhappy that he went before Christmas.

No big deal, I don't get all worked up about this stuff. Just a curious reaction from many. I'm happy for both of our guys, personally.

Accurate observation for his first three years. You still feel that same way after last year? Honestly? Nah, not an accurate assessment.

He improved dramatically and I give him credit for that. It's a big step up in the NBA. I think you're overrating his talent compared to the rest of the league. 35 teams passed on him so I'm not the only one who thinks he is not a lock to have a long NBA career. You would think that with all of the busted NBA careers of guys that came out of SU that folks would be a little more circumspect with their predictions. All I read here three months ago how RC was a first round lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom