NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Any shot pop would take melo with lonnie, rudy and lamarcus?

Wouldn’t mind the celtics picking up Dwight for a bargain price. Gives us cushion to get Williams 100% healthy and his head straight. That productions considerable as well.

Not to mention the warriors and wizards are sniffing around the nets buying him out as well.

Wouldn’t mind the celtics picking up Dwight for a bargain price. Gives us cushion to get Williams 100% healthy and his head straight. That productions considerable as well.

Not to mention the warriors and wizards are sniffing around the nets buying him out as well.
Nope don’t want this dog anywhere near the Celtics. Howard doesn’t want to work hard. He has the physical gifts and hates coaches who push him.
The rumored reason Al Horford chose Boston over Atlanta is because Howard signed with the Hawks.
Robert Williams will be Howard 10th man guy for the Celtics next year

So let me follow up with this question. What does melo get on the open market? I'm sure he only wants to go to a contender? Does he sign for whatever his minimum is and what of the contending teams would take him? He seems to want major minutes.

So let me follow up with this question. What does melo get on the open market? I'm sure he only wants to go to a contender? Does he sign for whatever his minimum is and what of the contending teams would take him? He seems to want major minutes.

There's been speculation that he'd likely only get the minimum. Seems like someone could offer one of their exceptions (mid-level or bi-annual). Mid-level is a max of $8.8 million but most of the good teams can only offer $5.2 million. Considering he'll be paid $25+ million anyways, signing for the minimum to go to whatever team he wants seems like realistic scenario to me.

Carmelo and La La Anthony among 1,000 mourners for slain Bronx teen as six more suspects ID'd in machete killing - NY Daily News

For all the bad press melo gets about money and the end of his time with the knicks, he’s still one of the most important athletes of this generation. This murder was sickening and I admire his stance on not only police violence but gang violence as well.

“Yeah, n how many ringz duz he hav? He NeEdS tA sToP pLaYiNg IsO bAlL n PlAy DeFeNcE” - average moron NBA “fan” who is always mad for no reason and trying to sound smart by repeating what someone else said.

Carmelo has had an amazing career and has been doing even better things off the court in recent years. Proud of that guy.

Who is the best teammate Carmelo has played with in an NBA regular season?
Iverson was past his prime.
Stoudmaire was past his prime.
Porzingis was too young.
Billups was an okay player but not a stud when they were together.
Andre Miller was an okay but not great.

Carmelo has never had an in the prime stud partner I believe.

Porzingis was too young.

Can’t say the knicks didnt try though!!

Joakim Noah!

Porzingis was too young.

Probably Billups? He was very good for a few years there. Prob slightly past his prime. Stat was good for a few months I think. It's def not great

re: Howard. If I were a team, at this point, I wouldn't touch the guy

Porzingis was too young.

Imagine he is to blame for a lot of it. He destroyed his own chance of success in NY by forcing them to trade for him so he could get paid in lieu of waiting until he was a free agent. His selfishness in that situation is a primary reason that he carries the reputation he does. If he doesn't make the Knicks blow all of those assets to bring him in then maybe they are able to surround him with a quality team.

Porzingis was too young.

Obviously Westbrook and Paul George but Melo is clearly not in his prime anymore

Obviously Westbrook and Paul George but Melo is clearly not in his prime anymore
Yeah I left last year off because he is past his prime.
Hell Steven Adams would be close to Billups.

Imagine he is to blame for a lot of it. He destroyed his own chance of success in NY by forcing them to trade for him so he could get paid in lieu of waiting until he was a free agent. His selfishness in that situation is a primary reason that he carries the reputation he does. If he doesn't make the Knicks blow all of those assets to bring him in then maybe they are able to surround him with a quality team.
Yeah Melo not having the opt for 2010 like LeBron, Wade, Bosh really screwed him up.
Knicks just overpaid and gutted assets to get him when they did.

The decision to re-sign with the Knicks rather than going to Chicago is one of the other major reasons people tend to hate him.

Marc Stein reporting that DeAndre Jordan is considering opting in for $24 million and then facilitating a trade elsewhere. He mentions that Dallas is one of the teams that would be interested in acquiring him.

1. Disagree. The Knicks giving up a package where the best player was Gallo...that didn’t destroy anything. Knicks fans like to overrate every young player with a pulse(remember when they thought Landry Fields was good? Toney Douglas? Lol), but they didn’t give up anything of consequence IMO.

2. If you want to blame Melo, blame him for being fixated on going to NY. That franchise can’t get out of its own way.

3. Even with all that, they would’ve been a solid contender if Amare’s body didn’t completely fall apart. Everyone knew he was an injury concern, but I don’t think anyone expected what happened to happen so quickly.

1. Disagree. The Knicks giving up a package where the best player was Gallo...that didn’t destroy anything. Knicks fans like to overrate every young player with a pulse(remember when they thought Landry Fields was good? Toney Douglas? Lol), but they didn’t give up anything of consequence IMO.

2. If you want to blame Melo, blame him for being fixated on going to NY. That franchise can’t get out of its own way.

3. Even with all that, they would’ve been a solid contender if Amare’s body didn’t completely fall apart. Everyone knew he was an injury concern, but I don’t think anyone expected what happened to happen so quickly.

Not sure they destroyed anything, but they did give up a decent number of assets. If they could've signed Melo as a FA they could've flipped those assets for some more help.

All that said, they legit had one good season, as much as it seems like it never really happened, to me at least

D'Antoni destroying Stat's knees had a lot more to do with things, as well as general Knicks bein' Knicks roster and cap mismanagement.

D'Antoni destroying Stat's knees had a lot more to do with things, as well as general Knicks bein' Knicks roster and cap mismanagement.

Yup. Playing that guy that many minutes was so shortsighted.

Of course, then Amare hurt himself in the playoffs that first season trying to do trick dunks in warmups. Can’t make this stuff up.

Yup. Playing that guy that many minutes was so shortsighted.

Of course, then Amare hurt himself in the playoffs that first season trying to do trick dunks in warmups. Can’t make this stuff up.
Didn’t Amare tear ligaments in his hand punching a glass protecting a fire extinguisher during the playoffs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom