NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Kawhi Leonard is one of the best players in the league. Jayson Tatum is coming off a very good rookie season. I think he's going to be awesome. He may also never be as good as Kawhi.
Like I said, I understand Boston is very unlikely to move him. But I don't think asking for Tatum is such a non starter that it would scuttle negotiations. It's not like Pop is offering you Danny Green.
Kawhi could be damaged goods. Has one year left on his contract and isn't signing an extension till he is a FA.
Tatum has 3 more years of control.

It is a nonstarter.

When you have no or little leverage in a negotiation you can't start with something stupid.
It kills negotiations.
If they started at Jaylen Brown okay you have a chance to fiddle back and forth.
Starting with something stupid causes the other side to walkout or offer something more ridiculous the other way.

Trueblue25
Would you trade Jaylen Brown for Paul George?

George is interested in 4 teams Thunder, Lakers, Clippers and Celtics.

Trueblue25

Paul George is a better player, and will likely go down as the better player... but Jaylen Brown’s the better fit.

There are two players you do not say no to when they ask to come to your team imo.

Lebron and Anthony Davis. Yes, I left KD and Harden out.

With certain players that attract the rest of the leagues attention, I cant help but think “dont fix what aint broken”.

Also, we dont need a “playoff p” or whatever.

Our team picks eachother up when someones having an off night.

I was 100% turned off by georges and brody’s play vs the jazz.

Paul George is a better player, and will likely go down as the better player... but Jaylen Brown’s the better fit.

There are two players you do not say no to when they ask to come to your team imo.

Lebron and Anthony Davis. Yes, I left KD and Harden out.

With certain players that attract the rest of the leagues attention, I cant help but think “dont fix what aint broken”.
Anthony Davis next offseason will be the guy to watch like LeBron this one.
LeBron opted out so now he only has 3 spots.
LA, Cleveland, Philadelphia.

Trueblue25

IMO, if PG is signing long-term, you move Jaylen for him. But what other salaries would you be moving? This would have to be accomplished through a sign-and-trade, wouldn't it? Can you get there without including one of Kyrie, Horford, or Hayward?

I just don’t like it.

Pg’s great. But I like Jaylen Brown more in Boston. We’re nearly a 65 win calibre team. Why mess with chemistry now?

Kanter opted in, I couldn't decide if i wanted him to opt out or not, for fear of what we'd do with the cap space

Kanter opted in, I couldn't decide if i wanted him to opt out or not, for fear of what we'd do with the cap space

It sounds like the Knicks just want to sit on any cap space they have and wait til next year when they can pursue Kyrie/Kemba/other max guys. They kinda need Kanter this year anyways just to put a semi-respectable team on the floor...the other centers you have are Noah, Robinson (probably G-League), and Porzingis (probably out most if not all of the season).

Kanter tweeting out a Buck emoji really freaked me out though lol

It sounds like the Knicks just want to sit on any cap space they have and wait til next year when they can pursue Kyrie/Kemba/other max guys. They kinda need Kanter this year anyways just to put a semi-respectable team on the floor...the other centers you have are Noah, Robinson (probably G-League), and Porzingis (probably out most if not all of the season).

Kanter tweeting out a Buck emoji really freaked me out though lol

Yeah, it sure seems like they're going to make a run at Kyrie. They're still gonna need to do some things to really open up that space (including maybe waiting to offer KP the extension, which hopefully doesn't ruffle any feathers)

I suppose it's possible they bring O'Quinn back for a year, but he may rather be somewhere else. They could be really bad next year, of course, the first time they smooth out the lottery odds.

Yeah, it sure seems like they're going to make a run at Kyrie. They're still gonna need to do some things to really open up that space (including maybe waiting to offer KP the extension, which hopefully doesn't ruffle any feathers)

I suppose it's possible they bring O'Quinn back for a year, but he may rather be somewhere else. They could be really bad next year, of course, the first time they smooth out the lottery odds.

And in what's expected to be a weak draft lol (though we know how that can change)

And in what's expected to be a weak draft lol (though we know how that can change)

Great point, I hadn't even considered that. Things keep getting better and better for the Knicks!!

One thing I will say, I have no idea if they can get him or not next summer, but I have totally turned a corner on Kyrie the last 12 months or so, and I'lm all in on the Knicks pursing him next summer.

IMO, if PG is signing long-term, you move Jaylen for him. But what other salaries would you be moving? This would have to be accomplished through a sign-and-trade, wouldn't it? Can you get there without including one of Kyrie, Horford, or Hayward?
Marcus Smart would be the piece.
He is an Oklahoma State guy as well.

Smart not Brown is what I hear Boston would offer to facilitate a trade if George wanted Boston.

Boston could sign Smart and wait 30 days to trade to him.

Great point, I hadn't even considered that. Things keep getting better and better for the Knicks!!

One thing I will say, I have no idea if they can get him or not next summer, but I have totally turned a corner on Kyrie the last 12 months or so, and I'lm all in on the Knicks pursing him next summer.
I was just going to type that I am still on the fence regarding Kyrie. Why are you so in favor of it? Not criticizing, I just don't know if he's my piece moving forward (injuries my biggest concern).

Marcus Smart would be the piece.
He is an Oklahoma State guy as well.

Smart not Brown is what I hear Boston would offer to facilitate a trade if George wanted Boston.

Boston could sign Smart and wait 30 days to trade to him.

Even then wouldn't you have to match salaries? Certainly Smart isn't getting anywhere near the money PG would.

Even then wouldn't you have to match salaries? Certainly Smart isn't getting anywhere near the money PG would.
Smart and Morris 5.6 million would get them close enough that I am sure they could get it done.

I think though George is staying in OKC.

I was just going to type that I am still on the fence regarding Kyrie. Why are you so in favor of it? Not criticizing, I just don't know if he's my piece moving forward (injuries my biggest concern).

The injuries are def a concern. Prior to last season, I kinda thought Kyrie was overrated, Lebron covered up a lot of his flaws, not much of a passer or defender, etc.

The guy is a dynamite offensive player though. In an ideal world, the Knicks would have Frank in the backcourt with him, who could be an excellent defensive player, and KP guarding the rim. Obviously, this is far from an ideal world

Which team does something stupid first today?

https://deadspin.com/james-dolan-lays-groundwork-for-sale-of-knicks-and-rang-1827236645

For Knicks fans
1530292139533.jpeg

The injuries are def a concern. Prior to last season, I kinda thought Kyrie was overrated, Lebron covered up a lot of his flaws, not much of a passer or defender, etc.

The guy is a dynamite offensive player though. In an ideal world, the Knicks would have Frank in the backcourt with him, who could be an excellent defensive player, and KP guarding the rim. Obviously, this is far from an ideal world

Kyrie seems like the kind of player the Knicks always would bring in after his next contract so that they overpay for the downside of his career. It'll be really odd to see them making prudent team building moves.

I now believe DeMarcus Cousins is going to LA with LeBron and Kawhi.
Paul George will stay with OKC.
Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers for Kuzma/Ingram/Hart.

Ball/Deng to Phoenix.

Kyrie seems like the kind of player the Knicks always would bring in after his next contract so that they overpay for the downside of his career. It'll be really odd to see them making prudent team building moves.

Yeah, i hear that. It's crazy to think that when he hits FA next summer he'll be only 27. Guy has seemingly been around forever

Yeah, i hear that. It's crazy to think that when he hits FA next summer he'll be only 27. Guy has seemingly been around forever
I think it's because his college career was like 10 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom