NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Jerebko was like the Jazz's 5th or 6th forward after Ingles, Favors, Crowder, Sefalosha, and arguably O'Neale.

He’s just another veteran, positive attitude perimeter player with valuable playoff experience.

I don’t get how Kyle Anderson got 4-37 million and all Julius Randle could get is 2-18 million.
Really I don’t get the stupidity of some of these FO.

Jerebko was like the Jazz's 5th or 6th forward after Ingles, Favors, Crowder, Sefalosha, and arguably O'Neale.
Eating 4.2 million and waiving him doesn’t help the Jazz.
If somebody gets hurt he is a solid player and helps the Warriors 2nd unit.

Eating 4.2 million and waiving him doesn’t help the Jazz.
If somebody gets hurt he is a solid player and helps the Warriors 2nd unit.
They didn't eat 4.2. It was a team opt out. This gives them a little more financial flex to pursue another player or be more active in the trade market.

Lopez to the Bucks.

What's going on with Jabari?

Sounds like nobody really wants to touch Jabari/almost all teams can only offer around the mid-level exception, which the Bucks would presumably match (if Jabari would even accept the MLE). Milwaukee can still go up to like $17 million to match Jabari if they want to. I'm not really sure what the plan is there at this point.

Signing Brook is possibly huge for Milwaukee though; finally have a starting caliber C and he's pretty much a perfect fit next to Giannis.

Sounds like nobody really wants to touch Jabari/almost all teams can only offer around the mid-level exception, which the Bucks would presumably match (if Jabari would even accept the MLE). Milwaukee can still go up to like $17 million to match Jabari if they want to. I'm not really sure what the plan is there at this point.

Signing Brook is possibly huge for Milwaukee though; finally have a starting caliber C and he's pretty much a perfect fit next to Giannis.
I've heard there's weird unfollowing stuff going on between Jabari and the Bucks on Twitter, which is so 2018.

Love Lopez there, especially at that price. Jabari needs to prove he's healthy and not just an empty stats guy if he wants to get paid. Teams are actually smart enough now to not pay those guys a ton except Minnesota apparently.

I don’t get how Kyle Anderson got 4-37 million and all Julius Randle could get is 2-18 million.

Got the same money. I assume Randle wouldn't have accepted that amount over that term. Slo Mo has always been a guy that just helps his teams win basketball games. That's why his WS is essentially the same as Randle's despite the drastic PPG difference. Honestly not a ton to love about Randle, I don't know that he really helps teams since he is such a black hole when he touches the ball. His usage rate is at star level.

I've heard there's weird unfollowing stuff going on between Jabari and the Bucks on Twitter, which is so 2018.

Yeah, supposedly Jabari unfollowed the Bucks and Giannis' instagram accounts? Having said that, he still follows basically everyone else on the team and still follows Giannis and the Bucks on Twitter, where Jabari is more active anyways. I don't really know what to make of it; maybe he was just annoyed by having a million instagram posts from Giannis lately with his 2K19 advertising and whatnot haha. Or maybe he never followed them in the first place; I don't know.

Memphis' owners want to win 50 games (I know, I know). SloMo can be plugged in at the three for the grit n grind they want to play and do relatively well. Young, can pass, crafty on offense, great defense, good locker room guy. If it were for one year less and that trade kicker stripped, I think people would view it more favorably.

I'm with you on Randle. Not as a star, but as a solid starter.

Same. There's also talk he might sign the QO and hit UFA next summer.

Not an original take, but after the Bulls officially match, the Knicks should see if the Kings want Hardaway Jr

On a scale of Eddie Curry to Kristaps, how are you feeling about Knox and Mitch Rob?

I'm still like 10% thinking KD signs with us next year.

Memphis' owners want to win 50 games (I know, I know). SloMo can be plugged in at the three for the grit n grind they want to play and do relatively well. Young, can pass, crafty on offense, great defense, good locker room guy. If it were for one year less and that trade kicker stripped, I think people would view it more favorably.

I'm with you on Randle. Not as a star, but as a solid starter.
Memphis isn’t a playoff team unless Gasol is an all star and Jackson is Tatum like next year.
The ownership down there is just stupid.
Phoenix and Clippers aren’t playoff teams and Dallas added Doncic and Jordan.
Grizz will win 30-35 games next year.

On a scale of Eddie Curry to Kristaps, how are you feeling about Knox and Mitch Rob?

I'm still like 10% thinking KD signs with us next year.

I've seen a little of the 2 summer league games. Robinson I feel like is as advertised, super athletic, lot of potential, but probably a long way to go. But you could see a contributor there. Konx, I guess I'm a little higher on him now than on draft night?

I do have some expectations that Fiz and company can develop some of the young guys.

Memphis isn’t a playoff team unless Gasol is an all star and Jackson is Tatum like next year.

I do like JJJ, but I'm with you - I think they'll be a decent team in terms of competitiveness, but the West is just too strong.

When they locked in Gasol and Conley Jr. to those contracts they set the course that they were going to compete.

This is a huge plus for Melo to get to Houston.

I really hope this can work out for him.

I heard Ainge-Morey might talk Smart for Gordon and pick.

Hmm. Picking up Melo could offset the loss of Gordon’s scoring.

Better combo of players for Houston: Smart-Melo or Gordon-Ariza?

Hmm. Picking up Melo could offset the loss of Gordon’s scoring.

Better combo of players for Houston: Smart-Melo or Gordon-Ariza?

It's a team designed to have 3 and d guys. Smart and Melo can't shoot efficiently.

Kings are supposedly about to offer Smart
That would be so Vlade to overpay the guy who is only valuable to a team that is a contender.

Anything over 4-60 and the guy is beyond stupid. I am now expecting 4-78 and Smart goes there and fades out.

If Houston were actually considering sending Gordon and picks for Smart, it's probably in Houston's best interest that Sacramento overpay Smart instead.

Gotta say, I kinda hate the off-season for Houston so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom