NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

It actually might be

Maybe one of those celtics teams or lakers teams?

I think this is the best assuming Cousins comes back close to what he was. 5 legit all stars in their primes, including 2 perennial MVP candidates.

Cousins is the most overrated player in the NBA (when healthy). A volume shooting big who pouts, doesn't play defence. Someone has to score 25 on an NBA team. And Cousins dominates shots enough to do it.

Career loser. Will be released, bought out or tradedby January.

Too bad Dwight Howard doesn’t care about basketball. He’d be worth a flyer for the Lakers to throw out there against Cousins in the Playoffs.

Cousins is the most overrated player in the NBA (when healthy). A volume shooting big who pouts, doesn't play defence. Someone has to score 25 on an NBA team. And Cousins dominates shots enough to do it.

Nope. Team culture matters. These guys all played with him on team USA and you can bet they signed off.

I agree to an extent. He’s basically Kevin Love. A little better, but crazier.

Nope.

I do think Cousins is massively overrated but if he can make it work anywhere, it’s Golden State. This is pretty much a genius move on his part in terms of trying to repair his reputation.

It’s not like LeBron hasn’t played with creators before though. Wade and Kyrie worked out pretty well. LeBron doesn’t have to be the only creator. He had to be superhuman last year.

Bummed about Randle though curious to know the details. I’ve read he wanted to make a lot of money/start. He’s not in the “sacrifice” phase of his career, he’s trying to make a name for himself. Just my read.
As a Laker fan do you like Rondo over Ball? they can't keep both right? So now Magic's plan is the Brow next season? LBJ, Kwahi and Brow works but are you confident they get there? Sometimes its easier to be a knick fan ha

I do think Cousins is massively overrated but if he can make it work anywhere, it’s Golden State. This is pretty much a genius move on his part in terms of trying to repair his reputation.

Yeah, GS is pretty much a can’t miss. I’m sure he’ll be fine there.

It’s telling that Davis really wanted him in NO. Davis wore Cousins Jersey at the all star game after he got hurt, too.

I think, like I said with Love, he’s not putting up 25, 12, and 4 or whatever on a contender. He’s your second or third best guy on a contender.

As a Laker fan do you like Rondo over Ball? they can't keep both right? So now Magic's plan is the Brow next season? LBJ, Kwahi and Brow works but are you confident they get there? Sometimes its easier to be a knick fan ha

Right today I think Rondo is better. I’d like both though. Ball is 20. We need to be thinking down the road when GS gets old.

I think something is definitely up, and Davis would be as good of a target as any. And yes, I think we can get him...would be really helpful if we can wait on Kawhi and sign him outright and not have to give anything up though.

I still hope we can keep Ingram.

Right today I think Rondo is better. I’d like both though. Ball is 20. We need to be thinking down the road when GS gets old.

I think something is definitely up, and Davis would be as good of a target as any. And yes, I think we can get him...would be really helpful if we can wait on Kawhi and sign him outright and not have to give anything up though.

I still hope we can keep Ingram.
I mean if your going to renounce Randle I would have spent that money on Boogie.
Rondo kills the need of Ball.
GM LeBron really screwed the pooch on that one.
The Lakers didn’t make Boogie an offer.

Also the Pelicans really screwed their chances to keep Anthony Davis why they didn’t give Boogie a 3 year mad offer I don’t get.
3 years would have been the compromise.

This Cousins move is being vastly overrated. 7'0 300 lb human beings tend not do so well recovering from complete Achilles tears. There is no way he is anything close to 100 percent at any point during the next season.

moreover...even if he is...he does not fit well with what the warriors try to do..not with the starters anyway. if they are going to use him as sort of a cog for the second team, maybe it makes some sense.

If I was a GSW fan, I wouldn't want him on the team if he were free. Doesn't fit at all with what they try to do

As far as the Lakers go, we have a saying in medicine "first, do no harm" Well, the Laker's are seriously putting together a roster that reads like a reboot of "one flew over the cuckoos nest" ..they seriously needed to just stop after getting Lebron...Ho Lee Chit

I mean if your going to renounce Randle I would have spent that money on Boogie.

Also the Pelicans really screwed their chances to keep Anthony Davis why they didn’t give Boogie a 3 year mad offer I don’t get.

As far as the Lakers, you’re talking one year deals...which I don’t really care about. Long game at this point.

This Cousins move is being vastly overrated. 7'0 300 lb human beings tend not do so well recovering from complete Achilles tears. There is no way he is anything close to 100 percent at any point during the next season.

moreover...even if he is...he does not fit well with what the warriors try to do..not with the starters anyway. if they are going to use him as sort of a cog for the second team, maybe it makes some sense.

If I was a GSW fan, I wouldn't want him on the team if he were free. Doesn't fit at all with what they try to do

As far as the Lakers go, we have a saying in medicine "first, do no harm" Well, the Laker's are seriously putting together a roster that reads like a cast of the remake of "one flew over the cuckoos nest"

He can shoot and pass and teams on this “switch everything” style will pay dearly if they try that with him. CP3 or Harden switching into Cousins? Good luck.

He doesn’t need to post up on the block all game to be effective.

And I agree, that Achilles is definitely a concern. They don’t need him to be ready until March or so, though.

I'm guessing this is a case where it's technically true but not really. Maybe they didn't put the papers in front of him but I doubt he'd meet with the Lakers and not discuss a contract at all. There's already a rumor out there that the Lakers offered him 2/$14 mil but obviously he opted for the Warriors offer instead.

With the Pelicans, I imagine the massive improvements they saw once Cousins got hurt and was replaced by Mirotic probably made them not want to max Cousins out.

I'm guessing this is a case where it's technically true but not really. Maybe they didn't put the papers in front of him but I doubt he'd meet with the Lakers and not discuss a contract at all. There's already a rumor out there that the Lakers offered him 2/$14 mil but obviously he opted for the Warriors offer instead.

With the Pelicans, I imagine the massive improvements they saw once Cousins got hurt and was replaced by Mirotic probably made them not want to max Cousins out.
Yeah but AD wanted Cousins back.
Rondo as well.
NO didn’t even offer Rondo a full MLE.
They should be doing whatever will get AD to resign next summer.
If he doesn’t he is gone the following year.

He can shoot and pass and teams on this “switch everything” style will pay dearly if they try that with him. CP3 or Harden switching into Cousins? Good luck.

He doesn’t need to post up on the block all game to be effective.

And I agree, that Achilles is definitely a concern. They don’t need him to be ready until March or so, though.

Warriors like to switch everything too. This is how their D is so effective with AI and DG. they can stay with anyone. Sure cousins has a decent outside shot ..but do you really want him taking shots away from the other dudes? All I'm saying is that this doesn't move the needle much, if at all, in terms of GSW being better than everyone. They already were. He doesn't really make them any harder to beat though.

I wonder who’s on Ainge’s 2019/2020 free agency/trade short list.

Also NBA Twitter is right this stuff happening is all on the players association.
They didn’t vote for the smoothing of the salary cap and put it all in 2015.
That caused teams to spend like crazy that offseason.
How Evan Turner got 4 years 68 million still confuses me. Brad Stevens should have gotten a cut.

Teams spent beyond stupid that offseason and nobody had money this offseason except teams that don’t want to spend it except the Lakers and Sixers.

I tend to agree. In his career his teams are about 150 games below .500. I know a lot of that isn't his fault but if he was the superstar some make him out to be then his teams would do better than that. I think a bit too much is being made of this signing.

Yeah but AD wanted Cousins back.
Rondo as well.
NO didn’t even offer Rondo a full MLE.
They should be doing whatever will get AD to resign next summer.
If he doesn’t he is gone the following year.
They must know he's gone either way. Or else they are making no sense.

Seems like the people most mad at the Cousins signing are Lebron fans. Typical hypocrites they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom