NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Probably doesn’t mean anything, but the odds on LeBron not playing in the regular season have increased from 100/1 to 50/1 in the past 5 hours.
If a Chinese team offered him insane money why not go there and then come back for the playoffs wherever he wants.
LeBron’s options suck.
If he gets his money from China then he can play anywhere in the playoffs.
This is doubtful but atleast an option.
Even though he would be leaving his family.

Probably doesn’t mean anything, but the odds on LeBron not playing in the regular season have increased from 100/1 to 50/1 in the past 5 hours.
He gone?

Su got a commit now i need a little absurd rumor to come to light, the perfect morning

What rumor?
Anything, I live off of su recruitment news and nba/nfl movement rumors. Such is life during the work week.

Rumor going around that Tim Duncan is in NYC to meet with LeBron and or Kawhi today. Also the Clippers just hired a Raptors assistant who is apparently very close with LA native DeMar DeRozan. Also also, there's apparently a lot of whispers going around that the Kings may take Michael Porter #2.

Rumor going around that Tim Duncan is in NYC to meet with LeBron and or Kawhi today. Also the Clippers just hired a Raptors assistant who is apparently very close with LA native DeMar DeRozan. Also also, there's apparently a lot of whispers going around that the Kings may take Michael Porter #2.
Oh, those Kings.

Porter is Jayson Tatum with a little more upside.
I would want him most of anybody after Ayton or Doncic.
Tim Duncan isn’t getting LeBron to SA.
Plus they still have to hope players opt out and Gasol to even have a shot.
LeBron likes to be wined and dined.

I think Porter is an injury-prone version of Harrison Barnes honestly. I just don't really see the allure with him once you factor in the injury issues. I don't think I'd feel comfortable taking him until the late part of the lottery.

I think Porter is an injury-prone version of Harrison Barnes honestly. I just don't really see the allure with him once you factor in the injury issues. I don't think I'd feel comfortable taking him until the late part of the lottery.
Late lottery?
No way his talent is way too much to let pass 6 or 7.
What were you saying on Jayson Tatum last year?
Porter is better.
Philly in 2014 took Embiid 3rd even though he was an injury risk and they lost him for 2 seasons and now have. a top 10 player.
Maybe 2 players in this draft have as high a ceiling as Porter in this draft.
He could be Durant like.

The players comps for Porter range from
Brandon Ingram floor
Joe Johnson regular
Kevin Durant ceiling.
If your the Cavs your doing cartwheels if he gets to you at 8.

Late lottery?
No way his talent is way too much to let pass 6 or 7.
What were you saying on Jayson Tatum last year?
Porter is better.
Philly in 2014 took Embiid 3rd even though he was an injury risk and they lost him for 2 seasons and now have. a top 10 player.
Maybe 2 players in this draft have as high a ceiling as Porter in this draft.
He could be Durant like.

I wasn't really a big fan of Tatum either, but I think Tatum is easily a better ball-handler and shooter. Tatum, to me, is a SF that can play small-ball PF, whereas Porter is a pure PF in my eyes.

Porter has never really shot the ball well dating back to high school (shot around 32-34% from HS 3 point line), he doesn't handle the ball well, he doesn't defend well, he's a pretty good jumper but he's a stiff athlete overall, and now he has both back and hip issues.

Edit:

I'd say for Porter:

Floor: out of the league in a few years due to injury
"Healthy" worst case scenario: Jeff Green
Likely Case: Poor man's Harrison Barnes
Realistic Ceiling: Present day Barnes
Absolute best case scenario: combination of Gallinari's skill and Barnes athleticism, which is probably a better player than it sounds like. I think the gap between Durant and Porter in terms of mobility/coordination, ball skills, and shooting stroke is just way too large for anyone to realistically expect him to be that kind of player.

Last edited:
If a Chinese team offered him insane money why not go there and then come back for the playoffs wherever he wants.
LeBron’s options suck.
If he gets his money from China then he can play anywhere in the playoffs.
This is doubtful but atleast an option.
Even though he would be leaving his family.

Well, LeBron's options suck only because he wants a $35M+/year deal.
With his endorsements and the money he's made already, why not take a pay cut to really put together a super team?

It's like Melo wanted the money more than the chance to be a champ when he made the Knicks gut their roster instead of just waiting until the end of the season to choose them in free agency. What did he make, an extra $10-20M by forcing the sign and trade, and he got stuck on a crappy team that made the playoffs I think once while he was there. Great job, Melo. /sarcasm

How badly do you want those extra rings? How much are they worth, taking the long view?

You're that high on Porter? I think he has bust written all over it.

Spurs will make the room for Bron if he wants to come. There is zero chance that is a blocker.

I don't think people are giving the Spurs enough of a chance here. A lineup of DJM, Danny, KL, Bron and LMA is a defensive juggernaut.

Bron can run his empire from anywhere, Mav has made that VERY clear.

Well, LeBron's options suck only because he wants a $35M+/year deal.
With his endorsements and the money he's made already, why not take a pay cut to really put together a super team?

It's like Melo wanted the money more than the chance to be a champ when he made the Knicks gut their roster instead of just waiting until the end of the season to choose them in free agency. What did he make, an extra $10-20M by forcing the sign and trade, and he got stuck on a crappy team that made the playoffs I think once while he was there. Great job, Melo. /sarcasm

How badly do you want those extra rings? How much are they worth, taking the long view?

He already took the pay cut to make it work in Miami, he said he's done with that. I see his point. He's the best player in the world, why should he be taking pay cuts? Maybe the onus should be on the lesser players to take pay cuts (I get your point as well, don't get me wrong, but he's got 3 rings already). And I think with him and CP3 so high up in the players association, you won't see them taking less than their max.

As for the draft, I just can't believe Doncic won't go first. Or even second. Seems so dumb to me

Not sure where the Lebron meeting with the Spurs rumor is coming from.

It is all over twitter that Pop and Duncan are meeting with Leonard though.

He already took the pay cut to make it work in Miami, he said he's done with that. I see his point. He's the best player in the world, why should he be taking pay cuts? Maybe the onus should be on the lesser players to take pay cuts (I get your point as well, don't get me wrong, but he's got 3 rings already). And I think with him and CP3 so high up in the players association, you won't see them taking less than their max.

As for the draft, I just can't believe Doncic won't go first. Or even second. Seems so dumb to me
Armchair psychology for a minute - given LeBron's relationship with Gilbert, I think it's not just that LeBron feels like top players shouldn't sacrifice financially in order to win, meaning lesser players sacrifice in order to win, but that the onus is on the ownership to make the financial sacrifices to position their franchises to win championships.

I'm gonna laugh if LeBron goes the Clemens route and says screw the regular season, I'm joining a team in time for the playoffs and competing then.

Not sure where the Lebron meeting with the Spurs rumor is coming from.

It is all over twitter that Pop and Duncan are meeting with Leonard though.

It's just speculation based on the fact that LeBron was spotted in NYC, which is where Pop, Duncan, and Kawhi all are as well. Meeting with Kawhi seems like the obvious possibility, but it's at least possible that Duncan for example could be reaching out to LeBron as well.

It's just speculation based on the fact that LeBron was spotted in NYC, which is where Pop, Duncan, and Kawhi all are as well. Meeting with Kawhi seems like the obvious possibility, but it's at least possible that Duncan for example could be reaching out to LeBron as well.

Maybe they’re both meeting with the Knicks. Hey a man can wish.

Dfnlgz1WAAE6Qkg

Build your own team with 15 dollars.
5 players obviously.

Kemba, Brown, lebron, Giannis, Drummond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online