NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

I'd rather have Doncic over Kyrie. I'm pretty concerned about his health tbh.

New DX mock:

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - JJJ
4. Grizz - Doncic
5. Mavs - Bamba
6. Magic - Wendell
7. Bulls - Porter
8. Cavs - Shai G-A
9. Knicks - Knox
10. 76ers - Mikal Bridges
11. Hornets - s e xton
12. Clippers - Trae Young
13. Clippers - Jerome Robinson
14. Nuggets - Miles Bridges
15. Wizards - Lonnie Walker
16. Suns - Aaron Holiday
17. Bucks - Zhaire Smith
18. Spurs - Robert Williams
19. Hawks - Huerter
20. Wolves - DiVicenzo
21. Jazz - Troy Brown
22. Bulls - Okobo
23. Pacers - Melton
24. Blazers - Okogie
25. Lakers - Grayson Allen
26. 76ers - Dzanan Musa
27. Celtics - Bates-Diop
28. Warriors - Wagner
29. Nets - Hutchison
30. Hawks - Brunson

NBA mock draft: Latest intel, risers and fallers

Grayson Allen is the one player I do not want at all costs. I can’t root for that guy.

The only Laker I ever flat out disliked was Sasha Vucejfbdjcic. Rick Fox was borderline in some seasons.

No Grayson.

Kyrie, when healthy, borders MVP type production if not for Lebron’s psycho production

I am probably a little more down on Kyrie (i think he's very good, but he's too much of a defensive liability to be a legit MVP type guy; next level down though I can see) and way higher on Doncic (i'm kinda in love with him)

Grayson Allen is the one player I do not want at all costs. I can’t root for that guy.

The only Laker I ever flat out disliked was Sasha Vucejfbdjcic. Rick Fox was borderline in some seasons.

No Grayson.

I’d guess LA likely trades that pick anyways

Man -- couldn't disagree more with that take [and we are usually on the same page]. This foundation was set in place and was a successful formula even BEFORE Tim Duncan arrived. David Robinson set the tone you describe above, which induced others to buy into Pop's style of play and embrace defense -- when the team's best player buys in and takes direction, the rest of the team follows suit. Robinson was a rarity -- a superstar caliber player who could take being coached hard [maybe it was his military background, maybe that he was a no-frills type of player]. But being more concerned with winning and putting the team first set the tone.

I certainly agree that Duncan was cut from the same cloth, and had many of the same character / personality traits that Robinson exhibited. But it wasn't just Duncan, it didn't start with him, and it wasn't a "secret elixir."

Not winning the championship every year doesn't = "magic was gone." Very few teams could lose their best player and still win 55+ games every year. The culture of the organization and front office [to say nothing of coaching] are unique to the NBA, and have set that franchise apart in terms of sustainable, systemic consistency.
yeah, i disagree with the idea that it was "a duncan thing." and it wasn't just robinson and duncan - ginobli & parker exhibited the same characteristics.

but it may be a generational thing, and it may no longer be possible to find enough guys like that to build a core

Send Kawhi east. They need to balance the power and stop the West’s 20 year dominance.
it'll never happen if he won't sign with a non-major market team, but atlanta has 4 of the top 34 picks and kent bazemore for a salary match.
bazemore, and picks 3, 30 and 34 would not be a bad deal for s.a.

Last edited:
imo, it's nearly impossible to overpay for a talent like kawhi leonard

If he's healthy and he'll re-sign long term, then you have to consider that Kawhi Leonard is on par with KD and Steph in the "not LeBron" tier and I'd argue he IS the #2 player in the NBA and you do everything you can to get him.

I still think there is a shot he stays with SAS. If not, the Spurs need to pull in a haul for him. I don't care what people say about his trade value tanking. If SAS holds onto him through the year, there will be a team that is competing as a 2-3 seed and thinks Kawhi can put them over the edge to win a title (or get to the Finals) and will convince themselves that they can convince him to stay (PG13 in OKC, for example, which is looking like he may do a 1 and 1 with them).

I cannot believe Boston, if they view Kawhi as 100% healthy, would not try to get him. Kawhi is better than every single player they have.

Only thing I can see on draft night is if the Spurs are absolutely in love with Luka, and he falls to #3 or #4, I can see them pulling the trigger (whether it's that crazy 4-teamer or something else).

BTW - any Knicks fans want to weigh in on Knox versus Sexton?

I love Sexton's fire, but having two guards that can't shoot threes seems like a big risk (even though it seems like Sexton's shooting will improve).

DraftExpress also reporting that there’s a strong chance Michael Porter will sit out his first season.

BTW - any Knicks fans want to weigh in on Knox versus s e xton?

I love s e xton's fire, but having two guards that can't shoot threes seems like a big risk (even though it seems like s e xton's shooting will improve).

I’m guessing the Knicks want Sexton but I think he’ll go to Orlando unless Bamba is still on the board there. I think he and Frank could play really well off each other honestly and it seems possible that both will develop into at least solid shooters.

Not really sure what to make of Knox. Feels kinda similar to Tobias Harris IMO

BTW - any Knicks fans want to weigh in on Knox versus s e xton?

I love s e xton's fire, but having two guards that can't shoot threes seems like a big risk (even though it seems like s e xton's shooting will improve).

Those are basically the two guys I absolutely don't want

If I'm the Knicks, my big board of realistic choices at 9 would be:

1. Bamba/Jaren Jackson if one of them happens to slide
2. Trae Young
3. Sexton
4. Zhaire Smith
5. Robert Williams

but that's just me

If I'm the Knicks, my big board of realistic choices at 9 would be:

1. Bamba/Jaren Jackson if one of them happens to slide
2. Trae Young
3. s e xton
4. Zhaire Smith
5. Robert Williams

but that's just me

yeah if either Bamba or Jackson falls, that would be a steal at 9. I would probably also take Wendell Carter iif he were there, I'd have him behind Young. I could also talk myself into Mikael Bridges

Dwight Howard traded to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov and two 2nd round picks.

I believe this allows Charlotte to duck under the luxury tax while it allows Brooklyn to sign two max free agents next year.

Gonna need someone to explain this Dwight trade to me.

The luxury tax is the only thing that makes any sense. Charlotte gets a worse player for an extra year for 2 seconds??

Its the first domino, thats all it is.

Gonna need someone to explain this Dwight trade to me.

The luxury tax is the only thing that makes any sense. Charlotte gets a worse player for an extra year for 2 seconds??

Yes, it's the luxury tax and the draft picks, and also Kupchak is the one that signed Mozgov to this huge deal to begin with; it seems he just likes him for some reason.

It also clears up minutes for Zeller/Kaminsky.

Yes, it's the luxury tax and the draft picks, and also Kupchak is the one that signed Mozgov to this huge deal to begin with; it seems he just likes him for some reason.

It also clears up minutes for Zeller/Kaminsky.

The thing is; they don't need to get under the tax until Feb right? I just feel like there had to be another way

The thing is; they don't need to get under the tax until Feb right? I just feel like there had to be another way
They could have but they were like $8 mil over so it's not super easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom