NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Doncic falling to 4, I just don't get it.

Seth Davis quoted a scout in the athletic saying Ayton was the second best player he ever scouted. What the hell??

Some people have basically said that he's Joel Embiid with a clean bill of health. Also possible that scout hasn't been around all that long haha.

Doncic falling to 4, I just don't get it.

Seth Davis quoted a scout in the athletic saying Ayton was the second best player he ever scouted. What the hell??
LOL no way he is better than LeBron and Oden/Durant had crazy hype.

I think it would be Mem/Sac/Clippers picks and Rozier they are willing to move.

Unless he actually slides to the Grizzlies at #4, I doubt future picks + Rozier is enough to get up that high but we'll see. No doubt it would be amazing to add Doncic to that team.

I am hearing Ainge wants Doncic and is willingly to move his future currency to get him.

To trade him for Kawhi?

I have a feeling there's going to be some big trades Thursday.

Givony had a great tweet earlier this week. Doncic stock keeps falling as he doesn't have the opportunity to play 1 on Zero like the rest of the top guys.

To trade him for Kawhi?

I have a feeling there's going to be some big trades Thursday.
If the Celtics got Doncic I bet Danny offers Kyrie for Leonard straight uP.

If the Celtics got Doncic I bet Danny offers Kyrie for Leonard straight uP.

How do the Celts play Kawhi and Hayward at the same time?

I hate the idea of not figuring out how much Hayward could give us without giving away the farm first.

I hate the idea of not figuring out how much Hayward could give us without giving away the farm first.

They'll play together. It's the small ball era.

I don't think that's the question so much as how do you play Hayward, Kawhi, Tatum, AND Jaylen all the minutes they will want. It's possible to make it work with 3 guys like that but there's a good chance someone ends up being very unhappy if you have all 4 of them, and Doncic should be slotted in as a wing as well so that's 5 guys that you gotta find minutes for between 2 or 3 spots in the lineup.

Some people have basically said that he's Joel Embiid with a clean bill of health. Also possible that scout hasn't been around all that long haha.

He said he was #2 behind Lebron.

I don't hate Ayton, but his # in college aren't super overwhelming. I like looking at some of the secondary stats, they seem to be a decent indicator. Per 40 min, Ayton averaged 0.7 steals , 2.3 blocks, and 1.9 assists.

As a point of reference, Embiid averaged 1.5 steals, 4.5 blocks, and 2.3 assists. Literally twice as many blocks and steals. Anthony Davis, who is probably my pick for best prospect since Lebron, was 1.7 steals, 5.8 blocks, and 1.6 assists. (So Ayton does have him on assists!)

Rozier, Brown, Kawhi, GH, Horford

Tatum
Smart
?Morris?
Ojeleye
Nader
Baynes
“?Monroe?

L o v e it.

Though id rather keep kyrie and the gang intact than trade for kawhi.

He said he was #2 behind Lebron.

I don't hate Ayton, but his # in college aren't super overwhelming. I like looking at some of the secondary stats, they seem to be a decent indicator. Per 40 min, Ayton averaged 0.7 steals , 2.3 blocks, and 1.9 assists.

As a point of reference, Embiid averaged 1.5 steals, 4.5 blocks, and 2.3 assists. Literally twice as many blocks and steals. Anthony Davis, who is probably my pick for best prospect since Lebron, was 1.7 steals, 5.8 blocks, and 1.6 assists. (So Ayton does have him on assists!)

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't even think Ayton is the best prospect in this class haha. I do think he's a good one though; I also think teams are brushing those secondary stats aside due to the fact that he played PF at Arizona while he'll be a center in the NBA. People blame his lackluster defense on the fact that he had completely different responsibilities in college than he'll have in the NBA and probably partially blame the assist numbers on a lack of spacing around him (I've also seen reports that he's been putting in a lot of work on passing out of the post during the draft process).

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't even think Ayton is the best prospect in this class haha. I do think he's a good one though; I also think teams are brushing those secondary stats aside due to the fact that he played PF at Arizona while he'll be a center in the NBA. People blame his lackluster defense on the fact that he had completely different responsibilities in college than he'll have in the NBA and probably partially blame the assist numbers on a lack of spacing around him (I've also seen reports that he's been putting in a lot of work on passing out of the post during the draft process).

Yeah I agree he's a good prospect, so I don't want it to be like I'm killing him. I just found that scout quote ridiculous. And I think the idea of anyone but Doncic going first is crazy as well.

Smoke. I hope.

If it means losing Kyrie, I do not want Doncic.

If it means losing Brown, I do not want Porter.

I don't think that's the question so much as how do you play Hayward, Kawhi, Tatum, AND Jaylen all the minutes they will want. It's possible to make it work with 3 guys like that but there's a good chance someone ends up being very unhappy if you have all 4 of them, and Doncic should be slotted in as a wing as well so that's 5 guys that you gotta find minutes for between 2 or 3 spots in the lineup.

Great point. Too many small forwards. Kawhi has some beef, but the rest are a bit small, tending more toward SG size. At some point we need some beef.

Great point. Too many small forwards. Kawhi has some beef, but the rest are a bit small, tending more toward SG size. At some point we need some beef.
Think brown and tatum will each beef up a bit, they’re still college aged

Think brown and tatum will each beef up a bit, they’re still college aged

Brown's been out for a bit. I could see him sticking at this size. He's strong already, and any additional weight may take away some of his explosiveness, which we do not want.

Agreed on Tatum.

Smoke. I hope.

If it means losing Kyrie, I do not want Doncic.

If it means losing Brown, I do not want Porter.

Agree on Brown.
How likely do you think it is Kyrie leaves next summer?

Agree on Brown.
Not likely.
The media overblew his comments.
All he said is he isn’t signing this summer which would cost him 80 million dollars.
He will sign next summer when offered the max. He also isn’t going to say what I. Thomas did and watch himself get shipped out of town.

As long as Kyrie isn’t traded he will sign a max deal with Boston for 5 years around 180 million.

Agree on Brown.
Think its 70/30 he stays. New York’s been his dream but they need to get some pieces in place before its a realistic destination.

If you're pretty sure Kyrie is gonna stay, then I can see not moving him for Doncic. Though honestly, I could see Doncic being better in like 2 years. But maybe you win a title in the next 2 years

If you're pretty sure Kyrie is gonna stay, then I can see not moving him for Doncic. Though honestly, I could see Doncic being better in like 2 years. But maybe you win a title in the next 2 years
Kyrie, when healthy, borders MVP type production if not for Lebron’s psycho production

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom