NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

So if you are the Spurs why would you want the Lakers draft picks? They aren't worth anything now that they have Lebron.
You ask for picks down the line.
Say 2020, 2022, 2024 and the right it’s swap pick in 2021, 2023 a la what Boston did with Brooklyn.

They would need the Lakers to blow up down the line.

It's kinda hilarious in retrospect to think that in an era of baseball where players were encouraged to run full speed into the catcher to basically try to hit them as hard as physically possible and in a league where it's still encouraged to intentionally throw the ball at other players for random offenses from months or years past, slapping the ball out of someone's hand is considered unforgivable. I love baseball, but it's so dumb sometimes.
I get your point. This was a playoff game though and you don’t get retaliation for some in playoff games unless it’s what Chase Utley did and injury somebody.
Bush league stuff is why A-Rod is hated.

You ask for picks down the line.
Say 2020, 2022, 2024 and the right it’s swap pick in 2021, 2023 a la what Boston did with Brooklyn.

They would need the Lakers to blow up down the line.

I wouldn't do that if I was San Antonio. They can get more out of Philly IMO.
Lakers used up their cap space on resigning KCP.
They can’t fit Boogie without renouncing Randle.

If the Lakers don’t get Kawhi they really aren’t a contender in the loaded West next year. Unless they add more all star talent.

This was Penns point. Easier for them to make a trade at the deadline than it is now and their draft picks are worth nothing.

Lakers used up their cap space on resigning KCP.
They can’t fit Boogie without renouncing Randle.

If the Lakers don’t get Kawhi they really aren’t a contender in the loaded West next year. Unless they add more all star talent.

Those were just inflated one year deals to address some holes, while keeping next year’s max slot open.

How does LeBron moving to LA make them now on par with the Celtics in terms of winning the Finals (7-2 odds according to a story I heard today or read here)? I don't see it.

Lonzo still won't be able to shoot. He's essentially Simmons, except shorter and takes shots he doesn't make. At least Simmons is smart enough to realize he can't shoot.

Those were just inflated one year deals to address some holes, while keeping next year’s max slot open.
LeBron is 33 waiting a year isn’t the best strategy. He eventually will wear down.
It’s better than signing dumb deals though.
Paul George staying had to alter their plans and give KCP that 1 year deal.

How does LeBron moving to LA make them now on par with the Celtics in terms of winning the Finals (7-2 odds according to a story I heard today or read here)? I don't see it.

Lonzo still won't be able to shoot. He's essentially Simmons, except shorter and takes shots he doesn't make. At least Simmons is smart enough to realize he can't shoot.

Lonzo is lightyears better shooting the ball than Simmons. Simmons is at like an elementary school shooting level right now. Lonzo shot over 40% from 3 in college on a large volume.

Regarding the Vegas odds, it's just hype. LeBron makes any team he goes to at least a pseudo-contender and the fact that it's the Lakers amps that up even more, not to mention the speculation that they'll bring in other stars.

I do think as currently constructed, the Lakers will be a top 3 or 4 seed in the West, which is probably about on par with a 2 seed in the East.

Lonzo did shoot better as the season went on though.

As it stands right now, I think making the second round of the playoffs would be a successful season. It’s very rare for a “new” team to win it all in their first year together. The 2008 Celtics are the only ones I can think of that did it.

4 year deal, so there’s time to build it.

Vegas is getting ahead of the curve.
They know the Lakers aren’t done.
Kawhi or somebody else.
No need to give juicy odds and incur a shark bet.

Lonzo is lightyears better shooting the ball than Simmons. Simmons is at like an elementary school shooting level right now. Lonzo shot over 40% from 3 in college on a large volume.

Regarding the Vegas odds, it's just hype. LeBron makes any team he goes to at least a pseudo-contender and the fact that it's the Lakers amps that up even more, not to mention the speculation that they'll bring in other stars.

I do think as currently constructed, the Lakers will be a top 3 or 4 seed in the West, which is probably about on par with a 2 seed in the East.

30% from three, and 45% from the foul line. I don't see it.

Right now I wouldn’t put the Lakers top 4. If they get Kawhi I agree.

The Cavs won 48 last year in a garbage East.

If the roster of weirdos and young guys holds up that can be a pretty fun squad. No idea where they'll slot into the West, but it can be a fun team.

Making the playoffs in the West is going to be a war.

If the roster of weirdos and young guys holds up that can be a pretty fun squad. No idea where they'll slot into the West, but it can be a fun team.

Making the playoffs in the West is going to be a war.

It was fun before the had the pressure of LeBron. Not sure how they will be with him is all...

LeBron is 33 waiting a year isn’t the best strategy. He eventually will wear down.
It’s better than signing dumb deals though.
Paul George staying had to alter their plans and give KCP that 1 year deal.

His age makes it not ideal, but it’s probably the best they can do. As I said before they signed him, I didn’t want them to throw all their eggs into the “we gotta win NOW” basket when the Warriors are still way better than us.

If it’s LeBron and the kids and he gives it a great year and the young guys keep developing, and we’re nowhere near a title contender...I’m 100% fine with that.

Then again I also loved that whole story of Jordan coming back and having the Wizards about to make the playoffs...shame he got hurt. He was amazing that first season back. The corny media though was all “I want my lasting image of him to be that shot in Utah”...smh, shutup dweebs. Go watch Mighty Ducks or something.

Melo drops his asking and joins la to play with Jimmy?

He isn’t getting bought out unless somebody pays him the difference, and the thunder aren’t going to buy him out for 23+ million.

He wants to get paid, he doesn’t want to come off the bench, and his attitude is garbage. He’ll play out his year and probably pull a Spreewell when nobody gives him more than 10 million a year next year.

538 has the Lakers projected for 52 wins next year as of right now.

Before Uncle Dennis’ strategy kicked in, Kawhi was on track for $20M from Jordan and $219M from the Spurs to be guaranteed over a quarter billion dollars in a state without income tax (I know it’s pay where you play).

He’ll still get a ton of money and maybe the sneaker deal does jump, but that is a lot of guaranteed money to leave behind.

30% from three, and 45% from the foul line. I don't see it.

It’s still not good, but he was a much more “normal” 39% from the field and 33% from 3 from December on. Not good, but his numbers in October/November were so horrific they dont even look real. He definitely settled in a bit and shot the ball better the last 4 months.

Before Uncle Dennis’ strategy kicked in, Kawhi was on track for $20M from Jordan and $219M from the Spurs to be guaranteed over a quarter billion dollars in a state without income tax (I know it’s pay where you play).

He’ll still get a ton of money and maybe the sneaker deal does jump, but that is a lot of guaranteed money to leave behind.
It's starting to seem clear that Kawhi's kind of a headcase and that's been hidden really well so far by a combination of the Spurs organization and his introverted nature.

538 has the Lakers projected for 52 wins next year as of right now.
That seems a little high right now but with another move right on the money.

It’s not a joke to say of the top 15 teams in the NBA 11 of them might be in the West.
Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Milwaukee are it.

1. Rockets - lost some guys, still probably pretty good
2. Warriors - still awesome
3. Trail Blazers - probably taking a step back, still good enough for playoffs?
4. Thunder - holding serve?
5. Jazz - TBD, probably still pretty good
6. Pelicans - depends on Boogie
7. Spurs - TBD
8. T-Wolves - TBD
9. Nuggets - could be a riser
10. Clips - weird team to get a read on
11. Lakers - on the rise
12. Kings - you'd think a team with the #2 pick gets a little better
13. Mavs - all hail Doncic
14. Grizzlies - any magic left in Mike and Marc?
15. Suns - if Ayton's for real, could improve very quickly

I mean... the teams that got worse were already pretty competitive. Everybody else looks to be about the same or got better.

Good thing hoops doesn't have any of those that might impact games or series...

Are Warriors rubbing it in? Shaun Livingston and Tristan Thompson spark debate over basketball’s unwritten rules – The Mercury News

Just sayin'...

Yeah I was't trying to absolve basketball, but it's not as bad as baseball

He isn’t getting bought out unless somebody pays him the difference, and the thunder aren’t going to buy him out for 23+ million.

He wants to get paid, he doesn’t want to come off the bench, and his attitude is garbage. He’ll play out his year and probably pull a Spreewell when nobody gives him more than 10 million a year next year.

They are a pretty heavy tax team, they may try and buy him out. Or they could stretch him, per Nate Duncan , if they stretch melo, they could save $100 million in tax payments. $100 million!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom