NBA Draft Tonight | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

The Rak commentary is absurdly positive. Every NBA beat writer/analyst is slobbering over the pick.

Agreed with pretty much everyone that he easily could've been picked in the 20's.

It's awesome to have multiple guys drafted. I know RAK will contribute right away. Chris may need some time to get healthy. I'm stoked for both of them. And it was great to see Jerami interviewed earlier. Drafts are always better with Orange.

I just don't get the hating on Chris. He made a good choice and got drafted. Both will get paid and represent Cuse. I hope he's as good of an embassador as Donte Greene was...even after he was crucified.

GO CUSE!!! I can go to bed now. My Sixers are going to screw up their picks anyway.

If Love peaces out, the Cavs big man rotation becomes Mozgov-Thompson-Varejao-Christmas, right? He could def get some run there.

If they lose Love they will add another veteran big or two. Always a few players that are attracted to playing with Lebron for fairly cheap.

Christmas will not be better than 5th or 6th big at the beginning of the year on the depth chart. They key for him is to simply make the team as there will certainly be guys that sign bigger guaranteed contracts that get the benefit of the doubt early on.

But with injuries and some of those guys losing a step, and Rak earning respect, he could certainly move up to an actual role by the middle of the year.

He improved dramatically and I give him credit for that. It's a big step up in the NBA. I think you're overrating his talent compared to the rest of the league. 35 teams passed on him so I'm not the only one who thinks he is not a lock to have a long NBA career. You would think that with all of the busted NBA careers of guys that came out of SU that folks would be a little more circumspect with their predictions. All I read here three months ago how RC was a first round lock.

I'm not overestimating his talent at all. I'm projecting based upon his physical attributes, which will enable him to have a 10+ year NBA career. Rak will be fine. We'll see about some of the guys chosen ahead of him as things play out.

Brooklyn just got a ridiculous steal. Pat Connaughton is going to be a very good rotation player in the NBA.

It's awesome to have multiple guys drafted. I know RAK will contribute right away. Chris may need some time to get healthy. I'm stoked for both of them. And it was great to see Jerami interviewed earlier. Drafts are always better with Orange.

I just don't get the hating on Chris. He made a good choice and got drafted. Both will get paid and represent Cuse. I hope he's as good of an embassador as Donte Greene was...even after he was crucified.

GO CUSE!!! I can go to bed now. My Sixers are going to screw up their picks anyway.
MOAR BIG MEN

Hard to play aggressive D when there's no reliable back up for you.

Rak showed that he can play D if you bothered to watch his Soph and Jr years. Last season he was handcuffed by the roster situation.

Yeah I bothered to watch those years - just not sure we watched the same games. He was very inconsistent at both ends of the floor those two years. Had and still has a tendency to pick up a lot of cheap fouls.

Really nice situations for both of our guys. Would have loved to see Rak go in the 1st, but Cleveland is going to need some end of the bench depth and Rak could actually make an impact there. He might have helped them in the finals.

For McCullough, the Nets loved him, and that matters. They want to see what he can become and will give him time to get healthy and develop. I see the Nets thinking - if you think McCullough heals and comes back as a big time college player projecting as a lottery pick, why not use a late 1st rounder on what you think that guy is going to become? I bet the Nets feel like they got a lottery talent.

That's a great spot for Rak. Not expected to do much but go maximum effort for 10-12 minutes a game as a rookie,just be an effort guy and work on the glass. Chance to learn from the games best.

And if memory serves 2 straight years we have a guy drafted at 36.
Yes, I think Jeremy went in that spot last year. But we've had a pretty nice string of 1st rounders too.

Go Canada. 2 more draft picks this year.

I'm not overestimating his talent at all. I'm projecting based upon his physical attributes, which will enable him to have a 10+ year NBA career. Rak will be fine. We'll see about some of the guys chosen ahead of him as things play out.
Varejao breaks down, plus some talk Cavs may trade him.

as a Syracuse fan, I'm thrilled with tonight

as a Knicks fan I want to throw up in my mouth a little bit
I've warmed up to Porzingus/Grant. Not much we could've done once Towns/Russell/Okafor went 1,2,3. Maybe Mudiay? Didn't really want Winslow or anyone else.

He improved dramatically and I give him credit for that. It's a big step up in the NBA. I think you're overrating his talent compared to the rest of the league. 35 teams passed on him so I'm not the only one who thinks he is not a lock to have a long NBA career. You would think that with all of the busted NBA careers of guys that came out of SU that folks would be a little more circumspect with their predictions. All I read here three months ago how RC was a first round lock.
34 teams passed on Dramond Green. And 35 passed on Jeremy Grant. No one past the top 10 picks is a "lock". So I don't see the point here.

He's a great kid who couldn't have had a better career at SU, even though he bloomed late offensively. He graduated in 3 years, conducted himself like a gentleman, and was and is an ambassador for the program off the court. And he can play. In todays NBA game, coaches go to smaller lineups ... and if Dramond Green can defend the post in small ball, I like Rak's chances to contribute as a rotation guy. So does Jay Bilas.

Andrew Harrison - 44th pick - way to develop that 5 star talent over 2 seasons, Cal you are the best, I want to play for you.

The Rak commentary is absurdly positive. Every NBA beat writer/analyst is slobbering over the pick.

Agreed with pretty much everyone that he easily could've been picked in the 20's.

Assuming he makes the team, I'm glad he didn't. Now he's on one of the NBA title favorites...which means he's an injury away from playing a big role, as we saw so much in the playoffs.

And conversely, with McCullough being younger, less developed, and coming off a major injury I'm glad he got that first round money and commitment because now he'll get a bit more time and chance to stick than he would've if he slipped to the 2nd round.

I think it worked out well for both of our guys.

I've warmed up to Porzingus/Grant. Not much we could've done once Towns/Russell/Okafor went 1,2,3. Maybe Mudiay? Didn't really want Winslow or anyone else.

We'll see about zinger and I like Grant. Glad Phil didn't give up a future first along with THJ for him.

for a min there I really thought we had Okafor, but then I remembered...Knicks

its a shame Philly is stupid and traded MickeyDubs. I was almost ready to officially move my fandom.

did Lithuanian Devin Brennan-McBride just get drafted?

nba_g_gudaitis1x_412x232.jpg

Last edited:
Andrew Harrison - 44th pick - way to develop that 5 star talent over 2 seasons, Cal you are the best, I want to play for you.

Will you send me screen shots of your bank account? I won't go to the media. I, umm, promise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom