NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

You would have been 1 of a very few that thought Tatum was the best player in that draft. Consensus opinion was that he was Jabari/Carmelo like as a one-dimensional scorer.

You keep throwing around "consensus" and "everyone in agreement."

Just because mock drafts viewed it that way doesn't mean that "everybody" feels the same way. Ainge thought that Taytum was the best player in the draft, and it looks like he was right.

And he knew that he could trade back to 3 and still get him, because Philly would rely on sabermetrics and the Lakers would predictibly go with Ball, despite the limitations.

I think he's exactly the kind of player you gamble on at this point in his career.

I can totally buy that. It seems like there should be a better way for Indy to use that cap space, but maybe not. And they just hit the jackpot with Oladipo, they probably think they will do the same with Gordon

yup. lebron's machinations have on the whole been successful; not as successful as he wanted and certainly not perfect, but successful.

oig's description is actually a fit for carmelo, not lebron
I can see that argument re: Carmelo, but I never got the sense from Carmelo that he was hell bent on playing with other "stars" like Lebron is. Maybe his career would have turned out better had he been.

I was actually excited when Lebron went back to Cleveland and was ready to hop on that train when I thought it was going to Lebron and the kiddos combining Lebron's basketball smarts with young talent, athleticism and enthusiasm. Instead, they traded away the youth and in favor one of my all-time least favorite players, signed Lebron's scrub friends, hosed the coach and filled their roster right at the end of the season with bench brawlers instead of real players. That all turned me off.

Now, it was worth it - they did get a ring. I guess that makes it worth it inasmuch as we want to believe we can draw a straight line between that approach and the result. But the whole thing is tiring, and I'm not really interested in watching it again. I don't see the Lakers competing with Lebron + star X + gutted roster in the West. I also don't see them competing with Lebron + other star joined via free agency + the young talent, but that squad sure would be a lot more fun.

I can totally buy that. It seems like there should be a better way for Indy to use that cap space, but maybe not. And they just hit the jackpot with Oladipo, they probably think they will do the same with Gordon
Second contracts are one of the few instances where I feel NBA teams have a chance to get more value from the contract than the dollars. Most other contracts you kinda know what you'll get.

You keep throwing around "consensus" and "everyone in agreement."

Just because mock drafts viewed it that way doesn't mean that "everybody" feels the same way. Ainge thought that Taytum was the best player in the draft, and it looks like he was right.

And he knew that he could trade back to 3 and still get him, because Philly would rely on sabermetrics and the Lakers would predictibly go with Ball, despite the limitations.

I can't respond anymore until you spell his name right at least once.

I have to believe that Orlando will match any offer that is made on Gordon up to $20m. I live an hour or so away and went to a few games last year. He is currently the face of the franchise and the focal point of all marketing they do. That doesn't mean a lot on a garbage team but tough to sell to the fan base even if his skill set is kind of duplicated by Isaac who will be best used as a stretch 4 next to Bamba in the next few years. Makes no sense to offer him the 5/148 max but if they can match a 4/80 offer sheet, it's a no-brainer.

Get off south beach lebron.

Pop really is stupid if he thinks he can even ask for Tatum.

Just stupid.
DgzlnJ5UEAEHREB

There are like decades of evidence suggesting Pop is not stupid.

I get the Celtics won't give up Tatum, but he's not even allowed to ask??

Additionally, everything I know about Ainge (which is like, nothing, but work with me) indicates if the shoe were on the other foot he'd ask for Tatum

Additionally, everything I know about Ainge (which is like, nothing, but work with me) indicates if the shoe were on the other foot he'd ask for Tatum
Yeah.

He's saying it's PRO POST TRIS that Trueblue Twenny FIVE follows Stephen A. any time, for whatever REASON!

Whats wrong about his view of why lebron wasn’t mvp and how he’s leaving cleveland in an awful spot if he doesnt come back?

This decade, boston always has and always will have the high ground in negotiations

If you start negotiations at a non-starter it’s pointless.
It kills negotiations.
You always ask for more to start but you don’t ask for a nonstarter.

If you start negotiations at a non-starter it’s pointless.
It kills negotiations.
You always ask for more to start but you don’t ask for a nonstarter.
Danny does. And often those nonstarters work out.

Danny does. And often those nonstarters work out.
No Danny doesn't.
Please tell me a deal Danny started with a nonstarter and got the deal?
Danny is smarter than most GMs but he isn't this guy who starts with nonstarters.

You ask for more in a negotiation but if your starting point is something that will never happen the deal isn't happening unless one side absolutely desperate.

No Danny doesn't.
Please tell me a deal Danny started with a nonstarter and got the deal?
Danny is smarter than most GMs but he isn't this guy who starts with nonstarters.

You ask for more in a negotiation but if your starting point is something that will never happen the deal isn't happening unless one side absolutely desperate.
I'm telling you, Danny does.

I know this through my Mormon connections.

Whats wrong about his view of why lebron wasn’t mvp and how he’s leaving cleveland in an awful spot if he doesnt come back?

Even Kyrie Irving says Lebron was robbed, all SAS does is deliver H0T Takes, there’s literally nothing that comes out of his mouth that I can take seriously.

If you have to explain why a guy doesn’t deserve the MVP and he DIDNT WIN THE MVP ANYWAY, that may be a case of why he was robbed.

Kawhi Leonard is one of the best players in the league. Jayson Tatum is coming off a very good rookie season. I think he's going to be awesome. He may also never be as good as Kawhi.
Like I said, I understand Boston is very unlikely to move him. But I don't think asking for Tatum is such a non starter that it would scuttle negotiations. It's not like Pop is offering you Danny Green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom