NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Smart isn’t going to be getting any better ...he is what he is ..
He’s good. Can take over quarters with his physicality and effort.

For whatever it's worth, some radio host in Boston was saying yesterday that 5Dimes (a gambling site for those of you that are not degenerates) had odds on Kawhi going to Phoenix go from like +1700 to -100 in a span of 20 minutes based on how much money was pouring in on Phoenix. The same guy also said that the belief is that Kawhi would sign long-term in Phoenix and that they're prepared to send the #1 pick AND Josh Jackson for him, and also mentions that the Spurs value Jackson alone more than anything the Lakers can offer.

For whatever it's worth, some radio host in Boston was saying yesterday that 5Dimes (a gambling site for those of you that are not degenerates) had odds on Kawhi going to Phoenix go from like +1700 to -100 in a span of 20 minutes based on how much money was pouring in on Phoenix. The same guy also said that the belief is that Kawhi would sign long-term in Phoenix and that they're prepared to send the #1 pick AND Josh Jackson for him, and also mentions that the Spurs value Jackson alone more than anything the Lakers can offer.
Why would Kawhi go there?!

He’s good. Can take over quarters with his physicality and effort.

I didnt say he wasnt good, I said he's not going to get better. this isn't baseball where you have a 5/6 year curve to peak performance

Why would Kawhi go there?!
No clue. I mean, at this point, we've now heard that Kawhi wants to play in LA or NYC but also that he thought the spotlight was too bright in San Antonio and wants to go somewhere where he won't garner much attention, so I'm not really sure that Kawhi actually knows what Kawhi wants/if Kawhi is even calling the shots.

I didnt say he wasnt good, I said he's not going to get better. this isn't baseball where you have a 5/6 year curve to peak performance
He’s 24, he could certainly improve and see a role expansion.

Smart isn’t going to be getting any better ...he is what he is ..

If he gets better with his shot selection, that's literally all I'd need him to do. He gets dumb too often and tries to go hero ball. Not his role. He's the scrappy defender who can cover LeBron to PGs.

Yep. The back story to all of this is kind of crazy (if all the rumors are true).

Basically Kawhi's new agent is working with his uncle and some nyc real estate mogul who bought up some parts of another agency that folded and wants to make Kawhi his centerpiece in a large market (pitch being that there can be money to be made outside of bball with his connections).

I think Kawhi already owns real estate in NYC and it's tied to this situation.

One other note, I think I'm piecing together what I've read (some articles, some reddit), but I think Kawhi's old agent is suing his current agent.
Nothing shady there. At all.

I wouldn't really take the following seriously, but it's so crazy that I felt like it would be fun to discuss...take it with multiple grains of salt, but there's a Cavs message board with a section behind a paywall where a guy has called a few of their trades in the past and he's saying they're working on a 4 team trade that would be absolutely bonkers:

Cavs get: Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Nic Batum, Marvin Williams, either Dwight Howard or Pau Gasol

Spurs get: #4 pick, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic

Hornets get: #8 pick

Memphis gets: Kevin Love, 11th pick

and the other 3 teams in there would be receiving a bunch of contracts to make financials work, like George Hill and Tristan Thompson for example. He says that the Spurs are more or less on board with it but they want to see if they can convince Boston to part with Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum first.

I wouldn't really take the following seriously, but it's so crazy that I felt like it would be fun to discuss...take it with multiple grains of salt, but there's a Cavs message board with a section behind a paywall where a guy has called a few of their trades in the past and he's saying they're working on a 4 team trade that would be absolutely bonkers:

Cavs get: Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Nic Batum, Marvin Williams, either Dwight Howard or Pau Gasol

and the other 3 teams in there would be receiving a bunch of contracts to make financials work, like George Hill and Tristan Thompson for example. He says that the Spurs are more or less on board with it but they want to see if they can convince Boston to part with Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum first.
Yeah I was going to say, there's way too little money going out of the Cavs in that scenario. Maybe the Spurs and George Hill reunite?

Memphis doesn’t do that unless somebody takes Parsons off them.
Kevin Love isn’t enough for them to go down 7 picks.

Boston isn’t offering Brown now.

I am 100% in for this being an actual trade.

I am 100% in for this being an actual trade.
If Pop does that deal I think he is selling Kawhi low.
Fultz/10th pick/Saric would interest me more.
Assume Ayton/Bagley/Doncic are the first 3 picks you are dealing for the 4th pick which is good not great and they aren’t getting a young prospect in the deal. Fultz isn’t a total bust he was hurt.

Memphis doesn’t do that unless somebody takes Parsons off them.
Kevin Love isn’t enough for them to go down 7 picks.

Boston isn’t offering Brown now.

Yeah, I assume Parsons is involved somehow.

Again, a trade of this magnitude is almost certainly not going to actually happen, but I figured it'd be a fun discussion anyways.

I never realized until now how badly I want to see JR Smith and Dwight Howard on the same team.

Wow

New DX mock:

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - JJJ
4. Grizz - Doncic
5. Mavs - Bamba
6. Magic - Wendell
7. Bulls - Porter
8. Cavs - Shai G-A
9. Knicks - Knox
10. 76ers - Mikal Bridges
11. Hornets - Sexton
12. Clippers - Trae Young
13. Clippers - Jerome Robinson
14. Nuggets - Miles Bridges
15. Wizards - Lonnie Walker
16. Suns - Aaron Holiday
17. Bucks - Zhaire Smith
18. Spurs - Robert Williams
19. Hawks - Huerter
20. Wolves - DiVicenzo
21. Jazz - Troy Brown
22. Bulls - Okobo
23. Pacers - Melton
24. Blazers - Okogie
25. Lakers - Grayson Allen
26. 76ers - Dzanan Musa
27. Celtics - Bates-Diop
28. Warriors - Wagner
29. Nets - Hutchison
30. Hawks - Brunson

NBA mock draft: Latest intel, risers and fallers

Agreed on Griz, if they move down somebody is eating that Parson's contract. They will spin it as they liked they guy they moved down for best, etc but they really need to get rid of the Parson's $$, awful awful signing. Awful. Shocked the GM there still has a job

New DX mock:

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - JJJ
4. Grizz - Doncic
5. Mavs - Bamba
6. Magic - Wendell
7. Bulls - Porter
8. Cavs - Shai G-A
9. Knicks - Knox
10. 76ers - Mikal Bridges
11. Hornets - s e xton
12. Clippers - Trae Young
13. Clippers - Jerome Robinson
14. Nuggets - Miles Bridges
15. Wizards - Lonnie Walker
16. Suns - Aaron Holiday
17. Bucks - Zhaire Smith
18. Spurs - Robert Williams
19. Hawks - Huerter
20. Wolves - DiVicenzo
21. Jazz - Troy Brown
22. Bulls - Okobo
23. Pacers - Melton
24. Blazers - Okogie
25. Lakers - Grayson Allen
26. 76ers - Dzanan Musa
27. Celtics - Bates-Diop
28. Warriors - Wagner
29. Nets - Hutchison
30. Hawks - Brunson

NBA mock draft: Latest intel, risers and fallers
Okobo won't make it past the Jazz at 21, I think.

Okobo won't make it past the Jazz at 21, I think.

He's been my realistic target at 17 this whole time too but I never thought Zhaire Smith and Robert Williams would be available.

I am hearing Ainge wants Doncic and is willingly to move his future currency to get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom