Curry/kyrie
Klay/tatum
Green/Horford
Durant/hayward
Iggy/Brown
Livingston/Rozier
West/Morris
Zaza/Baynes

These teams are absurdly deep and keep going.

The only thing that truly separates these two squads is the FACT that KD is unguardable.

No doubt in my mind Morris and Smart could instigate Green/zaza/kd though.

Curry/kyrie
Klay/tatum
Green/Horford
Durant/hayward
Iggy/Brown
Livingston/Rozier
West/Morris
Zaza/Baynes

The only thing that truly separates these two squads is the FACT that KD is unguardable.

Zaza doesn't even play anymore for the Warriors. He's been replaced by Looney/Javale in the rotation.

Zaza doesn't even play anymore for the Warriors. He's been replaced by Looney/Javale in the rotation.
Alright well matchup any of their bigs with Morris/Baynes/Monroe/Horford.

My point is each team contains two nearly playoff calibre line ups. The celtics alone have:

Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Hayward
Horford

Rozier
Smart
Ojeleye
Morris/Theis
Monroe/Baynes

Draymond is the Rodman who played for Detroit and was a 2 time DPOY.
Both are agitators who are defensive first players and glue guys.
Draymond is perfect for the Warriors because he allows them to play him at the 5 and they can still play elite defense. If this was the 90s Draymond couldn’t defend Mutombo, Ewing, Mourning, Shaq, Hakeem, Simts.
NBA game has changed to where 5’s aren’t what they used to be.

Draymond is far more a complete player than Rodman. Assists alone is the greatest difference. Rodman averaged 1.8 assists for his career. Green is at 4.6 right now and had 7.3 apg this year.

I never want to count the Celtics out, Stevens is a hell of a coach and they have some talented players, but the Warriors are going to have at least the two best players on the court if they matched up with Boston.

Curry/kyrie
Klay/tatum
Green/Horford
Durant/hayward
Iggy/Brown
Livingston/Rozier
West/Morris
Zaza/Baynes

For right now at least, using your matchups (obviously we'll have to wait and see how Tatum for example develops):

Curry > Kyrie
Klay > Tatum
Green > Horford
Durant > Hayward
Iggy < Brown
Livingston < Rozier
West < Morris
Looney/McGee > Baynes (this one could go either way IMO)

Golden State has the advantage at basically all the significant spots IMO.

For right now at least, using your matchups (obviously we'll have to wait and see how Tatum for example develops):

Curry > Kyrie
Klay > Tatum
Green > Horford
Durant > Hayward
Iggy < Brown
Livingston < Rozier
West < Morris

I dont disagree, We’d have to use depth and the headcases on Gsw to our advantage i guess.

I dont think GSW would pull off that series in anything less than 6 games though.

Curry > Kyrie
Klay > Tatum
Green > Horford
Durant > Hayward
Iggy < Brown
Livingston < Rozier
West < Morris

In the playoffs right now, Horford is better than Green. Future is no doubt in Green's favor, but Boston would not still be playing with Big Al and all he's done.

In the playoffs right now, Horford is better than Green. Future is no doubt in Green's favor, but Boston would not still be playing with Big Al and all he's done.

Al is great, he has been probably their best player in the playoffs. I still think Green is better. Just a little more versatile defensively, I think.

The best chance anyone has is to take Green out of the game emotionally.

Al is great, he has been probably their best player in the playoffs. I still think Green is better. Just a little more versatile defensively, I think.

The best chance anyone has is to take Green out of the game emotionally.

I would have thought so as well until I saw him play the Greek Freak. Draymond is just ahead of Al in defensive win shares for this year's playoffs.

upload_2018-5-15_9-48-54.png

And his offense has far exceeded Dray.

upload_2018-5-15_9-49-38.png

Like I said, as of today, I prefer Al over Dray. Besides the obvious fact Big Al won't go crazy like we know Green will at some point.

upload_2018-5-15_9-52-45.png

If anybody can take green and kd out mentally its Morris and Smart.

Jalen Brown’s emerging as a bit of a talker as well.

Your first sentence is spot on. Can you imagine how much more lethal Jordan would have been playing in today's NBA? He was unstoppable even when the opposition was allowed to goon it up.

No comparison.

I'd love to see Lebron play vs. Detroit's "Jordan rules".

Draymond is perfect for the Warriors because he allows them to play him at the 5 and they can still play elite defense. If this was the 90s Draymond couldn’t defend Mutombo, Ewing, Mourning, Shaq, Hakeem, Simts.
But Green is a better shooter, passer, etc. Both vital cogs to winning teams.

Not playoffs related, but the Bucks are meeting with Mike Budenholzer and Ettore Messina for final interviews for the coaching job today. Pleasant surprise for (fingers crossed) no mention of Monty Williams or Steve Clifford yet.

Not playoffs related, but the Bucks are meeting with Mike Budenholzer and Ettore Messina for final interviews for the coaching job today. Pleasant surprise for (fingers crossed) no mention of Monty Williams or Steve Clifford yet.

Budenholzer is a home run, right?

Budenholzer is a home run, right?

He's the #1 guy IMO. I'd love to see Giannis and Middleton in a scheme that stresses ball-movement and spacing. Messina would probably be fine, but I do wonder if his disciplinarian traits will mesh well with NBA players; I'm sure he's learned a lot from Pop though and he's an extremely accomplished coach in his own right.

Also not playoff related, but Dennis Schroeder has seemingly publicly stated that he thinks he might be traded to Indiana or Milwaukee. I wonder how a Budenholzer hire would impact that.

Also not playoff related, but Dennis Schroeder has seemingly publicly stated that he thinks he might be traded to Indiana or Milwaukee. I wonder how a Budenholzer hire would impact that.

I feel like he had issues with Bud in Atlanta, but I could be making that up

Draymond offensively gives you more than Rodman could ever fathom to do. But, yeah, I hear ya in regards to the D.

We’ll see what happens. If they dispose of the Cavs in 4-6 games then BOS can and will give GS a series, IMO. They are playing with serious aptitude, hunger, and of course athleticism. I think if they continue to play sound D then who knows. Athletically and skill-wise they should be able to give anybody some problems, including GS.

Draymond offensively gives you more than Rodman could ever fathom to do. But, yeah, I hear ya in regards to the D.

I just LOVE Draymond's game. (His antics, not so much). There was a sequence yesterday where he blew up a pick and roll with a steal, then next time down he played great defense at the rim, forced a miss, then got a defensive rebound, lead the break and set up Klay for a wide open 3.

I just LOVE Draymond's game. (His antics, not so much). There was a sequence yesterday where he blew up a pick and roll with a steal, then next time down he played great defense at the rim, forced a miss, then got a defensive rebound, lead the break and set up Klay for a wide open 3.

Yup. He is terrific. If one is a fan of the sport then his game should resonate. That DeMarcus Cousins, also who indulges with antics on occasion, is really good also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom