NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Eh, he hasn't accomplished anything yet as a Laker.

Alex Rodriguez is one of the great all-time baseball players, but I wouldn't call him an all-time great Yankee.

This is what I meant. Like, you could argue that Wilt was a better player than Magic or Kobe. He’s not a better Laker though.

Same with Kareem probably too. Better player than Kobe? Sure, probably. Better Laker? Debatable.

It's starting to seem clear that Kawhi's kind of a headcase and that's been hidden really well so far by a combination of the Spurs organization and his introverted nature.

One other comment I had on this is that Windhorst has said (I believe, repeatedly) that it isn't easy to play with LeBron, especially if you are one of the #2 or #3 guys on the team. He actually gave K Love a lot of credit for dealing with it as well as he has.

Again, not saying Kawhi shouldn't go to the Lakers, but it's going to be a vice grip between performing up to what LeBron needs and then dealing with JaVale, Lance, Tyreke (is he confirmed?).

Kawhi has been in a situation where Pop has been the man and is well-respected by almost all the major players in the NBA to Luke Walton who will now be, essentially, the #1 assistant to LeBron on the coaching staff

Zach Lowe had a really funny line on his podcast today, something like "if you told me the onion had written a story that said right after signing Lebron, the lakers then signed Lance and Javale, I would've thought that was a good joke"

Zach Lowe had a really funny line on his podcast today, something like "if you told me the onion had written a story that said right after signing Lebron, the lakers then signed Lance and Javale, I would've thought that was a good joke"

Javale is bringing veteran championship experience to a young team. Never thought I’d type that. He did a nice job in GS though.

It really is something when you think about it.

Windhorst had some good info with Lowe today; could've already been public, not sure. Lebron went a long period of time without talking to Koby Altman this year

Noel to OKC. Their tax bill is gonna be huge. Gotta think Melo is gone

Noel to OKC. Their tax bill is gonna be huge. Gotta think Melo is gone

Don’t get the move. They are going to play he Adams, and Roberson/Grant together. They have no shooting outside of George.

Don’t get the move. They are going to play he Adams, and Roberson/Grant together. They have no shooting outside of George.

I think Noel is probably pretty good, but i get your point. How much Noel/Adams can you play together? Even Noel/Grant or Roberson shrinks the floor

Jazz bringing back Favors, and Minnesota withdrew their QO to Bjelica.

I think Noel is probably pretty good, but i get your point. How much Noel/Adams can you play together? Even Noel/Grant or Roberson shrinks the floor

Wonder if he ever ends up making that $70m he turned down last year. Might take a decade or so.

Rajon Rondo to the Lakers.
Lonzo is on the clock.
If LeBron wants Rondo lol awful fit he can’t shoot.
Ben Simmons is better than Rondo.
Lakers renounced Randle to sign Rondo.

I can see the Lakers flaming out next year. LeBron needs shooting and space to be effective and ball in his hand. Rondo/Lance/McGhee non of them space the floor.

Love rondo and lebron despite rondo’s inability to shoot.

Rondo’s that good when he doesnt have to play hero ball.

Love rondo and lebron despite rondo’s inability to shoot.

Rondo’s that good when he doesnt have to play hero ball.
How is Rondo going to create when the ball is in LeBron’s hand and he is plotting in the corner.
It’s an awful fit plus the Lakers sacrificed Randle for him.

How is Rondo going to create when the ball is in LeBron’s hand and he is plotting in the corner.
I mean, I called this when I said that Lebron's team building strategy is to kick out young guys in favor of crusty vets.

Edit - I guess the one smart thing is it weakens a team in front of them for a playoff spot, but... that's a weird personnel trade to make if that's your objective.

Last edited:
Taking LeBron James to LA out of the discussion but who is a worse roster builder Magic or Michael Jordan?

These moves are terrible for the Lakers they are just lucky they aren’t long term.

It’s not like LeBron hasn’t played with creators before though. Wade and Kyrie worked out pretty well. LeBron doesn’t have to be the only creator. He had to be superhuman last year.

Bummed about Randle though curious to know the details. I’ve read he wanted to make a lot of money/start. He’s not in the “sacrifice” phase of his career, he’s trying to make a name for himself. Just my read.

It’s not like LeBron hasn’t played with creators before though. Wade and Kyrie worked out pretty well. LeBron doesn’t have to be the only creator. He had to be superhuman last year.

Bummed about Randle though curious to know the details. I’ve read he wanted to make a lot of money/start. He’s not in the “sacrifice” phase of his career, he’s trying to make a name for himself. Just my read.
I have so many questions for you.

How hot is Walton's seat?

How long before we hear about Phil Jackson lurking?

How does Kobe feel about this move? How noisy will he be about whatever he's feeling?

Are there any young guys on the Lakers Lebron will tolerate?

What will it take to get out from under the Deng contract?

Yeah Boston and Philly have 4-5 year runs of 50+ wins but New York and Brooklyn will have cap space to finally cash in next summer.
I think this summer really only the Lakers are appealing for FAs next summer the Knicks and Nets will.
I am not worried about them yet but they will get better.

Durant seems like he will move again.
I don’t think Kyrie is leaving Boston as a FA so the Knicks turning to Durant makes sense. He will make him some money in endorsements in NYC.
He will get $300M now for sneakers. He will fade away in NY

LeBron defered to Wade until 2012. First two years LeBron “let” it be Wade’s team.
Then it became LeBron’s show.

Kyrie hated how he was used and he could shoot though.
Rondo isn’t a scorer this fit is spectacularly bad and I love Rondo for what he did for Boston.
Plus the Rondo-LaVar circus is awesome. Rondo is going to destroy LaVar I mean Lonzo has to be traded just to stop the obvious incident that will take place. Rondo chirped at Isiah Thomas at the height of Celtics popularity and the fans loved Rondo for it even though he wasn’t the current Celtic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom