NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Bizarre that folks think Davis is going to be angry when him and Randle are both UK guys and buds and he's the one that recruited him to the Pels.
He is pissed. They let Boogie and Rondo both UK guys go.
Playoff Rondo was a difference maker for them and they didn't even offer him a full 5.8 MLE.

Randle isn't enough. They could easily fall out of the playoffs with how deep the West is.

Question for the board:

Which is the bigger threat to competitive balance in the NBA?

A. Boogie signing with the Warriors
B. The disparity in top talent accumulation between the conferences

The Boogie signing really isn't that big of a deal in the big picture; the Warriors were already easily the favorites to win the title and he'll only be there for one year.

The Boogie signing really isn't that big of a deal in the big picture; the Warriors were already easily the favorites to win the title and he'll only be there for one year.
All it did was lower GS odds from winning the title from -110 to -150.
That isn't a huge spike. They no doubt got better I would still think if Boston or Houston get HCA they have atleast a puncher's chance and Steph could get injured. He missed 25 games last year.
I believe 11 of the top 15 teams in the NBA right now are in the West.
Put the Texas teams in the East and move Chicago/Indiana/Detroit out West.
Denver IMO would finish top 4 in the East next year.

Boston has the assets to get Davis if he is available.
The offer is Horford's contract for money.
One of Brown/Tatum
2 lottery picks Sac/Memphis
one of their own picks.

New Orleans isn't likely getting a better offer. They get a young all-star level player, an expiring contract in Horford and 2 more lottery picks. If NO knows they can't resign AD that offer gets it done.

The only time that they will know that is if he qualifies for the super max this summer and they offer it and he says no which seems hard to believe. And even if he does, they still have him under contract for 2 more seasons after that. I don't forsee him going anywhere or it even being worth talking about until the summer of 2020.

He is pissed. They let Boogie and Rondo both UK guys go.
Playoff Rondo was a difference maker for them and they didn't even offer him a full 5.8 MLE.

Randle isn't enough. They could easily fall out of the playoffs with how deep the West is.

I know that you are supposed to be the NBA guy on here but I read all of the same stuff you do but you've posted this same thing multiple times now and it is not accurate. The Pels had the non-taxpayer MLE of $8+ and used it on Randle. They didn't magically have the taxpayer as well. Randle over Rondo is an easy call and seeing as Davis led the recruitment, I'd say that he is quite ok with that.

Question for the board:

Hmm. I think it's B. Boogie is likely only going to be there for a year, and they were probably going to win anyway.

The fact that the Warriors are going to sweep the final in all likelihood makes the competitive balance issue seem worse; for instance, if the Rockets were in the east and they took the Warriors to 7 games in the finals, and arguably should've won the series without the injury, there wouldn't be as much talk about competitive balance. IMO.

The only time that they will know that is if he qualifies for the super max this summer and they offer it and he says no which seems hard to believe. And even if he does, they still have him under contract for 2 more seasons after that. I don't forsee him going anywhere or it even being worth talking about until the summer of 2020.

I think Davis has already qualified for the super max, no? They just can't offer it till next year

I know that you are supposed to be the NBA guy on here but I read all of the same stuff you do but you've posted this same thing multiple times now and it is not accurate. The Pels had the non-taxpayer MLE of $8+ and used it on Randle. They didn't magically have the taxpayer as well. Randle over Rondo is an easy call and seeing as Davis led the recruitment, I'd say that he is quite ok with that.
Newflash buddy I don't think I am anything. First, I have an opinion and give it. I don't claim my opinions are superior or right. I admit when I am wrong plenty. So if you want to knock that crap out now it would save stupid posts back and forth.,
Second, Pels couldn't prioritize Randle at 9 million till the Lakers renounced him was a RFA. Lakers wanted Randle for one year. He didn't want a one year deal and reduced role. They offered Rondo 1-9 mill he took it. The Pelicans didn't offer the full MLE to Rondo.

Third, I am not going to waste anymore time on you.

I have friends who think this is getting out of control and the league needs to do something. What exactly can the league do to stop free agents from signing with teams? Lol

Newflash buddy I don't think I am anything. First, I have an opinion and give it. I don't claim my opinions are superior or right. I admit when I am wrong plenty. So if you want to knock that crap out now it would save stupid posts back and forth.,
Second, Pels couldn't prioritize Randle at 9 million till the Lakers renounced him was a RFA. Lakers wanted Randle for one year. He didn't want a one year deal and reduced role. They offered Rondo 1-9 mill he took it. The Pelicans didn't offer the full MLE to Rondo.

Third, I am not going to waste anymore time on you.

What would be the point of bringing Rondo back when they already brought in Payton. Brought in a local kid to be their secondary ball handler behind Jrue and then locked up Randle with the MLE. Way better use of avail assets then just having Rondo or having 2 extra PGs.

I have friends who think this is getting out of control and the league needs to do something. What exactly can the league do to stop free agents from signing with teams? Lol
They can’t do anything until the next bargaining agreement but it doesn’t look good when fans and some analysts are just rolling their eyes and viewing this Golden State run (w/ KD) as a sham.

This is all the players own fault.
They didn't allow the cap to be smoothed over 3 years. If the spike didn't happen in 2015 then the Warriors don't have the cap space in 2016 for Kevin Durant. The NBA has never had parity which I don't get why fans want it. The best players win the titles.
Magic/Kareem/Bird/Isiah/Jordan/Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan/Kobe/LeBron/Curry/Durant.
I mean the 04 Pistons and 08 Celtics sprinkled in but its been the best players.

I think Davis has already qualified for the super max, no? They just can't offer it till next year

Ahh, you're right. He hit it this year when he made 1st team. Just technicality that they have to sit on it for another year.

Question for the board:

Neither, the warriors arent the same warriors after next season and the balance of power will be restored as the knicks, nets, 6ers, celtics, bulls are all about to load up on talent

Neither, the warriors arent the same warriors after next season and the balance of power will be restored as the knicks, nets, 6ers, celtics, bulls are all about to load up on talent

Knicks and Nets? If the East is going to hang it’s hat on the future, it’s gotta be on the Sixers and Celtics and maybe Giannis. The Knicks and Nets have not exactly been well run franchises.

Knicks and Nets? If the East is going to hang it’s hat on the future, it’s gotta be on the Sixers and Celtics and maybe Giannis. The Knicks and Nets have not exactly been well run franchises.
Your a Lakers fan you know the West of the 1980's was utter garbage beyond your Showtime crew.
That one year in 1986 when Hakeem/Sampson beat the Lakers was the only time the Lakers were really challenged out West.
The NBA runs in shifts. From the 1980s till Jordan in 1998 the East was better except the Lakers. Post Jordan its been the West every year.
LeBron has ruled over the East like the Lakers the West in the 80's.

I think the Nets/Knicks especially if Dolan sells the team will attract FAs.
Boston/Philly and everyone forgets Toronto who won 59 games last year are solid teams.
Milwaukee/Washington are playoff teams but not real threats.
The rest of conference needs get its crap together.

This is all the players own fault.
They didn't allow the cap to be smoothed over 3 years. If the spike didn't happen in 2015 then the Warriors don't have the cap space in 2016 for Kevin Durant. The NBA has never had parity which I don't get why fans want it. The best players win the titles.
Magic/Kareem/Bird/Isiah/Jordan/Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan/Kobe/LeBron/Curry/Durant.
I mean the 04 Pistons and 08 Celtics sprinkled in but its been the best players.
Apparently the 80s had more parity/more than 4 teams and also the 00s

I don't agree

Your a Lakers fan you know the West of the 1980's was utter garbage beyond your Showtime crew.
That one year in 1986 when Hakeem/Sampson beat the Lakers was the only time the Lakers were really challenged out West.
The NBA runs in shifts. From the 1980s till Jordan in 1998 the East was better except the Lakers. Post Jordan its been the West every year.
LeBron has ruled over the East like the Lakers the West in the 80's.

I think the Nets/Knicks especially if Dolan sells the team will attract FAs.
Boston/Philly and everyone forgets Toronto who won 59 games last year are solid teams.
Milwaukee/Washington are playoff teams but not real threats.
The rest of conference needs get its crap together.

In 1984, to make the finals, the Lakers beat the Kings (38-44), then the Mavs (43-39), and finally the Suns (41-41)
The next year, more of the same, they beat the Suns (36-46), Portland (42-40) before finally facing a 50 win team, the 52-30 Nuggets in the finals. (Lakers won that series in 5 games, won the 5th game 153-109. Guess how many 3's they made in the 153 point game?)

LOL

New York
Chicago
Boston
Philly

All top 10 markets, all will have more money and/or picks to give away than counterparts. Laugh all you’d like but it’s not ridiculous to foresee many top 20 players shifting east after next season.

Exactly this will all work itself out. Cycles in all sports.

The biggest problem with all sports is the ownerships want cost certainty and that leads to the belief you either have to be really good or really bad to become really good.
Salary caps suck the NFL isn't competitive because of the cap its competitive because players turnover so fast because the players can't play long careers because of the physical nature of the sport. Thus, rosters change and teams go up and down.

That doesn't happen in baseball and basketball. I wish sports were more like European soccer where you could open your own academies for youth players and if you develop the talent they can help you and if you have to sell atleast get a windfall you can put into your team and become better. Their will always be big dogs in every sport. However in European soccer you can't bottom out to get better if you suck you are relegated and lose money. American sports encourage you to be bad over mediocre to get better.

New York
Chicago
Boston
Philly

All top 10 markets, all will have more money and/or picks to give away than counterparts. Laugh all you’d like but it’s not ridiculous to foresee many top 20 players shifting east after next season.

Boston and Philly are fine. The Knicks and Bulls in theory seem like they should matter except they don't. Both have laughable front office and ownership issues and they struggle to even get a meeting with star players let alone needle moving superstars. It's possible that maybe someone like Kyrie might have spent his life dreaming of playing in NYC but is he going to take a lot less money and go to a less competitive team to do so? Highly unlikely. So good luck overpaying the 2nd tier guys and going nowhere which has been the case for decades in NY. The Bulls have a shot to be competent if they add another high lotto pick next year but they still need to figure out how to resolve Lavine's contract situation before they even get there.

In 1984, to make the finals, the Lakers beat the Kings (38-44), then the Mavs (43-39), and finally the Suns (41-41)
The next year, more of the same, they beat the Suns (36-46), Portland (42-40) before finally facing a 50 win team, the 52-30 Nuggets in the finals. (Lakers won that series in 5 games, won the 5th game 153-109. Guess how many 3's they made in the 153 point game?)
Cooper was called a 3point assassin back then with his career 34% from 3 mark. I am going to guess Cooper made three 3's for the Lakers total of 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom