NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Doc traded his son?

I saw Rachel Nichols on twitter point out Doc no longer has control over player moves.

Trade is interesting, at first I thought Rivers has 2 years left, but he has one, same as Gortat. So the Wiz save a few bucks, but they also lose their starting C, and get a guy to back up their 2 best players. Def leads you to think Jordan may be out in LA

What can Milwaukee really offer? Middleton and Maker and a couple picks? That can't possibly get anything done and their depth is already iffy.

Middleton, Jabari, Bledsoe, Maker, Brogdon, DiVincenzo...some sort of combination of that. This would only work if Boston and Philly aren’t motivated to make the move though.

Last edited:
Clippers trade A. Rivers to Wizards for Gortat Clippers trade A. Rivers to Wizards for Gortat
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Trade isn't super interesting, but what it might mean for DeAndre Jordan kinda is.

I think it was pretty safe to assume based on the reports that DeAndre could opt in and facilitate a trade that he’s done in LA one way or another. Just a matter of its by trade or signing. It’ll be interesting to see where he winds up. I thought Washington was a good match but the Rivers trade probably crosses them off the list.

I saw Rachel Nichols on twitter point out Doc no longer has control over player moves.

Trade is interesting, at first I thought Rivers has 2 years left, but he has one, same as Gortat. So the Wiz save a few bucks, but they also lose their starting C, and get a guy to back up their 2 best players. Def leads you to think Jordan may be out in LA
Reading the tea leaves I think this sets up Dwight to the Wiz.

Idk, I have a hard time imagining the Wizards trading a Center because he didn’t get along with Wall and then bringing in a Center that notoriously doesn’t get along with anyone.

I see Demarcus Cousins going to Washington more likely.
He and Wall are close.
As Jordan is rumored to be Dallas target.

He and Wall are close.
So you're envisioning a sign and trade for Porter Jr.?

He and Wall are close.

Just randomly thought of this because you posted about both of them but I’m still cracking up at Carmelo calling Jordan “Jimi Hendrix” and even moreso calling Cousins “Othella Harrington”. Lmao.

If LeBron stays in Cleveland then he is all about family.

As the Cavs wouldn’t win the East next year.

“Unwilling to be a #2”...uhh, when? He was always clearly the best player and scorer on his team until last season.

Unless you’re talking about with Iverson? I doubt it, because they both scored 26-27 ppg on the best shooting percentages of their careers in their time together. I’m honestly stumped on that criticism. He was a #1 on 10 straight playoff teams, a WCF team that was a few screwed up inbounds plays away from the finals, and a 54 win Knicks team. Yes...winning 54 with that franchise is a big deal. The reality is he played with like 4 guys who had an all star season in that entire run. The bench of his BEST Nuggets team was Anthony Carter, Kleiza, JR, and Birdman. Lol.

As for unwilling to settle for a different role...he stood in the corner and jacked 3’s when it swung to him the last 5 months of last season because that’s what they wanted him to do. The “Melo sacrificing” narrative was talked about often by OKC last year. Sure, he questioned it after the year. Was he wrong though?

Reduced role is one thing...you can do that while still using him to his strengths. He’s not solely a stand still spot up shooter. Not sure if it’s more Donovan’s or Westbrook’s fault, but that offense has been kinda disjointed for awhile now. Even in KD’s last year when they were on the brink of the finals it was a “My turn”, “your turn” offense.

How about in Chicago behind Rose. Would've had to sacrifice being the #1 and not getting an extra year on his deal in exchange for going to what was a far better team? Chose to be miserable on a garbage team instead.

I think the Wizards can work it out.
Cousins makes sense there.

This is my favorite rumored deal of the offseason. Really helps both teams if Boogie can get back to even 90% and they only go up to like 3 for $75 eith him.

Narrative. The boards favorite word. It doesn't take a great deal of thinking to see that him rejecting the Nuggets extension and being unwilling to sign anywhere outside of Knicks/Nets forced a deal there. I know Carmelo is as sacred as JB and above any criticism but the way he plays the game prohibits a team from winning anything. He was unwilling to be a #2 and wasn't good enough to be a #1 on a team going anywhere.

Heck of a career but it is what it is. He's still at this point too entitled and unwilling to settle for a role that would be best for his team.
Eh he took the knicks and beat boston’s big three. He was good enough to lead a contender for years. He was just never granted the support d wade, lebron and kd received.

How about in Chicago behind Rose. Would've had to sacrifice being the #1 and not getting an extra year on his deal in exchange for going to what was a far better team? Chose to be miserable on a garbage team instead.

In 2014? He was better than Rose by then.

That one is always funny to me...people say he should’ve went to Chicago to “win”...and then Rose and Noah were on his team in NY two years later. They were hurt and washed. Granted, Chicago had Butler too. But they weren’t winning anything.

Teaming with Rose would be different than teaming with Amare, how?

Eh he took the knicks and beat boston’s big three. He was good enough to lead a contender for years. He was just never granted the support d wade, lebron and kd received.

Agree 100%, he was clearly a #1 guy for a bunch of years without a #2 or #3. He's taking a beating now because he's opting in on the $ he is owed while his game has definitely diminished, it happens to everyone. I wish people would just get the F off his back. My god.

In 2014? He was better than Rose by then.

That one is always funny to me...people say he should’ve went to Chicago to “win”...and then Rose and Noah were on his team in NY two years later. They were hurt and washed. Granted, Chicago had Butler too. But they weren’t winning anything.

Teaming with Rose would be different than teaming with Amare, how?

He came into the league with lebron, wade and bosh. Each of them at some point sacrificed money and stats in order to win. Each of them now has 2 or 3 rings. Carmelo has made it his priority to get every dollar possible in every situation and it shows. That's just reality.

He came into the league with lebron, wade and bosh. Each of them at some point sacrificed money and stats in order to win. Each of them now has 2 or 3 rings. Carmelo has made it his priority to get every dollar possible in every situation and it shows. That's just reality.

They all teamed up together to win. Melo teamed up with Amare a year after they all got to Miami...who proceeded to hurt his back in the playoffs doing trick dunks in warmups in the 2011 playoffs, and put his hand through a fire extinguisher in the 2012 playoffs, sabotaging two potential playoff runs. By the 3rd year, the Knicks best team, Amare was barely even a factor. Melo’s fault?

They sacrificed money to play together because none of then were good enough alone to beat the celtics/mavs/lakers/spurs.

Don’t know if the knicks ever offered bringing in the same talent

They sacrificed money to play together because none of then were good enough alone to beat the celtics/mavs/lakers/spurs.

They brought in Amare and Chandler. And then Amare proceeded to injure himself in the playoffs in stupid ways every year, while Chandler would get his butt kicked by guys like Roy Hibbert in the playoffs.

Wade was.

They all teamed up together to win. Melo teamed up with Amare a year after they all got to Miami...who proceeded to hurt his back in the playoffs doing trick dunks in warmups in the 2011 playoffs, and put his hand through a fire extinguisher in the 2012 playoffs, sabotaging two potential playoff runs. By the 3rd year, the Knicks best team, Amare was barely even a factor. Melo’s fault?

And at that exact point Carmelo was unrestricted and could've went anywhere he wanted to try and win. Nope. Cash them checks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom