NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Magic should offer the TWolves Ingram and Deng for Jimmy Butler.
He should start with Lonzo and Deng but if he has to give up Ingram do it.
Butler and KAT hate each other.
Give up Ingram but unload a bad contract and Thibs get Deng back + a young player to ruin on the bench.

Speaking of mis-managed teams. The Wolves are in some serious trouble. Thibs is way too self-destructive to be given personnel control. That Wiggins contract is already an albatross before it even kicked in. Spent a ton of assets on Butler and he might bounce for nothing. The Franchise player is already unhappy before getting to contract #2. That deal would be functional and possible with most other teams but no chance whatsoever that Thibs unloads his boy Jimmy for a youngster.

Speaking of mis-managed teams. The Wolves are in some serious trouble. Thibs is way too self-destructive to be given personnel control. That Wiggins contract is already an albatross before it even kicked in. Spent a ton of assets on Butler and he might bounce for nothing. The Franchise player is already unhappy before getting to contract #2. That deal would be functional and possible with most other teams but no chance whatsoever that Thibs unloads his boy Jimmy for a youngster.

I think this is overstated. At the time, they gave up a SG that wasn't very good but showed some promise before tearing his ACL, an old rookie that was flat out awful at the time, and Lauri Markkanen for a top 10-15 player and Justin Patton.

Even in retrospect, they gave up Markkanen, Lavine (who looked atrocious when he returned from injury this season), and Dunn (who was still pretty bad but could end up being a Marcus Smart level player) for Butler and Patton.

If Butler ends up walking, obviously that's not good; but I can't blame them for thinking Butler would want to stay with the coach that he loves. I wouldn't even be shocked if they ultimately choose to keep Thibs and Butler and send Towns and Wiggins packing instead.

I think the Wolves are a mess, and Towns/Wiggins are a big part of why that's the case. But Minnesota really didn't pay very much to get Butler IMO.

Boston and Philly are fine. The Knicks and Bulls in theory seem like they should matter except they don't. Both have laughable front office and ownership issues and they struggle to even get a meeting with star players let alone needle moving superstars. It's possible that maybe someone like Kyrie might have spent his life dreaming of playing in NYC but is he going to take a lot less money and go to a less competitive team to do so? Highly unlikely. So good luck overpaying the 2nd tier guys and going nowhere which has been the case for decades in NY. The Bulls have a shot to be competent if they add another high lotto pick next year but they still need to figure out how to resolve Lavine's contract situation before they even get there.

#FireGarPax

Been saying it for too many years now. They are the worst.

Chicago has the money to spend now (they have $26 million in cap space plus a $9 mil trade exception and a $8.8 mil mid-level exception today), but instead they are trying collect more picks and/or bad expiring contracts. They already have at least 40 million for next summer (that figure is say they give Lavine 20 mil-- so it could possibly more or less depending on what they do with him). I'm thinking they end up signing ZL in the 15 mil range.

Bulls will have a legit shot at The Brow if and when he becomes available. But if anyone can mess up a superstar that wants to come home to Chicago... GarPax can!

I think this is overstated. At the time, they gave up a SG that wasn't very good but showed some promise before tearing his ACL, an old rookie that was flat out awful at the time, and Lauri Markkanen for a top 10-15 player and Justin Patton.

Even in retrospect, they gave up Markkanen, Lavine (who looked atrocious when he returned from injury this season), and Dunn (who was still pretty bad but could end up being a Marcus Smart level player) for Butler and Patton.

If Butler ends up walking, obviously that's not good; but I can't blame them for thinking Butler would want to stay with the coach that he loves. I wouldn't even be shocked if they ultimately choose to keep Thibs and Butler and send Towns and Wiggins packing instead.

I think the Wolves are a mess, and Towns/Wiggins are a big part of why that's the case. But Minnesota really didn't pay very much to get Butler IMO.

They gave 3 recent lotto picks from within the prior 3 drafts for him. Its not like thats a small amount. Just because Chicago takes Markkanen at 7 doesn't really devalue what the value of that pick was on draft day. It could've turned into Smith or Mitchell too. Sure if Lavine and Dunn never develop further then its not a big deal in hindsight but at the time that was a pretty big pay, not that Thibs would've played a rookie over the Taj Gibson's of the world because he's a nutcase.

#FireGarPax

Been saying it for too many years now. They are the worst.

Chicago has the money to spend now (they have $26 million in cap space plus a $9 mil trade exception and a $8.8 mil mid-level exception today), but instead they are trying collect more picks and/or bad expiring contracts. They already have at least 40 million for next summer (that figure is say they give Lavine 20 mil-- so it could possibly more or less depending on what they do with him). I'm thinking they end up signing ZL in the 15 mil range.

Bulls will have a legit shot at The Brow if and when he becomes available. But if anyone can mess up a superstar that wants to come home to Chicago... GarPax can!

I honestly think its very smart of them to be in asset collection mode right now. No reason to clog up their capsheet to end up a 7 seed or to take playing time from the kids. Let the kids play and add another next year and if progress warrants it, start adding pieces to supplement the kids.

Lavine's deal is going to be tough to resolve from both sides. Can't imagine he wants to settle for something in the 3 for $36 range but can't imagine they want to give anything larger over long term until they see him play better. Think he could def bet on himself and sign the QO and be a fa next year.

I honestly think its very smart of them to be in asset collection mode right now. No reason to clog up their capsheet to end up a 7 seed or to take playing time from the kids. Let the kids play and add another next year and if progress warrants it, start adding pieces to supplement the kids.

Lavine's deal is going to be tough to resolve from both sides. Can't imagine he wants to settle for something in the 3 for $36 range but can't imagine they want to give anything larger over long term until they see him play better. Think he could def bet on himself and sign the QO and be a fa next year.

Agreed. That is the route I'd like to see them go this coming year. Collect assets, let the youngsters play and develop together this year, hope for another high draft pick next year, and go after next years big free agent class with a lot of cap space. I forgot to add in fire GarPax on the to do list.

They gave 3 recent lotto picks from within the prior 3 drafts for him. Its not like thats a small amount. Just because Chicago takes Markkanen at 7 doesn't really devalue what the value of that pick was on draft day. It could've turned into Smith or Mitchell too. Sure if Lavine and Dunn never develop further then its not a big deal in hindsight but at the time that was a pretty big pay, not that Thibs would've played a rookie over the Taj Gibson's of the world because he's a nutcase.

On the contrary, I think Markkanen was basically the only valuable included in the trade. Lavine was a pretty bad player who then tore his ACL and Dunn was absolutely horrific as a rookie despite being relatively old. They gave up two meh prospects and slide down 9 spots in the draft to get a top 10-15 player.

Rumor is that the Lakers, T-Wolves and Spurs are now in talks.

LA sends some grouping of the young guys and a pick to T-Wolves. I assume this would include BI.
T-Wolves send Butler to Spurs (Spurs get a LAL pick in there)
LA gets Kawhi

LA sends some grouping of the young guys and a pick to T-Wolves. I assume this would include BI.
LA gets Kawhi

Don’t do it! Sign him next year. And if that falls through, sign one of the many others who will be out there. Ingram’s gonna be a stud anyways! We aren’t winning this year anyway! We can wait a year. If the time comes down the road where we’ve gotta part with Ingram for a better superstar that can help us win a title, that’s different.

LA gets Kawhi

Where is this rumor coming from?

On the contrary, I think Markkanen was basically the only valuable included in the trade. Lavine was a pretty bad player who then tore his ACL and Dunn was absolutely horrific as a rookie despite being relatively old. They gave up two meh prospects and slide down 9 spots in the draft to get a top 10-15 player.

Think you're underestimating Lavine's 16-17 a bit. Can't imagine the list of 22 year olds averaging 19ppg on 39% from 3 is extensive. Maybe he ends up a good stats bad team guy but he looked like something more than a meh prospect for sure.

Buddy who uses his own ELO rankings has the NBA looking like this next year
Western Conference Playoff Standings
1.Warriors
2.Rockets
3.Thunder
4.Lakers
5.Pelicans
6.Twolves
7.Jazz
8.Nuggets
9.TrailBlazers
10.Suns
11.Spurs
12.Mavs
13.Clippers
14.Kings
15.Grizzlies

East
1.Celtics
2.76ers
3.Bucks
4.Raptors
5.Pacers
6.Wizards
7. Heat
8. Bulls
9. Pistons
10. Cavaliers
11. Hornets
12. Nets
13. Knicks
14. Hawks
15. Magic

Bottom 5
1. Orlando
2. Atlanta
3. New York
4. Memphis
5. Sacramento

Wilson Chandler was traded to Philly. Philly is up to something.

Wilson Chandler was traded to Philly. Philly is up to something.
Philly used their cap space.
Chandler is an expiring contract and can help in the rotation and they picked up a second round pick in 2021 and ability to flip second round picks in 2022.
Philly can’t use their cap space on anybody now so they bought some picks.
Denver got 12.5 million off their luxury tax bill.

Has it occurred to anyone that a lot of guys might not want to play with Lebron after they saw the way Bosh, Love and even Kyrie/Wade to a degree were used as scapegoats for losing at certain time while all still being quite productive?

Has it occurred to anyone that a lot of guys might not want to play with Lebron after they saw the way Bosh, Love and even Kyrie/Wade to a degree were used as scapegoats for losing at certain time while all still being quite productive?
I for one blame the snowflake millennial pajama boys.

Amen. That seems to be the case.

I for one blame the snowflake millennial pajama boys.
They’re tp blame for everything.

But the NBA is the biggest bunch of pathetic snowflake losers, who don’t understand adversity, accomplishment and achievement, so they all flock to 1 or 2 teams.

Screw this season and a few to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom