NBA playoffs: and then there were four | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: and then there were four

Isn't there a mercy rule in the NBA? The Pacers clearly want this game to be over asap.

Oh stop. Who do you root for and I'll tell you about some of your "bad" players. He's off on an island because he's the only one who doesn't need a halftime heart transplant. Only guy out there who gives a damn. People are overreacting to him sooooooo much. Bill Simmons crying like a little girl rn over it. I'll take Lance on my team over any of these Pacer wannabes.

Not to stand up for anybody else here... But he wasn't defending his own team just commenting on Stephensons douchey-ness.

Overall, I would say the majority of professional athletes (all sports) are on the whole bad people. They are told their entire lives they are special and are treated as such, when they screw up as kids people look the other way because they help them win, and winning matters more than just about anything. That's why so many pros (again all sports) are in the news for beating women, caught doing drugs (man incredibly common look the other way growing up bad act) getting DUIs getting caught bringing guns into controlled locations like airports, stories in the news/media about draft picks (and even established pros) trying to overcome troubled pasts for arrests when they were "young and stupid" for bar fights, strip club incidents, and the like. They never experience repercussions for their actions, so they never get the message that doing stuff like that is truly wrong.

Are there exceptional human beings in Pro Sports? Abso-freakin-lutely. However those people who are truly great people are far outnumbered by the bad guys in sports. But that won't ever change as long as we keep giving $100 million dollar deals to guys who use steroids, or guys who get caught stealing cars and have multiple drug violations on record. It won't ever change until fans stop buying jerseys of guys like Ray Lewis, OJ Simpson, Aaron Hernandez and Dontae Stallworth, NFL players involved in the deaths of other people (Note: did not say murderer, I said involved)

That's why I think it's funny when fans rip on teams for having "low character" guys, like their team isn't full of them. They just have either not been caught yet, or their transgressions are 'minor' like dealing drugs or basic weapons charges as opposed to being accused of rape for the 4th time in their life.

It's amazing how much people are willing to look the other way in the name of rooting for their team. Especially when I'd bet if they met someone on the street who had done half as much stupid stuff as some pros (but had been properly punished for their actions) they would consider that person scum of the earth.

Disclaimer: I am a gigantic sports fan, and root without mercy for my teams, regardless of the morons my team chooses to employ. I also make moronic statements regarding how other teams are horrible for employing the likes of Aaron Hernandez and Ron "Metta World peace" Artest. So I am absolutely not immune to things I just said.

Not to stand up for anybody else here... But he wasn't defending his own team just commenting on Stephensons douchey-ness.

Overall, I would say the majority of professional athletes (all sports) are on the whole bad people. They are told their entire lives they are special and are treated as such, when they screw up as kids people look the other way because they help them win, and winning matters more than just about anything. That's why so many pros (again all sports) are in the news for beating women, caught doing drugs (man incredibly common look the other way growing up bad act) getting DUIs getting caught bringing guns into controlled locations like airports, stories in the news/media about draft picks (and even established pros) trying to overcome troubled pasts for arrests when they were "young and stupid" for bar fights, strip club incidents, and the like. They never experience repercussions for their actions, so they never get the message that doing stuff like that is truly wrong.

Are there exceptional human beings in Pro Sports? Abso-freakin-lutely. However those people who are truly great people are far outnumbered by the bad guys in sports. But that won't ever change as long as we keep giving $100 million dollar deals to guys who use steroids, or guys who get caught stealing cars and have multiple drug violations on record. It won't ever change until fans stop buying jerseys of guys like Ray Lewis, OJ Simpson, Aaron Hernandez and Dontae Stallworth, NFL players involved in the deaths of other people (Note: did not say murderer, I said involved)

That's why I think it's funny when fans rip on teams for having "low character" guys, like their team isn't full of them. They just have either not been caught yet, or their transgressions are 'minor' like dealing drugs or basic weapons charges as opposed to being accused of rape for the 4th time in their life.

It's amazing how much people are willing to look the other way in the name of rooting for their team. Especially when I'd bet if they met someone on the street who had done half as much stupid stuff as some pros (but had been properly punished for their actions) they would consider that person scum of the earth.

Disclaimer: I am a gigantic sports fan, and root without mercy for my teams, regardless of the morons my team chooses to employ. I also make moronic statements regarding how other teams are horrible for employing the likes of Aaron Hernandez and Ron "Metta World peace" Artest. So I am absolutely not immune to things I just said.

Huh? Far out numbered? Take a step back for a minute. You're a bit off base, imo. You just only hear about the ones who get themselves into trouble because that's what reported.

"that's why so many pros..."--- it's all relative.

Stephenson is a clown. Wonder if he cost himself some money. There's so much cap space out there he may not have.

Outside of Lebron, no one has distinguished themselves as a better player than Melo. KD is better but let's not forget he's had his struggles and even with Westbrook doesn't have a shot without Ibaka. I think NY fans are realizing just how good he is now.

As far as Paul George goes, he's all hype and he's been punked far too often now to be considered an elite player.

Durant is pretty clearly better than Melo. Melo is really good though, he's had a great run the last 2 years. I think he's a better player now than when the Knicks first acquired him. OKC has no chance of beating the Spurs without Ibaka, but that doesn't mean Durant isn't a better player than Melo. Durant and LBJ are head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and then I'd put Melo in that group of players after them.

Stephenson is a clown. Wonder if he cost himself some money. There's so much cap space out there he may not have.

Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh can't be happy with Lance. He's a special talent, but he's also a head case and clearly unable to control himself. On top of everything, all his "chicanery," as Shane Battier referred to it, clearly is ineffective and only hurts his team, not the opposing team, at least in this case. Lance is an outstanding player, but his head and skills clearly are not in sync; did he really think he was gonna win playing mind games with LeBron? So, yes, I think he mighta cost himself some chedda with his "buffoonery" (Ray Allen's word).

Gonna be a great finals, regardless of who comes outta the West. As a Heat fan, I'd like to see OKC, but don't see them winning two in a row, particularly game 7 in San Antonio, if there is a game 7. I see Vegas today again has the Heat as the favorite. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh can't be happy with Lance. He's a special talent, but he's also a head case and clearly unable to control himself. On top of everything, all his "chicanery," as Shane Battier referred to it, clearly is ineffective and only hurts his team, not the opposing team, at least in this case. Lance is an outstanding player, but his head and skills clearly are not in sync; did he really think he was gonna win playing mind games with LeBron? So, yes, I think he mighta cost himself some chedda with his "buffoonery" (Ray Allen's word).

Gonna be a great finals, regardless of who comes outta the West. As a Heat fan, I'd like to see OKC, but don't see them winning two in a row, particularly game 7 in San Antonio, if there is a game 7. I see Vegas today again has the Heat as the favorite. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/
I think Lance's tactics could work on a team that can back it up, unfortunately against Miami, there aren't too many. One thing I do know is that Indiana CLEARLY, isn't that team. Hibbert is a joke, PG is such a fake star it's not even funny. Hill is mediocre and their bench sucks. I'd say that Stephenson and West are their 2 best players. The rout started when Lance and West were on the bench at the end of the first.

Ppl want to hate on Lance because you can see his antics, luckily for Paul George nobody can see how his inability to control himself around other dudes women messed up that locker room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom