NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

I tend to agree. In his career his teams are about 150 games below .500. I know a lot of that isn't his fault but if he was the superstar some make him out to be then his teams would do better than that. I think a bit too much is being made of this signing.
He played the superior conference for one of the worst organizations in the NBA.
He is a headcase but never had a stable coach and rotation around him till last year and he was an All-Star.

I wouldn’t want to give him 200 million but he is a 100 million dollar player. Easily with stupid contracts are given in that league.

I tend to agree. In his career his teams are about 150 games below .500. I know a lot of that isn't his fault but if he was the superstar some make him out to be then his teams would do better than that. I think a bit too much is being made of this signing.
I think its a gravy signing for GSW. IF he can play when he recovers he has to fit with them. He knows that they know they don't need him. IF he can give them a better match up with any big in the playoffs its a win for GSW. I think he wins them a game or two in the playoffs personally, but if he flames out no harm no foul for GSW they just sit him.

As far as the Lakers, you’re talking one year deals...which I don’t really care about. Long game at this point.

I hear ya but long game that revolves around a guy with 15 years under his belt. The other challenge is to see which big name FAs will come to play with LeBron. Not sure that is a given.

Cousins is so tantalizing. (#Woj). He really is one of the most talented big men in the league. He can shoot, he's a really good passer, he's surprisingly nimble for a guy his size. He really can do it all. But then there's all the other stuff.

I love the move for him though. He can prove he's healthy, he will likely win a title, and can hit the market in the summer

I think its a gravy signing for GSW. IF he can play when he recovers he has to fit with them. He knows that they know they don't need him. IF he can give them a better match up with any big in the playoffs its a win for GSW. I think he wins them a game or two in the playoffs personally, but if he flames out no harm no foul for GSW they just sit him.

Yes I agree it's not a big deal if this signing doesn't work. I'm just saying it's not a given that it works out in glorious fashion.

I'm not gonna lie, I am very afraid the Knicks will sign Boogie to a massive contract in 12 months
Good. I think boogie and kd will not get along and both leave. Knicks can have.

It what world does Jerami Grant get a bigger contract can’t Cousins. Smh

They must know he's gone either way. Or else they are making no sense.
We are talking about Pelicans management.
Incompetence isn't out of the picture.
They should have offered Rondo a multiyear MLE.
They aren't going to get primo FAs. Plus they gave up a lottery pick and Buddy Hield for Boogie. A 3 year max is the least they should have offered instead of trying to lowball him.

I’d trade Rondo, Stephenson and McGee for Cousins. Lakers are garbage, what the hell are they doing.

Gearing up for Kawhi, Kemba, Jimmy Butler next year?

I'm not one that believes KD, Kyrie, or Klay will play with Lebron next year. Why would Klay or KD do that and Kyrie didn't want to be with Lebron in Cleveland.

As a fan of the Celtics I got no beef with Boogie.
He stayed West and if the Celtics are lucky enough to face the Warriors they were underdogs already.
This signing hurts LeBron and the Rockets/Thunder more.

Gearing up for Kawhi, Kemba, Jimmy Butler next year?

I'm not one that believes KD, Kyrie, or Klay will play with Lebron next year. Why would Klay or KD do that and Kyrie didn't want to be with Lebron in Cleveland.
Bingo Klay isn't going to LA.
Durant I have no clue where is going but he could leave GS and the Knicks/Nets could be the teams for him.
Kyrie I have a hard time imagining leaving Boston. They will give him the most money and a competitive team.

Kawhi/Kemba I could see but that isn't beating GS.

Durant I have no clue where is going but he could leave GS and the Knicks/Nets could be the teams for him.
Kyrie I have a hard time imagining leaving Boston. They will give him the most money and a competitive team.

Just based on the talk and everything, I think there's a pretty good chance Durant isn't a warrior next year. Obviously there's one place I'd like him to end up.

I'm still not sold on Kawhi ever playing for the Lakers either. I think he could end up with the Clippers and there's still a chance he stays in SAS.

I'm still not sold on Kawhi ever playing for the Lakers either. I think he could end up with the Clippers and there's still a chance he stays in SAS.
Yeah I could the Spurs dealing him in February as the leaks from SAS from Kawhi's camp can't be helping him from Pop's POV.
If I were advising Kawhi I would tell his camp to ST(F))U and do right by the organization as they aren't going to keep him and get nothing.

Let Pop leverage Philly to LA and bring back a decent haul.
Even Dwight Howard shut up once he told Orlando he wanted out and helped them get a solid return for same. Same for Melo etc.

As a Laker fan do you like Rondo over Ball? they can't keep both right? So now Magic's plan is the Brow next season? LBJ, Kwahi and Brow works but are you confident they get there? Sometimes its easier to be a knick fan ha

According to RPM Lonzo is better than Rondo.

As a Laker fan do you like Rondo over Ball? they can't keep both right? So now Magic's plan is the Brow next season? LBJ, Kwahi and Brow works but are you confident they get there? Sometimes its easier to be a knick fan ha

How do you figure that Davis is avail next season? He's not a UFA until the summer of 2021. Good luck with that. The only shot any one has is the Celtics if they offer Tatum, the Kings pick and the Grizz pick plus cap filler and that might not be enough.

According to RPM Lonzo is better than Rondo.
I watched Rondo too much in his career he is a player who plays like a dog when its non-national TV game and when its a TNT or playoff game plays out of is mind.
If he gives the national TV Rondo effort he is better than Lonzo next year the problem is he won't and he is going to mouth off toward Lonzo about his dad. I wish I could bet on stuff like this. Rondo passive aggressively calls out Lonzo about his dad.

They must know he's gone either way. Or else they are making no sense.

Bizarre that folks think Davis is going to be angry when him and Randle are both UK guys and buds and he's the one that recruited him to the Pels.

Question for the board:

Which is the bigger threat to competitive balance in the NBA?

A. Boogie signing with the Warriors
B. The disparity in top talent accumulation between the conferences

How do you figure that Davis is avail next season? He's not a UFA until the summer of 2021. Good luck with that. The only shot any one has is the Celtics if they offer Tatum, the Kings pick and the Grizz pick plus cap filler and that might not be enough.
Boston has the assets to get Davis if he is available.
The offer is Horford's contract for money.
One of Brown/Tatum
2 lottery picks Sac/Memphis
one of their own picks.

New Orleans isn't likely getting a better offer. They get a young all-star level player, an expiring contract in Horford and 2 more lottery picks. If NO knows they can't resign AD that offer gets it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom