NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Has there been a good game yet in the conference finals? This sucks.

I feel like last year their were a ton of blowouts too.

I ran out to the grocery store in the middle of this one.
Buy anything good?

Has there been a good game yet in the conference finals? This sucks.

I feel like last year their were a ton of blowouts too.
last 2 seasons, we've been more than twice as likely to get a 30+ point blowout (5 times now) than a single digit game (twice)
not even counting the 15, 20, 25 point laughers

If Sacramento doesn’t take Doncic and trade him they are just stupid.

Why would his posse want him in Memphis?

I said that if Doncic is going to use leverage then Sacramento has to trade and get value.
Philadelphia should be all over this with the 10th pick and Fultz.

Atlanta if Sacramento went Bagley shouldn’t have a problem taking Doncic.

If the reports are to be believed, Sacramento and Atlanta both want to take a big man. I think Doncic is on a different tier than Bagley, but I do think Bagley is a fine fit in Sacramento. I can’t believe the reports that Atlanta wants Bagley though. He and John Collins are an awful fit. If Ayton and Doncic are gone, Atlanta should be taking literally anyone but Bagley IMO.

The Warriors are shooting 55% from 3 and 50% overall when Harden is the main defender.

For all the talk about Steph being singled out as the weak link he's holding his man to 44% shooting, 23% from 3 and just .88 points per possession.

The Warriors are shooting 55% from 3 and 50% overall when Harden is the main defender.

For all the talk about Steph being singled out as the weak link he's holding his man to 44% shooting, 23% from 3 and just .88 points per possession.
Is there a lot of talk on that re: Steph?

Harden got embarrassingly crossovered two times last night.
He is a DH. All offense no matador defense.
He shouldn’t be MVP but he is going to win.

I don't think the Rockets will ever win a title with him as their best player. He's the Barkley of this generation.

The livingston crossup was brutal.

That tool deserves it for staring down Wes after the shove

Is there a lot of talk on that re: Steph?

Houston has certainly made it a priority to attack Steph whenever they can. I think at least part of that strategy is more to do with tiring him out on the offensive end rather than because of how bad he is defensively though. Steph has proven himself to be a solid defender IMO.

I don't think the Rockets will ever win a title with him as their best player. He's the Barkley of this generation.

As long as the Warriors remain together, I can't confidently say any other team in the league will win a title to be honest lol. I think Harden is clearly good enough to be the best player on a title team, but it isn't going to happen as long as the Warriors remain together; LeBron is arguably the best or 2nd best player of all-time and I don't think even he is capable of winning a title for the foreseeable future.

As long as the Warriors remain together, I can't confidently say any other team in the league will win a title to be honest lol. I think Harden is clearly good enough to be the best player on a title team, but it isn't going to happen as long as the Warriors remain together; LeBron is arguably the best or 2nd best player of all-time and I don't think even he is capable of winning a title for the foreseeable future.

I could see the Celtics making a push over the next couple years. Weird things happen. Steph and Durant aren’t the most durable superstars either.

Houston has certainly made it a priority to attack Steph whenever they can. I think at least part of that strategy is more to do with tiring him out on the offensive end rather than because of how bad he is defensively though. Steph has proven himself to be a solid defender IMO.
I feel like it's always good strategy to make a guy coming off of injury work on defense.

I could see the Celtics making a push over the next couple years. Weird things happen. Steph and Durant aren’t the most durable superstars either.

Yeah, if Golden State suffers injuries to their stars then obviously that changes things completely. I don't think anyone is touching them as long as they remain healthy though, Boston included. Boston could have their young guys all pan out and Golden State might still have 3 or 4 players better than Boston's best player in that case. It would take a mini-miracle IMO for anyone to be on a level playing field with them. Maybe Boston could get close enough and have Golden State hit a slump at the right time though. Boston definitely seems to have the best opportunity to do it.

Yeah, if Golden State suffers injuries to their stars then obviously that changes things completely. I don't think anyone is touching them as long as they remain healthy though, Boston included. Boston could have their young guys all pan out and Golden State might still have 3 or 4 players better than Boston's best player in that case. It would take a mini-miracle IMO for anyone to be on a level playing field with them. Maybe Boston could get close enough and have Golden State hit a slump at the right time though. Boston definitely seems to have the best opportunity to do it.
If Boston had a healthy Kyrie and Hayward they push these Warriors harder than you think.
They would have depth and a coach who get everything out of the players.
If the Celtics had Hayward and Irving then Marcus Smart could be on the floor a lot more just hounding Steph.
I think the Celtics could beat the Warriors in a year. Tatum and Brown are on their way to Allstars.
Horford can play like Draymond Green. He can pass the ball, make 3’s and be a 5 in small ball.

If Boston had a healthy Kyrie and Hayward they push these Warriors harder than you think.
They would have depth and a coach who get everything out of the players.
If the Celtics had Hayward and Irving then Marcus Smart could be on the floor a lot more just hounding Steph.
I think the Celtics could beat the Warriors in a year. Tatum and Brown are on their way to Allstars.
Horford can play like Draymond Green. He can pass the ball, make 3’s and be a 5 in small ball.

We'll see. For my personal enjoyment of the NBA, I'd love to see somebody that can really challenge them. I don't agree with you though. Even with Kyrie/Hayward, I think you're just praying Golden State has 4 off games or you're gonna lose.

We'll see. For my personal enjoyment of the NBA, I'd love to see somebody that can really challenge them. I don't agree with you though. Even with Kyrie/Hayward, I think you're just praying Golden State has 4 off games or you're gonna lose.
The Warriors are ridiculously lucky a top 5 player in the league joined there team.
They made 2 finals before Durant but Cleveland in 2016 beat them.
With LeBron and Kyrie and 1 good game from Love.
They switched out of their biggest question mark Barnes for a top 20 alltime.

The Warriors aren’t a machine they are 2 super duper stars Steph and Durant and 1 more allstar Thompson and 3 good players around them /Iggy/Green/Livingston.

Durant joining that team is what has extended their life.

The Celtics have 19 and 20 year olds just tapping their potential.
Tatum can be a top 10 player in the league. Brown can be Thompson.
Kyrie is a top 5 PG, Hayward can be good. Horford can be their Green.

The Celtics barring major injury are going to be good for a while. I didn’t even mention Rozier, Smart, another future lottery pick from Sacramento they have. The Memphis pick which down the pipe is going to be a lottery pick.

Warriors aren’t going to dominate forever. They have competition coming. Both Philly and Boston.

The Warriors are ridiculously lucky a top 5 player in the league joined there team.
They made 2 finals before Durant but Cleveland in 2016 beat them.
With LeBron and Kyrie and 1 good game from Love.
They switched out of their biggest question mark Barnes for a top 20 alltime.

The Warriors aren’t a machine they are 2 super duper stars Steph and Durant and 1 more allstar Thompson and 3 good players around them /Iggy/Green/Livingston.

Durant joining that team is what has extended their life.

The Celtics have 19 and 20 year olds just tapping their potential.
Tatum can be a top 10 player in the league. Brown can be Thompson.
Kyrie is a top 5 PG, Hayward can be good. Horford can be their Green.

The Celtics barring major injury are going to be good for a while. I didn’t even mention Rozier, Smart, another future lottery pick from Sacramento they have. The Memphis pick which down the pipe is going to be a lottery pick.

Warriors aren’t going to dominate forever. They have competition coming. Both Philly and Boston.
Eh, I don't think the Cavs win that title if Curry is 100%/Bogut didn't go down. Playing Ezeli in crunch time didn't exactly help them (still can't believe that was the call Kerr made).

He's the westbrook of this generation.

Neither will win a championship.

Eh, I don't think the Cavs win that title if Curry is 100%/Bogut didn't go down. Playing Ezeli in crunch time didn't exactly help them (still can't believe that was the call Kerr made).

THANK YOU for pointing that out. Putting Ezeli in the game was a massive reason the Warriors lost. I'll stand by that statement forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom